ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mine turned up today and as usual, I've jumped straight into the single-player campaign - online shat can wait. ;)

So far, so good. It's not too much like COD (which is a good thing imo) but it's definitely not got that legendary Battlefield 'feel'. BF1942, BF2 and BF2142 all had a series feel to them, which is lacking in this.... so far. Clearly the run & gun, with loads of weapon types is a direct swipe from COD. If it sells, why not copy it, eh?

The sound however, is truly, truly epic. I've got the external decoder on Dolby and the rapid fire thud of the rounds is probably one of the best I've heard in FPS games. I'm also amazed at the shear amount of graphical mayhem going on - even at 1920x1200 without a hint of slow-down. The guys at DICE have done a great effort on the engine, I think.

Some little things are a bit daft, though. Quite a few times, my three squad-mates have been behind me - by quite some distance. Then, as they fail to catch up - the game just instantly 'teleports' them in front. Hmmm.

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I've found a few little bugs, i jumped into a tyre for a laugh and it shot miles into the air lol. The other thing that reallly winds me up in any game is when people you cannot see, which you know cannot see you (for example, i was stood behind a wall with a tree blooming in between us) and then bullets start firing through the tree, you can see the bullets and where they come from but you can't see the person firing it. It just reminds you your fighting AI :(

I'm like you Darren S i don't hit online till i've done the SP, think im near the end of it now and its been a pretty satisfying game. I don't think you can say its missing the BF feel until you hit online tbh because the singleplayer of all the other battlefields you listed was simply online play but with bots instead of real people.

Fiesta ST
Couple of tips for the PC guys.

I had problems seeing server pings in the server browser, you must run the game as administrator.

I've change the FOV to 75 (much better) but can be changed up to 200 if you like the fish eye effect. (Settings.ini in my documents)

To speed up the server browser - when you load the server browser hit cancel, then apply the filters on the right (Ranked, Not Full, Not Empty, No Password, Punkbuster on) , and click refresh

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Too right it's harder online. I'm
getting shot to f*ck! Lol. Some of the guys are proper clever and really hard to find, especially the snipers. It's like you're constantly in no mans land. Think there's about 12 guys on each team on Conquest mode and I'm
usually in the bottom 4 after each game is up. Mind you I'm
relatively new to it and the other guys have clearly unlocked better weapons and the like. Stick with it I guess until you up rank enough times to unlock more and more stuff :cool:
Riding in tanks and other vehicles is pretty cool, especially when other squad members hitch on and help out. Love how the battlefield can be destroyed too. Sniper in a house? Blow the house up! :clown:

Fiesta ST
If sniping on the PC, after you fire the shot keep mouse button one pressed down and you can see where the shot lands and adjust accordingly.

AK

M240i
getting shot to f*ck! Lol. Some of the guys are proper clever and really hard to find, especially the snipers. It's like you're constantly in no mans land. Think there's about 12 guys on each team on Conquest mode and I'm
relatively new to it and the other guys have clearly unlocked better weapons and the like. Stick with it I guess until you up rank enough times to unlock more and more stuff :cool:
Riding in tanks and other vehicles is pretty cool, especially when other squad members hitch on and help out. Love how the battlefield can be destroyed too. Sniper in a house? Blow the house up! :clown:

LOL!

I prefer sniping in the smaller 4 squad match.. much smaller map too so it's easier to kill folk :)!

Fiesta ST

haha same - I seem to die way to easy but I when i shoot people takes forever to kill them! Nothing worst than playing on a pro clan server - makes me feel I'm so crap.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Couple of tips for the PC guys.

I had problems seeing server pings in the server browser, you must run the game as administrator.

I've change the FOV to 75 (much better) but can be changed up to 200 if you like the fish eye effect. (Settings.ini in my documents)

To speed up the server browser - when you load the server browser hit cancel, then apply the filters on the right (Ranked, Not Full, Not Empty, No Password, Punkbuster on) , and click refresh

Why is FOV 75 better? is there any way of turning down all the f**king glare and s**t? theres way too much its quite unrealistic imo.

Fiesta ST
Why is FOV 75 better? is there any way of turning down all the f**king glare and s**t? theres way too much its quite unrealistic imo.

Personel taste but in every FPS I've always changed the FOV due to 55 being restrictive.

15312cc7.gif

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
One thing im really not liking is how bad rpg's are. several times now i've shot them into a building, blown off the wall and killed noone inside, or hit the ground right next to someone running and its not killed them.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It is hard yeah, but only because we're just starting out. The guys who are rinsing it on Rank 5+ have unlocked better weapons and stuff. My sniper rifle sometimes takes two head shots for a kill, whereas others have much more powerful guns. Just unlocked an gun upgrade to my Assault rank, though.

Taking a ride in a tank with someone who knows what they're doing can score you big points, too. Just remember to bail out when you hear that rocket launcher firing! Lol.

AK

M240i
Has your opinion now changed as the page before this you were saying you didn't like the game at all.

Definitely mate... well worth the purchase!

It didn't help matters i was playing it on a shite non-HD telly too..!

It is hard yeah, but only because we're just starting out. The guys who are rinsing it on Rank 5+ have unlocked better weapons and stuff. My sniper rifle sometimes takes two head shots for a kill, whereas others have much more powerful guns. Just unlocked an gun upgrade to my Assault rank, though.

Taking a ride in a tank with someone who knows what they're doing can score you big points, too. Just remember to bail out when you hear that rocket launcher firing! Lol.

LOL! I somehow managed to get control of a helicopter and then once i'd figured out how to get it to take off in mid-air i pushed 'B' and jumped out of it by accident lol...!

Have you managed to get control of the motor machines or helicopters etc? I was just lucky to get mine..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I haven't bothered with the remote choppers yet, but I have taken out about 4 guys who are on the console controlling them. Lol, sitting ducks :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
***** MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS/INFO THAT PEOPLE DON'T WISH TO KNOW :) *****

Just finished the single player campaign a few minutes ago. Very good game throughout, I thought - the dialogue typically was funny and quite witty. I laughed at that point where they said something like ".....if we don't go in, they will send into some other team with bulls**t heartbeat sensors" - Me-ow! ;)

Clearly plenty of level design has been COD-influenced, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Loved the way that you could systematically destroy cover that the enemy hid behind - very effective when carrying an LMG or something similar.

Bits I didn't particularly like..... one was the Snowblind level (I hated that with a passion) - running from one bonfire to the next - WTF? :S Then to make it appear 1000% unrealistic, the instant the rescue chopper comes into land, the bitter cold doesn't harm you anymore. Sorry, in a 5ft distance did I just walk into a temperate zone? The inbound mortar bits were a bit shat too. No skill. No ability. Just learn where the game drops the mortars and make a run for it.

I wasn't a fan of the 'tail-gunner' bits either. The Humvee's were ok, but why is it that everything gets speeded up like a Benny-Hill sketch? When I'm trying to keep enemy vehicles at bay from the rear of a truck - I expect to be doing anything between 0 and maybe 50mph. I don't expect to have a view on par with hangin out the rear of Sebastian Loeb's car while he's attacking a rally stage.

Loved, loved, loved the storming of the Antonov plane bit and the desert bits reminded me a lot of the infamous El Alamein map in Battlefield 1942. I really liked the tank bits too (vehicles = yay!) - even more so when you had to calculate the shell drop over distance - very hectic when under fire.

Really liked the weapon choices - the T88S being one of my favourites - and who can resist going all 'Nam-tastic with a fully loaded M60? ;)

Anyways, a couple of random pics. I sacrificed a bit of the quality options for the sake of super-smooth gameplay.

BFBC2Game2010-03-0709-59-57-13.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0617-22-25-85.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0617-26-03-81.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0617-26-18-74.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0617-50-19-11.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0617-57-58-17.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0618-04-38-80.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0618-23-12-18.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0618-38-22-01.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0710-01-51-67.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0710-32-19-42.jpg

BFBC2Game2010-03-0710-50-46-70.jpg

Might have a dabble online next. :)

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
online is a blast with people you know. Playing with randomers is risky because theres always 1 who will fill the chopper up then crash it and kill you all on purpose (i used to do that lol)

Just got a badge for an 8 kill streak =]. I keep waiting to get my chopper gunner and stuff :( lol.

Unlocked mortars earlier on on the recon class, quite useful.

Really think the damage on some guns needs altering tho, as stated earlier there is a huge issue with RPG's imo, hitting the floor right next to people and it not even damaging them sometimes. Same with mortars yesterday i mortared a building that i knew people were in the roof of, it mostly missed lol and then the last mortar blew the wall off that they were hiding behind and yet they are ok? lol.

Overall though the online experience is really good.

PMSL, nothing like going down with your ship aye scutch ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ROFL - anyone having issues with PB and Win7? Manually downloaded the latest version of PB - added BC2 as a game to the update list - updated it - ran BC2 and even on non-PB enabled games, I'm still booted for a PB error.

Great, eh? Sack it. I didn't even want to go online anyway.... ;)

D.