ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The first Medic MG is still my favourite. The M249.

Put the Mag ammo on that with the 4x and watch the points fly.

I'm utterly useless with that thing. If you stand still near a wall and let rip - watch the bullet spread against the wall. It's like a rapid fire shotgun more than anything!

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
I'm utterly useless with that thing. If you stand still near a wall and let rip - watch the bullet spread against the wall. It's like a rapid fire shotgun more than anything!

D.

The trick is to fire off short bursts of about 4 or 5 rounds at a time on targets that are at any considerable range, anything close up just gets full auto to the face.

Mito Sportiva 135
I know mate, I'm on 33 now and to level up takes an age!!! To get to level 50 requires some serious gametime.

1.8 Civic EX
acording to the statsverse site, If I carry on playing at my currant skill, k/d ratio etc it'll take me an extra 441hours worth of play time to reach level 50

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow. That's a lot of gaming! Not to mention that it's probably longer as you will have got most the badges before then which bump your scores up.

1.8 Civic EX
thats a very good point!

on that note I only need two more Pins till I've got them all, 3 road kills in one match, and 4 m-coms in one match (I've only played Rush mode about twice)

As far as the insignia's go I've still got quite a few to go

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up again after a few weeks off.. now have the MG36 medic gun thing.. makes killing sooo much easier!

Think I'm rank 7 or 8 now

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
any of you lot play this on PSN? Want a change before MW3 and BF3 comes out and want to get practice in for BF3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up again after a few weeks off.. now have the MG36 medic gun thing.. makes killing sooo much easier!

Think I'm rank 7 or 8 now

I've found the MG36 to be the medic's weapon of choice. Brilliant for laying down many accurate bursts at all distances. I still can't choose between Magnum ammo or the MMG perk for it though. Each seem to be as good as the other, I found.

D.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I had an epically awesome shot earlier. Head shot from faaar away on harvest day I think it was, by capture point B IIRC, towards a big hill

One speculative burst of 2-3 bullets, couldn't really even see the guy... headshot :D

Integra Type-R DC2
Only thing I dont like about the MG36 is the gay red dot. Makes your field of view terrible.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I guess allot of the people play this is on XBOX and PC?

Just had a go on Conquest on my tod had a few good games

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm on 360. Fired it up again today for the first time in a couple of months - not because I lost interest, but I was trying to complete other games and finish getting Achievements etc.

One game on Conquest on Nelson Bay, 23/10 kill ratio and final score of 10240 :cool: 5k of them were for the Gold Star on the G3 assault rifle.

1.8 Civic EX
Good effort! I've started playing the vietnam maps again, realised I'd hardley touched them when lookiung at the weapon stats for the vietnam weapons.

Also giving Rush mode a go as I've always been a Conquest man. I'm actually getting into it a fair bit now, although it's suprising how when on the attacking team how many people just stand back killing the defenders rather than trying to get to the M-Com. Most of the time I literally just run to the station and arm the bomb, I'd say I'm sucessful in arming it at least 6/7 times out of 10. It's defending it once I've armed it that I fail at lol....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I haven't played much of the Vietnam pack either, mainly because the new map pack was released almost at the same time. Might get back on that TBH.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good effort! I've started playing the vietnam maps again, realised I'd hardley touched them when lookiung at the weapon stats for the vietnam weapons.

Also giving Rush mode a go as I've always been a Conquest man. I'm actually getting into it a fair bit now, although it's suprising how when on the attacking team how many people just stand back killing the defenders rather than trying to get to the M-Com. Most of the time I literally just run to the station and arm the bomb, I'd say I'm sucessful in arming it at least 6/7 times out of 10. It's defending it once I've armed it that I fail at lol....

The kit of choice for that role my good man, is the recon with motion mines and an uber-powerful shotgun. They need to get to that M-COM to unarm it and its easy to make mincemeat out of them while they try!

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Or....the classic of being recon and putting a mortar strike down on the station as soon as it is set...or C4.

1.8 Civic EX
The kit of choice for that role my good man, is the recon with motion mines and an uber-powerful shotgun. They need to get to that M-COM to unarm it and its easy to make mincemeat out of them while they try!

D.

lol thats exactly what I have been doing (when not playing a Vietnam map), it's all fine until they have a sniper miles away pointing at the station, so they are not picked up on the motion mine and not in my field of view

Integra Type-R DC2
Or....the classic of being recon and putting a mortar strike down on the station as soon as it is set...or C4.

This, but on the attacking side, is a winner. I did a quality attack the other day, armed an MCOM, then threw C4 on the reverse side of a wall that was against the MCOM and hid. Waited 10 seconds, then detonated. Got 3 kills and mopped up with my shotgun.

Was pretty ninja.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Been hammering this again, nearly got all the pins and insignias, already got platinum trophy on the PS3 Inc all the add on classes + vietnam map pack... just need to buy the onslaught mode add on to complete that!

Im loving the engineer class atm.. mainly cause im trying to get the insignia for two platinum weapon stars and you only need 500 kills with the gustav and RPG .. Gustav has been done so im onto the RPG and upto 407 atm!

I always play rush and im more of a defensive player naturally so i prefer to drop a mortar on the mcom once armed or RPG it to bits when they try to defuse!

On defense im your worst nightmare haha, always taking down air support and if im feeling fruity il pop out a tracer and start tagging snipers with it and locking onto them!

1.8 Civic EX
Only need one more pin till I've got a least one of each...three road kills in a match, God knows when I'm gonna get that. May have to get on a map with some quads and spend the whole match just driving around untill I get it lol

gave up on vietnam last night, just finding it too hard for some reason. One game of rush, defenders. I died about 20 times and got 1 kill. Rage quit!

Then turned it back on, rush on the map (forget what it's called now) snowy one, edge of water, helicopters + tanks etc. I was defending again...got the mines out and one of the shotguns, ended up with a K/D of 28/12 I think it was, and due to so many mine kills close to the mcom (to get extra defense kill bonus points) I ended up with about 9k odd points :)

Mk2 ph1 clio
I don't care about kd lol it's only 1.38 and I back out of alot of games if there's only like 2 people on each team which happens at least twice a day!

Got my 500 kills with the rpg and gustav now for the two platinum stars insignia just need to play some conquest now got flag captures and a squad attack/defend order pin and I'm done!

1.8 Civic EX
I noticed Spiezels joined in for a bit of base rapeage yestderday lol

God knows what I was doing though, I only ended up with about 500 odd points on that game, just couldn't get into a stride at all...had a good run on the UAV though :)

I have slowly become what I've always hated about this game....a sniping shotgun user, you have to be bang on accurate to get a one shot kill though, which is quite difficult sometimes, doing well though as I have gold stars for the 870s and Saiga already, working through the SPAS now.

Also very nearly reached rank 33, not sure how I seem to have gone through this rank quite so quick tbh but it's all good :)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah it didn't end well for em did it!?

I stole their chopper twice!

Used to HC though so took abit to get used to it.

1.8 Civic EX
Yeah I had a good birds eye view of you nicking their chopper from the UAV, looked like a proper Rambo moment :)

I've never played on HC, whats the difference?

FN2 Type R GT
Just got this earier, loving it so far online, much beter than COD, its just so hard to stay alive, whats the best game modes online to play?

1.8 Civic EX
I've always prefered Conquest, and it's definatley the place to start for beginners, Rush is just a bit mad and you will be dieing loads untill you start unlocking some of the extra equipment/weapons etc.

Conquest has bit of a slower pace (depending on how you approach things) so will give you more time to get into the swing of it/learn the maps/building layouts/your prefered kit etc

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
HC...

No player markers
No radar (unless you pause it to look)
No health regen
Friendly fire
Bullets do more damage etc, so the M24/Gol/50 are 1 hit kills etc.

1.8 Civic EX
HC...
No player markers
No radar (unless you pause it to look)
No health regen
Friendly fire
Bullets do more damage etc, so the M24/Gol/50 are 1 hit kills etc.

Ooh might have to give that a go then, I'd have a s**t load more kills by now if I played on HC. The amount of times I've got a hit with a sniper but it's not killed and they've managed to run off hide while I reload is shocking!