ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 track shed

172 5HED
You will find a hole that is in a perfect place,as I said before I used a nut and bolt with a big washer to hold it in place.(it's in the middle) can't

find pics sorry.

Oh and then we used a piece of cut off door seal on the inside along the top to make it look tidy and it stops the window rattling about.

Cheers pal!!

Picked the grille up today, only a tenner an the right colour, looking like a car agian now!:cool:

Zetec s
Right made a fair bit of progress over the last couple of days, but i'll let the pics do the talkin.

First exhaust
Then Windows

DSC02320.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

Next job is a sheet of 2mm to do the rear screen. And somehow get this grill off the back seat of kev's car and onto the 172 :rasp:

Zetec s
We know the tiger seal doesn't look the best, but it does the job, This cars never going to be a show winner lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Lol good job lads! :) That seat look really high in those pics or is that just me?

How Heavy is the rear window btw? How easy to remove?

was there really much difference in weight on the front and sides as they are only light anyway arent they , the rear is the heaviest out of the lot ?? how heavy was the rear one , i am thinking of getting some ordered up but dont no whether to do sides and rear or just the rear

Zetec s
Tbh the side windows wern't a lot heavier than the perspex but when your goin all out weight loss then every little helps. The rear screen was just as easy to take out as the side windows its only bonded in. The rear window is a lot heavier perspex is a must for that.

Oh and the seat is quite high atm, than is another issue to be resolved soon.

172 5HED
Good skills lads, sorry Ive not been down like :( been busy sortin the birds car!!

Wouldnt worry bout the ghetto tiger seal like, as said, its never going to be a show car, cheap project FTW!

Tbh the side windows wern't a lot heavier than the perspex but when your goin all out weight loss then every little helps. The rear screen was just as easy to take out as the side windows its only bonded in. The rear window is a lot heavier perspex is a must for that.

Oh and the seat is quite high atm, than is another issue to be resolved soon.

cheers mate , think i will be just getting the rear screen then ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
£200 squid from P4P ;)

We're gonna try ghetto ours out of thinner stuff will prob have rivetts in etc... but its no bother for a £180 saving:eek:

Rear screen is only £123 inc vat and postage from P4P mate!

the whole window set is only 220 or so i think from p4p , plus the vat mind , will be interesting to see how you get on with the rear screen , arent they slightly bent ??

Zetec s
the whole window set is only 220 or so i think from p4p , plus the vat mind , will be interesting to see how you get on with the rear screen , arent they slightly bent ??

The rear screen is slighlty bent both ways yeah but since its over a wide area i think we mite get away with it.

Rivits round the outside and tigerseal to make it watertight, jobs a gudun

172 5HED
The rear screen is slighlty bent both ways yeah but since its over a wide area i think we mite get away with it.

Rivits round the outside and tigerseal to make it watertight, jobs a gudun

Ghetto all the way innit mon!

I WILL get round this week to do a bit, need to sort out airfeed and get the grille on thats sat in my car ;)

172 5HED
Aye, the cage is continuing the bargain theme... just over a ton fitted!!!

Ben, the side windows are not that much lighter in poly, its the nack thats the heavy bit, not managed to DIY that yet :(

Zetec s
Few updates,

All polycarb except rear screen have been fitted, Door skins removed, old rubbish tyres have been removed and the alloys have been primered. Just need to spray in some wacky colour now and get the 888's fitted. Then i gotta fit the braided brake lines. And next big job is cage then it should be ready for the track.

DSC02360.jpg

DSC02361.jpg

DSC02312.jpg

DSC02364.jpg

DSC02362.jpg

DSC02363.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
About time you got around to doing something.

Goodridge brake lines,make sure you can turn lock to lock without stretching them.