ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

BMW 535d
Not played this since december. I abused my eyes for well over a month and unfortunately my old PS3 died on me.

Any recommendations on restarting as a different character, I wasnt a Nord but the other warrior character, red blood or something.

ANnoyingly I noticed how bloody scatty the game was when I played it on my 46" TV. Is this normal?

Mito Sportiva 135
I was a High Elf. Pretty good for the extra magicka but after several hundred hours think everyone is pretty much the same depending how you decide to level up.

BMW 535d
I started as a high elf. Getting seriously pissed off with getting killed

Did all the updates now, no more jerking on the new PS3 either. Missus is going away on Weds till Monday so I officially have 5 days of nothing to do and a fresh Skyrim game!

Does anyone else have the urge for the dwarves to show their faces aswell? Cant help but feel cheated with the rubbish robots they left behind

Mito Sportiva 135
High Elf is good if you get them using heavy armour and enchant the f&*k out of it. Especially if you get a decent companion (I have Marcurio) and some conjuration going down...double permanent flame atronachs for example = super awesome win times!

Weird how I have gone from a massive addiction on this game though, to not wanting to play it again. Sort of repulsed by everything about it, simply because played it so much and after so much time on it, the main game ran out of steam I found...no compulsion to finish it off right now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah every time I load it up now I just wander around aimlessly then switch it off. It's in desperate need of DLC.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's quite sad...I have found most Betheseda games start slowly...have 20-30 hours of epicness when you want to spend all hours of the day playing it, then all of a sudden fizzles out. Want to complete it but got so many pointless side missions to do first...I have walked every inch of the map so many times just feels like a job now! Also if I see one more bloody dragon...!!!

BMW 535d
I second the dragons. They got seriously tiring. Is there actually anything really interesting to find though? Even things like the weapons arent unique in any way. Maybe the mace of molog bal but thats it IIRC

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, gets a bit samey after a while...and enemies get very tiring after a bit. Hoping the story conclusion is interesting but not counting on it...

Octy VRS
546570_324741520926711_139538492780349_842734_2083296939_n.jpg

Tomorrow.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I second the dragons. They got seriously tiring. Is there actually anything really interesting to find though? Even things like the weapons arent unique in any way. Maybe the mace of molog bal but thats it IIRC

There are 15 Daedric weapons that are unique. It's one of the Achievements to unlock.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I hope it is :(

I'm still to test the new patch with the kill-cam, too.

I tried it last week.

Anticipate for weeks. Download. Wait five minutes at the title screen for the patch to be applied to your save file. Load. Wander. Shoot a bandit. Watch an arrow. Feel dejected. Eject.

Octy VRS
They said April though didn't they?

Finally found the Sam dude for A Night to Remember last night. Was in a tavern in Ivarstead. Didn't think to look in the smaller villages. So now got the Sanguine Rose, also the Oghma Infinium the other night. Just got 5 more Daedric artifacts to get. Now at 85 hours and level 36. Now have enough smithing for Daedric armour but need to go and mine a shitload of Ebony.

ST1050, 320d
They said April though didn't they?

Finally found the Sam dude for A Night to Remember last night. Was in a tavern in Ivarstead. Didn't think to look in the smaller villages. So now got the Sanguine Rose, also the Oghma Infinium the other night. Just got 5 more Daedric artifacts to get. Now at 85 hours and level 36. Now have enough smithing for Daedric armour but need to go and mine a s**tload of Ebony.

Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon has some Ebony Ingots every 7 days I believe.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So, I was just thinking this may be the best video ever :

Legends :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not played this since december. I abused my eyes for well over a month and unfortunately my old PS3 died on me.

Any recommendations on restarting as a different character, I wasnt a Nord but the other warrior character, red blood or something.

ANnoyingly I noticed how bloody scatty the game was when I played it on my 46" TV. Is this normal?

It doesn't really matter. Your character ends up the same as everyone elses by the end anyway.... ;)

It's quite sad...I have found most Betheseda games start slowly...have 20-30 hours of epicness when you want to spend all hours of the day playing it, then all of a sudden fizzles out. Want to complete it but got so many pointless side missions to do first...I have walked every inch of the map so many times just feels like a job now! Also if I see one more bloody dragon...!!!

Snap. Same here. Bingo. Spot on. Etc....

If I get beyond 70-80 hours in a Bethesda game, it really is a personal achievement. You quickly realise that underneath the seeming epicness of the game, it's actually a thin veil of repetitive grind, with woefully few choices that are yours and yours alone. Nothing I managed by the end with my character was 'unique' to my experience. Tens of thousands of other players had the same kit, the same skills, the same homeboy in tow. Which is fine if that's what the game is supposed to be. But it clearly tries to make it an unrivalled RPG experience. Which in reality, is clearly isn't.

I have no doubts (though would LOVE to be proven wrong) that the next Bethesda title will be a rehash of the same formula. I'll love it for the first part and then quickly get very bored with it.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I just can't get excited by it. As Darren said, after a while it becomes a grind and really repetitive. I prefer the likes of Mass Effect which you can complete in 30-40 hours but a much more satisfying game. I need to complete Skyrim though after investing 120+ hours on it.