ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Re: Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition

360 ones ent available on HMV site anymore....Surely it'll come out at game at some point.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

You'll end up buying it after everyone won't stop going on about. Just dooo it

I'll be picking up the standard edition on PC. Cheaper and better. Unless you factor in the cost of the PC...

I'll be picking up the standard edition on PC. Cheaper and better. Unless you factor in the cost of the PC...

Cheaper yes, Better no bar the graphics. Given the core element of COD is multiplayer I find joining a server such a hassle on WAW, then they all have their own restrictions, no perks, no this no that, no nade launchers etc.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Agreed, FPS's are so much better on PC, so much easier to control, even to people who are pro's with an xbox controller, if they played someone using a keyboard and mouse they'd get p-p-pwnz0red imo.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

just be warned that tesco will charge your card now even though you won't get the game for another 3 months...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

just be warned that tesco will charge your card now even though you won't get the game for another 3 months...

Bugger :(! at least I'll get it for 36 :)

Revels Mum & Sister

I am hard at the thought of busting you open again Al xxx

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Agreed, FPS's are so much better on PC, so much easier to control, even to people who are pro's with an xbox controller, if they played someone using a keyboard and mouse they'd get p-p-pwnz0red imo.

I think once you're at "Pro" level on PC OR XBox, it's less about being able to aim (as that's a given) and more about strategy. Some of the videos I've watched from Halo3 tournaments you'd think were played with an aim bot let alone mouse and keyboard.

But on topic... OMGZ. I R MUST GET NVGs!!!

Cheaper yes, Better no bar the graphics. Given the core element of COD is multiplayer I find joining a server such a hassle on WAW, then they all have their own restrictions, no perks, no this no that, no nade launchers etc.

Same game. Higher resolution. More anti-aliasing. Higher framerates. Proper controls.

Better.

I guess if you're into the online play, and can't use a computer properly, then yes.

E36 328

Hang on, ive just realised the release date is 10.11.09 in hmv and tesco!

Why on the video does it say 11.10.09??

Thats not fair!!!!!

edit: Just realised its cos americans are retarded and do their dates the wrong fuckin way

gods sake, was looking forward to it in october!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I guess if you're into the online play, and can't use a computer properly, then yes.

Epic response, for any semi intelligent person joining a server on pc is very simple. The fact that there's lots of different server types makes it better not worse because you can find servers tailored to suit what you enjoy.

@above:

not sure if your being sarcastic or just blonde but video is American and they put the month then day not day then month like we do.

172//Crap Micra//Bus

Thats not fair!!!!!

edit: Just realised its cos americans are retarded and do their dates the wrong f**kin way

n00b fail!!

Astra CDTI SRI

Thats not fair!!!!!

edit: Just realised its cos americans are retarded and do their dates the wrong f**kin way

SW-You-Fail.jpg

Its far from straight forward with password protected servers, servers running mods, servers not allowing certain perks, bolt action only rifles, a whole myriad of options to fine tune the game to the likings of the server hoster. But it soon becomes a hash of cod5 and not the version that the devs wanted us to play. A quick join button on a normal server would be ideal!
Epic response, for any semi intelligent person joining a server on pc is very simple. The fact that there's lots of different server types makes it better not worse because you can find servers tailored to suit what you enjoy. @above: not sure if your being sarcastic or just blonde but video is American and they put the month then day not day then month like we do.

Revels Mum & Sister

The thing is Roy most of the time when you game you have NO work at all. Hence you get up slob about, plays games, rinse and repeat. You have no woman etc. So pissing about with COD on a PC is reet for you. This is side stepping the spec of PC needed to meet 360 standards and the cost.

Most people me included have jobs ALL the time, women, gym and therefore time is at a premium. I pick up controller, drop a few c-units on the sarx box and then I am done. Meets my needs perfectly.

The thing is Roy most of the time when you game you have NO work at all. Hence you get up slob about, plays games, rinse and repeat. You have no woman etc. So pissing about with COD on a PC is reet for you. This is side stepping the spec of PC needed to meet 360 standards and the cost.

Most people me included have jobs ALL the time, women, gym and therefore time is at a premium. I pick up controller, drop a few c-units on the sarx box and then I am done. Meets my needs perfectly.

Absolutely. It doesn't change the fact that overall, the PC version is likely to be technically superior, which was all I ever meant. As usual, the console gimps got all shirty :)

TBH if it were not for the fact that I play shooters full-r****d with rubber dildos, I'd consider buying it for my 360 but, since I already own an awesome PC, and I prefer the controls...

Horses for courses etc, as you rightly point out. Pics of you wearing your headset?

Incidentally I forgot to mention that I don't play shooters online. It's all about the campaign for me.

Last edited:
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Its far from straight forward with password protected servers, servers running mods, servers not allowing certain perks, bolt action only rifles, a whole myriad of options to fine tune the game to the likings of the server hoster. But it soon becomes a hash of cod5 and not the version that the devs wanted us to play. A quick join button on a normal server would be ideal!

A simple, 30 second visit to the filter options where you select "no mods" and "no passwords" would solve all the above, they won't even show up in the server list, ones such as ones with "bolt only rifles" etc are labelled in the server name as RO etc.

Its really very simple, you've made it sound like its rocket science and that they're all like that when in reality the majority of the servers are your normal average server.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Absolutely. It doesn't change the fact that overall, the PC version is likely to be technically superior, which was all I ever meant. As usual, the console gimps got all shirty :)

TBH if it were not for the fact that I play shooters full-r****d with rubber dildos, I'd consider buying it for my 360 but, since I already own an awesome PC, and I prefer the controls...

Horses for courses etc, as you rightly point out. Pics of you wearing your headset?

Incidentally I forgot to mention that I don't play shooters online. It's all about the campaign for me.[/quote

do you play any games online? Do you just prefer single player as u have no mates to play with? I loved the campaigns on cod, but multiplayer gives the game so much more longevity.

do you play any games online? Do you just prefer single player as u have no mates to play with? I loved the campaigns on cod, but multiplayer gives the game so much more longevity.

Yup. No mates.

Incidentally I forgot to mention that I don't play shooters online. It's all about the campaign for me.

Meh... console Gimps

PC nerds Or I understand 'Hermit' is the correct term ;)

Indeed. No mates. Never leave the house.

The PC version will still be better though. Therefore I'm right.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

you should try online with mates. even a hermit pc geek like you might enjoy it.

Thanks for the advice. I might just try it. I need to get more geeky, and playing shooters with other geeks, whilst wearing a headset and screaming like a child should be just the ticket.

EDIT: Will you be my friend, though?