ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phil Morrison backwards drift entry...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL! i remember when brett castle was the number 1 lol!

also remember seeing apex performance's car go off on the first corner at the entry every time they took it lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i remember at the d1gp when darren macnamara was against one of the jap drivers and it went 1 more time 2 or 3 times and everyone in the crowd was convinced darren won... and the judges went the other way never heard so many people say f**k at once lol!

also saw smokey nagata driving the top secret golf buggy around the pits!

ITB'd MK1
lol i remember at the d1gp when darren macnamara was against one of the jap drivers and it went 1 more time 2 or 3 times and everyone in the crowd was convinced darren won... and the judges went the other way never heard so many people say f**k at once lol!

I was there!!!! was the exhibition match.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i was the only one that managed to catch his 90 degree entrys as a still :D

31.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
oh n malice, i did ask about the parts you pmd me about, best bet is to ring and ask for Ed :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its ok now laura i got it sorted :)

danny it was a wicked day at the d1gp stiggy got banned for doing doughnuts infront of the stand lol

i loved watching drifting when it was like that back then, when sumo power 350z took out the top secret s15 lol! america and japan have a much better crowd than we do in the uk, in the uk its full of chavs in clios and corsas who think sticking maccy trays under their rear wheels is also drifting lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
plus when you watch Phil's drift then watch kawabata do it propperly... makes phil's look rubbish lol

[youtube]ZBSVqOc-CN4[/youtube]

JB

RB 182 Cup
I don't know much about drifting but that Jap driver's entry to the first corner is mental!

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
Doesnt matter how many drifting video's i watch or how much skill i know it takes, god i find it boring!:sleepy:

ITB'd MK1
Doesnt matter how many drifting video's i watch or how much skill i know it takes, god i find it boring!:sleepy:

it's more interesting when you know the drivers. I have no interest in drifting at all now, But I've known Phil personally for about 8 years, so it's awesome to see.

Malice - Were you there when stiggy burned holes in the track at Wildtracks and got the whole even banned from happening there again? LOL

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no wasnt danny but was told about it lol! guy seems to have a habbit of getting banned lol! that starlet is wicked though lol!

same as danny i know alot of the drivers and tbh i like the whole atmosphere that comes with it, its basically a load of lads around my age just f**king about... thats it... it takes a s**t load of skill to do it well! i can drift a bit but no where near the level of these guys its the banter that happens that makes it good.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol its not as easy as people think... drive something rwd with a welded diff, you will find out quick enough if you can do it lol.

Is it a case of 'you can either do it or you can't' or is it easily learnable?

Always wondered how hard it could be, but I've never had a go in a RWD car, let alone tried to drift! lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
oh yeh its learnable, but some people, good drifters have a tallent from the start, i have seen people have a go their first time and just nail it...

TrackCar & F30 330d
You know you have those driving days where you get to drive a super car. Well i'm i've seen somthing where you can learn how to drift in a cateram. I've been lucky enough to drive some supercars on the road so i wouldnt do the supercar thing but i'd pay to learn how to drift :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there are a fair few drift days where they hire out cars etc, couple mx5's and 200's etc... its about 500 for the day though :/

alien green rs133
drifting a 94' 4.2 turbo diesel nissan patrol up 4 levels in a multistory car park with the diff elec locked and ARB's removed. FTW!