ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

172 Cup
fb0c89e8.jpg

Couldn't see another established thread so this will become the official discussion thread.

Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC - featuring best-in-class vehicular combat set across a wide range of huge sandbox maps each with a different tactical focus.

New vehicles like the All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and the UH-60 transport helicopter allow for all-new multiplayer tactics in the warzone, extensive fine-tuning ensures that this will be the most realistic vehicle combat experience to date.

Tactical destruction is taken to new heights with the updated DICE ‘Frostbite’ engine. Players can now take down entire buildings or create their own vantage points by blasting holes through cover, thereby delivering a unique dynamic experience in every match.

Players can also compete in 4-player teams in 2 exclusive squad-only game modes, fighting together to unlock exclusive team awards and achievements. Spawn on your squad to get straight into the action, and use gadgets such as the tracer dart in-conjunction with the RPG to devastating effect.

Excellence in the battlefield is rewarded with an extensive range of pins, insignias and stars to unlock along with 50 dedicated ranks to achieve.

Variety also extends into the range of customizable kits weapons and vehicles available. With 4 distinct character classes, and weapons, gadgets and specializations players have over 15000 kit variations to discover and master players will be able to fine-tune their preferred fighting style to give them the edge in combat.

All of these features combine to deliver spectacular and unpredictable action moments found nowhere else in a modern warfare experience.

The game also sees the return of the B Company squad in a more mature and intense single player experience where the stakes are higher than ever.

[YOUTUBE]3WClZ1MP4Ck[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oRlBI6FgMOs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZA4vTixIH8Y[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Re: [PC/Xbox/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

War games. There's a few, now.

This will pwn MW2 tbh!

Only thing they need to do is to reduce the bullet damage needed to kill someone!

172 Cup

Got a PS3? Might as well sign up for the Beta...

http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/beta

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer beta will feature the Arica Harbour map, where up to 24 players can compete. This new map displays a superb balance of vehicle and infantry combat, as the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base with full force, advancing further through a beautiful desert town and towards the industrial area in a desperate attempt to overtake the Arica Harbour. Heavy vehicle warfare on the first bases gradually turns into an intense infantry fight as the level progresses, showcasing this best-in-class online warfare experience.

In early 2010, you may be able to get your hands-on with this the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer demo on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

[YOUTUBE]at5RQyoEncU[/YOUTUBE]

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

This will pwn MW2 tbh!

Only thing they need to do is to reduce the bullet damage needed to kill someone!

Never going to happen silly.

I will be getting this though.

Dirty E91

This looks like it might be quite good, especially what with "Tactical destruction".

Was the original any good?
Had Battlefield 2 on the PC and it was awesome.

172 Cup

[YOUTUBE]-1W_mFECV6o[/YOUTUBE]

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

have to say looks better than the first one, i might be tempted in this shame it's not out till march. got the first one on platinum havnt played much of it got to 4 stars i believe, it does take a few more bullets to kill the guy but i liked the game but didnt know much of the maps and i kept getting killed

Oh yes it will ;)

At least in multiplayer, I suspect the single player will be shite though!

Can't beat tanks, jeeps, heli's etc so much more of an epic battle!

There is a PS3 Beta going live soon (if not already)

172 Cup

[YOUTUBE]z9tZZSyI1YM[/YOUTUBE]

Octy VRS

Anyone been playing this? It's f**king awesome! The way you can drill a small hole in a wall to snipe though is a real touch. Got totally nailed though last night, need practice. So much more fun than COD.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

this looks SICK!!!

AK

M240i

Does look bloody good may pre order, what's the first one like?

How come you've got it if its nae out till March?!

Octy VRS

Nope, not as yet. I'd imagine it will sometime though.

I can't wait tbh Oska but would rather crack on with the current crop of games rather than play a beta - Its time will come mind!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

looks like a grown up mw2 with better graphics and vehicles.

Octy VRS

C'mon CS people. Is no one playing the beta? It's f**king awesome.

AK

M240i

Is the first one any good? Is it worth getting the first one before playing this one?!

Octy VRS

Yes, a few people from AV Forums have been playing the beta and gone out and bought the 1st. You can pick it up cheap. IIRC there was an online demo on PSN. Don't know if it is still available.

Edit* It's still on PSN, not sure if the online part is included though/

Last edited:

AK

M240i

Yes, a few people from AV Forums have been playing the beta and gone out and bought the 1st. You can pick it up cheap. IIRC there was an online demo on PSN. Don't know if it is still available.

Edit* It's still on PSN, not sure if the online part is included though/

Just downloaded the demo on the Xbox, bloody good for an old(ish) game, just picked it up on E-bay for a tenner delivered so will have this, MW2 (@ xmas) and also Left 4 Dead 2 to keep me occupied once my exams finish (this Thursday) :D.

AK

M240i

Well it arrived today and i've been playing it.

Good game, really enjoying it.. took some time to get used to the shooting style, and also the enemies seem really well hidden lol.

Only thing i'd say is you seem to run out of ammo very very quickly and it's a pain in the arse to find more :(

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Cant wait for this, looks mint!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

This will pwn MW2 tbh!

I hope so! :)

I hope it will! :)

Oh yes it will ;)

At least in multiplayer, I suspect the single player will be s**te though!

Can't beat tanks, jeeps, heli's etc so much more of an epic battle!

There is a PS3 Beta going live soon (if not already)

1,000% knows. :cool:

Anyone been playing this? It's lovely awesome! The way you can drill a small hole in a wall to snipe though is a real touch. Got totally nailed though last night, need practice. So much more fun than COD.

Awesome. :D

D.

AK

M240i

Hope the MP will be better than Bad Company tbh.

It's a bit too kill die kill die really and there is only one game type?!

And it's not because i'm shite ;) I've been coming in the top 3 most matches!

^^There were two game types, basically a 'domination' style match and Gold Rush which was an attack and defend type game

TBH Gold Rush was so awesome you didn't need any others, (I only play TD on COD)

But yes will admit game types are limited compared to cod!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

[youtube]z9tZZSyI1YM[/youtube]

Those sound effects are brilliant! AT guys are back in as well - yeah, baby!

WhoTF needs 86 bullshit anti-infantry only attachments to their guns when you can have kit that takes out tanks? ;)

Going after the vehicles - FTMFW!

D.

Octy VRS

Zippo said:
Hope the MP will be better than Bad Company tbh.

It's a bit too kill die kill die really and there is only one game type?!

It sounds like it is different in 2, very squad based. At first I was getting killed every 5 seconds but the levels are huge so there are a lot of options. The attack/defend game is excellent fun as both teams get to take on both aspects.

I had a go on the UAV last night. It's a remote controlled chopper with remote guided missiles, awesome fun nailing tanks.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

It sounds like it is different in 2, very squad based. At first I was getting killed every 5 seconds but the levels are huge so there are a lot of options. The attack/defend game is excellent fun as both teams get to take on both aspects.

I had a go on the UAV last night. It's a remote controlled chopper with remote guided missiles, awesome fun nailing tanks.

That's key to most FPSs like this, I think. DICE got it so right years ago with Battlefield 1942. You actually felt like a small (yet important) part of your side doing well. Your lumbering bomber was a sitting target to the opposing fighters and AA, but it was the quickest and best method to nail the artillery piece that was lobbing shells on your guys, holding out at one base.

The scale of the maps added to this - allowing you to fly low and skim over the hills and valleys and if you had enough bombs left, to do a quick raid on the enemy's main base.

BF1942 was a turning point for me in terms of FPS. The vehicles, the map sizes, the class options - all helped to create a dynamic and fluid game. That's why to this day, I ultimately find infantry-only FPSs to get quite boring. It's one-dimensional, when it's clearly been demonstrated that there can be so much more brought to the genre.

D.

Octy VRS

Exactly the reason I find COD a steaming pile of turd online.

AK

M240i

I agree the large maps are great.. Will defo be buying this!

AK

M240i

With MP can you interchange your classes? That's one thing that's letting BF BC1 with me atm..

Like have the health stick but also have a anti tank missile etc?