ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Fiesta ST
ROFL - anyone having issues with PB and Win7? Manually downloaded the latest version of PB - added BC2 as a game to the update list - updated it - ran BC2 and even on non-PB enabled games, I'm still booted for a PB error.

Great, eh? Sack it. I didn't even want to go online anyway.... ;)

D.

Been ok all weekend except today, just got kicked from a server beacause of PB.

Currently downloading the PB manual update (PB site is insanely slow though).

I know people who had the beta installed can cause issues.

On PC when you install you can select online verification, so you don't have to have the disc in and you can install it on up to 10 computers!

Does that mean if you have more than one PC you can install it on both and play together on seperate accounts do you think?

Pretty cool if so.

Graphics are quality as well, like how the trees sway in the breeze.

Last edited:

AK

M240i
I'm carrying my team at the moment!

I've got more kills than the rest of them added together lol!

DCi
Just got this on xbox... Iainm187 ;) add me and invite me if you see me playing! Quite looking forward to giving it a go

Ford Bantam 1.6
this game is awesome i was playing single player lastnight and it is sweet,i couldnt get online lastnight though :dapprove:

so if anyone is wondering if they should get the game its a big hell yeah

Nimbus Megane R26
pc version sucks. i can find servers but when i click on them it either says full which it isnt because they have 4/32 players on..or connection to server has been lost. Anyone know the fix??

Bux

Golf GTD
pc version sucks. i can find servers but when i click on them it either says full which it isnt because they have 4/32 players on..or connection to server has been lost. Anyone know the fix??

Ive been having this problem too... I havent managed to complete a whole round yet

182 Cup
I've rented this today only played about 10 minutes on multiplayer and just count it really complicated :S much more fiddly than COD,

Why does it take about 8 bullets to kill someone with a sniper rifle? Sureley should be one shot kills?

Also I hate that I cant have my controls the same as COD

Glad I didnt buy it now and only rented it to test

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've rented this today only played about 10 minutes on multiplayer and just count it really complicated :S much more fiddly than COD,

Why does it take about 8 bullets to kill someone with a sniper rifle? Sureley should be one shot kills?

More you play, more you unlock ie better weapons in each class.

Yea I had this problem but works now.
Try unranked ones and ones without Punkbuster

Found I could get on them, then tried normal ranked one later and found it was working

Fiesta ST
Yea I had this problem but works now.
Try unranked ones and ones without Punkbuster

Found I could get on them, then tried normal ranked one later and found it was working

Same, tick everything but PB servers.

I'm so bad at this game it's untrue, I'm dead before I even see another player, never mind people head shotting me with pistols from the other side of the map.

Fiesta ST
I wished I bought the Xbox version now and not the PC. Online play is just a mess - no excuse for it.

Octy VRS

You need to account for the drop on bullets. You unlock more stuff as you progress, the starter rifle is pants. I've been taken out a number of times with one shot. It's not a pick up and play shooter like COD, you need to learn routes to objectives and work as a team. 10 minutes won't give you much insight, you need to invest a couple of hours to get into it and learn the ropes. Once you do it's immense fun.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You need to account for the drop on bullets. You unlock more stuff as you progress, the starter rifle is pants. I've been taken out a number of times with one shot. It's not a pick up and play shooter like COD, you need to learn routes to objectives and work as a team. 10 minutes won't give you much insight, you need to invest a couple of hours to get into it and learn the ropes. Once you do it's immense fun.

^^^ - I hope that's so true. When I get around to going online, I hope it's more squad-play focused than COD.

Having had a quick look at the unlocks, I don't detect much of the bullshit unlocks of COD in there, either? That said, the engineer class looks a little weak - even with the AT weapons. Kack. I'll have to see for myself. :)

D.

Octy VRS
I'm concentrating on medic class at the mo. Love the LMG's and when you unlock the paddles you get good points for reviving teammates. Engineer class you can repair vehicles plus have the RPG. The assaults rifles are good especially when you unlock the scopes. You can unlock a drill too which repairs vehicles but also drills holes in walls for a hidden sniping spot.

One good thing is the ability to spot enemies. Once you get them in your sights press Select (PS3) and the enemy will be highlighted with a red triangle for a while, you can use the tracer darts on vehicles too which lets RPGs lock on even when out of sight. This gets good points too. Don't forget the fixed weapons like the UAV remote chopper and the laser guided missile launcher.

There aren't silly perks like in COD, more useful upgrades like increased damage and armour on vehicles, higher proximity sensors etc.

It counts on team play, especially good if you have one of each class in your squad as each can add their own value, giving ammo, medkits and stuff. Plus you can respawn on them too instead of having to start at spawn points. Last night we were holding a flag point in a warehouse and respawning on each other when getting killed. We held off tanks, choppers and tons of infantry for about 30 minutes.

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Spiezels and Scutchio tank just kicked some ass! LOL. Then it blew up, IIRC.

haha rolling thunder.

Gutted though I was on a mountain of kills in that last game due to beasting it in the chopper but I lost connection with EA = lost all those points.

Back on later though I'll inv you.

Also with regards to the sniper the M24 (1st one) is the best until you get the 50. As long as you hit em right It's 1 hit kills.

I'm gonna get my 50 then move to rifles then engineer then medic I think.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Same here. Just been booted and had 8 kills on Engineer class. Gutted. One of the other guys snipers took me out 3 times in a row after you left. F*cking hero :(

Playing Single Player now. On the level where you start off in the chopper on the mini gun.

AK

M240i
Yeah i just got "connection lost" too lol..

I thought the first sniper was the most powerful! I'll be sticking way that then..

Prefer the small squad death match games myself tho... find the bigger ones really! hard..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i don't think i have the time to get into another fps tbh. i enjoy the hour bash at mw2 online due to the arcade feel to it really. plus i don't even play that enough!

got HR on order too.

Shame, as i played the demo and enjoyed it loads, i just don't have the time to put into another fps.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just finished the frostbite mission in single player.

It's a great game even in single player.

S3, Polo
The more I play, the more I realise that it's far, far deeper and more rewarding than CoD...

Something I noticed earlier, whilst playing hardcore mode is that it seems more of a free for all and people seem less inclined to work as a team. Shame.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I haven't had the problems you guys on PC are having, I was on it most of last night and this morning, was as smooth as you like.

I didn't get kicked or anything, and had no issues getting on servers.

Fiesta ST
online is FUBAR.

gonna leave it a few days until EA can pull their finger out of their arse and sort it.

Lucky if you can sign into your account if you do;

your lucky if you can get a server list if you do;

your lucky if you can connect to a server without CTD if you do;

your lucky PB doesn't kick you out of a PB server.

AK

M240i
SP is a bit of a PITA...

I've had a few times where the story/level wouldn't move on because there was one or two guys still alive hiding somewhere...

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I bought this on Friday and played through the single player this weekend. It was pretty good, but there were some really annoying parts in it. The parts involving helicopters :mad:

The multiplayer definitely requires teamwork. It's very hard to just run about by yourself.

R26
Played for 10 mins and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Played for 3 hours after work yesterday and I f**king loved it. It really does take a lot of getting used to but once you have it is brilliant. Had absolutely no online issues with the PS3 even at peak time. Using the medic class defending a bridge with team mates, absolutely awesome, reviving everyone who died we held the position for a good 15 minutes against tanks, infantry, helicopters, the lot!! Epic.

Also:

I seem to have had the paddles, drill and a few bits unlocked from the start, quite why I dont know as I only have the standard edition? Loving the M1 Garand though, nice reward for spenidn £xxx on the Battlefield series!