ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

AK

M240i
Darren S said:
Not sure how that .50 plays online, but it was a bit 'meh' for me in the single player campaign. I much preferred the T88-S - even without the scope. The simple red dot was more than good enough. :)

D.

I really should complete single player first lol..

I've still not completed COD single player and I'm 2nd prestige lol...

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I prefer the power tbh for the uber long shots.

It's not that much better than the others but the extra kick is mint.

I want a red dot for a heavy weapon tbh.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah I've got the 12x's just waiting to get magnum bullet upgrade for the 50. And it's on.

You playing tonight atall.

AK

M240i
Had a few good games earlier with Steven :D

Unlocked a few things... not got the .50cal yet... seems i don't get the level i like on Squad DM...

Clio 1.2 16v
Rank 17 (IIRC) now, everything unlocked in recon and everything except the MG3 unlocked in medic. Great game, especially when using the SV98 12x or M60 4x.

Like taking out helis with the M95, the Apache hogging bastads!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Does make me laugh at at how quickly these unlocks are being achieved. In Battlefield 2142, I've clocked in 280+ hours, but still haven't got everything.

Must be a COD influence that in the game design. "I WANT EVERYTHING AND I WANT IT NOW, DAMMIT!" ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I wouldn't say that was quickly mate, it would take a hell of a lot of hours to get to Rank 17, and he's only stated he's unlocked the stuff for Recon and Medic. That still leaves Assault and Engineer with items that will still be locked. 280 hours is a lot, mind, but it would be interesting to learn how many hours it's taken to get to Rank 17. I'm only on Rank 2 and I've played it for around 10 hours now and unlocked f*ck all, really. LOL.

Octy VRS
I was tagging everything last night with the tracer dart gun even managed the Apache when it came down low and racked up a load of points with it. Not many other people seem to use it though. Also got my medic paddles and a few other unlocks. Don't think I shot anyone the entire game but still racked up about 2000 points.

ran out (literrally) and bought it last nite after switching mw2 off in frustration for the last time. intial impressions are its pretty good, defo a lot more thinking, holding back and using cover etc than cod. one thing that was frustating me massively was the fact when sniping, i could hit someone a couple of times, and they wouldnt die, and yet they'd hit me once and it would kill me instantly. im guessing thats solely down to the weapon there using?

graphics are pretty good though, and im loving the destruction of the scenary.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
ran out (literrally) and bought it last nite after switching mw2 off in frustration for the last time. intial impressions are its pretty good, defo a lot more thinking, holding back and using cover etc than cod. one thing that was frustating me massively was the fact when sniping, i could hit someone a couple of times, and they wouldnt die, and yet they'd hit me once and it would kill me instantly. im guessing thats solely down to the weapon there using?

graphics are pretty good though, and im loving the destruction of the scenary.

Yes, it's down to the weapon and current Rank, I'm presuming. I had the same trouble. I hit someone 4 times with the sniper rifle before they finally decided to call it a day and die. Saying that, I was firing from one hell of a distance away so couldn't guarantee a headshot every time. Yet I've been smacked in the head and body with one shot and been killed, several times. It's a learning thing.

yeh definatley seems that way. been on again for a bit this morning, starting to pick it up a bit more now. still slightly frustrating that you can kill someone just as easy with a pistol as you can with the basic sniper rifle but il get used to it.

just need to get somemore gameplay time really i think and forget everything i know and use on call of duty....so far so good though. im pretty impressed.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
yeh definatley seems that way. been on again for a bit this morning, starting to pick it up a bit more now. still slightly frustrating that you can kill someone just as easy with a pistol as you can with the basic sniper rifle but il get used to it.

just need to get somemore gameplay time really i think and forget everything i know and use on call of duty....so far so good though. im pretty impressed.

You can't take someone out from 400 yards away with a pistol, though :cool:

still give it a good go though lol.

na i agree, its just getting used to it i think. in mw2 etc you can still get a one shot kill with a sniper rifle even if you tag them in the body, on this, its only headshots that take them down in one hit it seems. which is alot more accurate obviously, just a bit different.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Indeed, but as you unlock better upgrades and weapons, some of them will wipe you out regardless of a body or headshot. I've been killed a few times with body shots from sniper rifles. Perhaps I'm doing it all wrong and aiming for the wrong places, but like you I think it's just getting used to it all.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I ordered this on Sunday from Shopto - got a delivery note yesterday but still hasn't arrived. :(

HURRY UP!!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
For the 360-ers, My gamertag is Scutchio, just incase you fancy the add and I'll check out if you're online and join a game if given the chance.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Multiplayer is cool. As a summing up :

I started off at the HQ, ready to go into battle, and ahead of me all I could see were tanks rolling into action and a couple of quadbikes speeding off into the distance. I ventured forward on foot, down into the desert like plains with a few abandoned ships scattered throughout. Overhead, two helicopters flew on, launching rockets and machinegun fire at the enemy forces. I hide behind a burning car to see one of the choppers being taken out by a Engineer on the ground with a rocket launcher. It falls to the earth with a boom. I press forward again, stop for a moment to look ahead. Bang. Sniper. Out of nowhere.

The best part of this is knowing that everything that's going on is basically other folk in the same situation as myself. The helicopters and other vehicles are all being controlled by humans, not AI. It makes it all so much more random with the element of surprise and not knowing what's around each corner. The vehicles add so much more to the game.

:cool:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'll add you Scutch once i've got my new gamer profile to work.

Old one ran out last night, got a new code and set a new one up by mistake. Not trying to get MS to sort out my mess. If not it looks like i'll be saying goodbye to my rank 5. Oh well, it'll give me the fun of doing it again!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Multiplayer is cool. As a summing up :

I started off at the HQ, ready to go into battle, and ahead of me all I could see were tanks rolling into action and a couple of quadbikes speeding off into the distance. I ventured forward on foot, down into the desert like plains with a few abandoned ships scattered throughout. Overhead, two helicopters flew on, launching rockets and machinegun fire at the enemy forces. I hide behind a burning car to see one of the choppers being taken out by a Engineer on the ground with a rocket launcher. It falls to the earth with a boom. I press forward again, stop for a moment to look ahead. Bang. Sniper. Out of nowhere.

The best part of this is knowing that everything that's going on is basically other folk in the same situation as myself. The helicopters and other vehicles are all being controlled by humans, not AI. It makes it all so much more random with the element of surprise and not knowing what's around each corner. The vehicles add so much more to the game.

:cool:
That made me emotional!

love it. true though.

ill add you in a few days times when ive had a bit more practice etc. just got the most kills on the deathmatch one. woo.

also, just changed the sound settings to something like war stories or whatever its called, jesus. sounds immense. gona be playing this for a while i think.....

mw2? pah.....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No idea mate, I've never been the pilot in one! Spiezels is the man for flying choppers! :cool:

I might have to invest!!

[youtube]f5lnzScc6ZE[/youtube]

Sucks to be the guys storming the building lol!

Yeah on 360, but I need some mates who could join me on a team, as my current list of friends suck. lol

This is a nice user video review:

[youtube]63h5iF9Pk2M[/youtube]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. I'm just playing with no-marks at the moment. No idea who any of them are. I just join a game and get on with it. :cool:

Unless I see a few folk I know already playing, in which case I'll join their game.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Anyone on yet.

I was just buzzing around in the apache (stolen) on port whatever It is got to the last HQ to blow up and lost connection to EA, lost the stats.

Very bloody annoying.