ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Fabia VRS & Yeti

I'm going to wait till it gets cold again and get the dlc stuff and finish off my quest! Not really a 'summer game' imo:)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 5 RS
I've started Dawn Guard but it's a bit samey. No surprise though, you forget when Skyrim actually came out - it's lasted a long time on my playing list!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Why oh why did I trade this in. FFS. Last part of the game I got to was killing the boss dragon, lol.

Clio 172
Been playing this for like a year now

Don't really know a great deal of who I am with or why, but I gather Dragons are back and i'm off to kill them lol

I know anyone that comes in my way I am friendly with lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Think I'm going to re-buy this tomorrow, gutted that I will have to start from the beginning again though.

Think I will go down the weaponry route this time instead of magic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm going to re-buy this tomorrow, gutted that I will have to start from the beginning again though.

Think I will go down the weaponry route this time instead of magic.

That's the sole issue I have with the game, though. You focus on trying to be a specific class and after 50+ hours or so, you end up being very good at several skills and good at another dozen. Skyrim doesn't allow you to become a phenomenal archer, with maybe a healing skill on the side, for example. Even bumping into things like boxes and crates inadvertently increases your light or heavy armour skill as you get to protect your body from 'harm'.

A lot of players love the generic one-man-army approach to Skyrim characters. For me personally, I find it to be a failing in the game's mechanics and one that dilutes the Skyrim experience as a whole. Perhaps the main reason why I've never completed it.

D.

Goliath I
I think it gives too much option. As you said Darren, there's no single specific style to play as but really what you prefer to excel in. The trouble is when I'm playing the game, I'm constantly thinking 'I wish I chose to be more of an Archer, or mage, or hand to hand etc...' and if there was just one solid route players would feel they'd be missing out on the other characteristics of the game.

Such a direction could work but maybe if rather than playing as a single character, build a group of around 3 characters?

Mito Sportiva 135
Agreed. Although the main failing for me of this game is lack of story and interesting characters. After many hours of gameplay you have a super powerful character but no interest in using them to drive the story narrative forward, as most likely you have forgotten what's happening and none of your choices really matter. Kill someone and it doesn't matter, don't kill them and it doesn't matter.

I have never gone from loving a game so much to feeling so much apathy, and it makes me a bit sick thinking about it all now. So much time wasted...although the first 20-30 hours were cracking. Stupid things like crafting you can have all the best armor and weapons so early on and then have nothing else left to discover in that avenue.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I didn't bother with crafting good weapons or armour, I just stuck to robes and magic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. Although the main failing for me of this game is lack of story and interesting characters. After many hours of gameplay you have a super powerful character but no interest in using them to drive the story narrative forward, as most likely you have forgotten what's happening and none of your choices really matter. Kill someone and it doesn't matter, don't kill them and it doesn't matter.

I have never gone from loving a game so much to feeling so much apathy, and it makes me a bit sick thinking about it all now. So much time wasted...although the first 20-30 hours were cracking. Stupid things like crafting you can have all the best armor and weapons so early on and then have nothing else left to discover in that avenue.

Same here. I thought Fallout 3 was the benchmark initially, but Skyrim blew it clean away. Then it all started to go a bit south for me around the 50hours mark. The initial stages where you had a steep climb in terms of gaining experience and skills were by far the most rewarding from a playing experience.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
After me and my follower both had full daedric weapons and armour, and both had powerful destruction, conjuration and restoration powers it got too easy.

With full conjuration especially I never had to do any fighting myself in the end.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just started my new game. Level 1....it's just dawned on me how many hours I need to put into this to get anywhere near as good as I was, lol.

So much time wasted...although the first 20-30 hours were cracking.

To be fair to the game - 30 hours of "cracking" gameplay is hardly a complete waste of money. £1/hr? It's not bad value.

I agree with much of the criticism thrown at Skyrim and to be honest after putting it down a few months ago I've not been the slightest bit interested in picking it up again. But I threw about 100 hours into that game and for those 100 hours it was an absolute blast. Superb game. Flawed for sure but still an absolute hoot and unsurpassed in it's genre.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh no, I loved the game up to a point...it's just disappointing when a game you're addicted to one moment suddenly becomes tedious and you have no desire to finish it, as I want to.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I seem to drop it for ages then ***** it for a week or so. Hopefully get the main question completed one day lol.

Cup, Lude & Z
Just bought this on ze cheap, gone Archery and Sneakery :eek: dont seem to have done much but a few hours have gone some where :p

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Archery for me too as a nord. Didn't want to be an elf or an orc, ugly f*****s. Been using magic a bit too :eek:

Cup, Lude & Z
Been advised to take some trade skills also...bit early days for me atm. Concentrating on building Stamina and Bow damaged

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I was a nord. One save file all the way through. Level 73 I think I got to, 200+ hours easy.

All achievements and 1000/1000 gamerscore. Was a superb game but as said, once you start to get to a certain level, you rollin', they hatin', TBH. No one can really touch you. Think my bow had a damage rating of over a 1000 or so, which was mental. I could take out a giant by just pulling the string back.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ha, awesome. I'm rolling with the imperial bow, pretty crap. Got chased by a mammoth and 2 giants last night, before I knew it, looked at the clock and over an hour had passed trying to kill them :eek:

Also forgot how annoying and tricky the falmer mission is, near the start. Have to go into a cave to kill their leader. Got killed by the first falmer. Lol

Octy VRS
You can get an ebony bow pretty early on from a Deathlord in Lost Valkygg. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Valkygg. Found it really useful with fire enchantment. Thing is you have to defeat the Deathlord first and being low level it's pretty hard even if you ramp down the difficulty level.

I envy those that have just started this, wish you could wipe your brain like a memory card so you could forget what happens in games.