ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Astra CDTI SRI
[youtube]FMSS12iY1X0[/youtube]

What's inside?

* Actual game (hardened edition)
* can be bought separately
* Exclusive artbook: Behind the Lines: Art of MW2
* Steel book
* Token for call of duty (pc) on PSN and XBLA
* Fully functioning Night Vision Goggles
* plus mannequin head as your NVG stand (or something)

Expensive? I think so!

a burnt one
Re: Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition

Worth every penny i bet, cant get enough of this franchise me, i love it i do, love it.

M135i

geeky, but way cool. I cant wait for this to come out. but i bet ill be starting my new job when its released so i wont have much time to play on it as i usually do now :(

Citroen DS3 DSport

Very geeky and no doubt very expensive. Wish he'd stop saying 'bad boy' all the time, gets a bit annoying.

a burnt one

My son has a pair of NVG's, bought them from toys 'R' us....A pair of yellow shades with 2 blue flip out L.E.D's either side of the lenses. FFS thats trade description man, we can't just go around calling torches Night Vision Goggles.

These look the real deal however and i hope it's also available for the PS3.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Really interested as to what they can bring to the table with MW2. If its still infantry-only, I think it won't stand the test of time as well as COD4 did. Most people (certainly myself included) want a bit more than the 'ol shoot-die-shoot-die routine, again and again.

For a start, it needs vehicles - and not just token units at that. And the perks system REALLY needs addressing. Fine for the gimps who put 26hours per day into it - but for casual gamers, it's just stupid.

D.

Tesla MP3 2021

Cool - but I think I will only buy the game lol

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

The scoring system needs sorted out. Pointless killing 24 people and dieing 25 times yourself in the process.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

Yeah scoring needs to be done like halo tbh.

One rank is for the amount of time you've played like it is now but one is your true skill, that goes up and down with your scores.

You come up against so many kids that have maxed out the prestige but are completely w**k.

They've said the multiplayer characters will be customisable which is sweet lots of new weapons, vehicals and a zombie type game.

MINT. Night vision goggles....MINT

E87 118d M Sport

i saw that earlier. only if the night vision goggles help me win the game will i buy that

- they dont.

Its Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

It did lose the prefix but has now regained it! :D

Monaco 172 2/468

This should be class... then I can snap the shatfest that is world at war :dead:

A SHED!

WOOOOO....dont care mr developer about art books etc...just want the game to be good....oh and work online!

Skoda Fabia vRS

how much do we think that will be then, id love those goggles lol

Integra Type-R DC2

Id buy it, but tbh, when are you ever going to use them? More to the point, do you really want a girl to come back to yours, only to see a set of NVG's?

Might aswell get 'geek' tattoo'd on your face.

M135i

I have an advantage there. I've got a girlfriend and she knows I'm a geek. Win win situation.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ^

And also I go airsofting every so often and we play night games..... Perfect opp tbh.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

Thats a good price. Got a link to any info on it mate.

Assume its going to be for ps3 and 360

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

If it is that price i'll certainly be getting one.

Says they'll give vision upto 50feet in complete darkness

not a lot more information mate

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Modern-Warfare-2-Prestige-Edition-Is-150-18664.html

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/13/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-includes-working-night-vision/

dont know how accurate the information is or howr reputable the websites are but they both say $150.

Pretty accurate... you can order via Amazon for $149.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HEWACS/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Probably won't get it in the UK or we will get stung a really high premium.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

Probably won't get it in the UK or we will get stung a really high premium.

Yeah I thought as much myself tbh... No doubt if it did come over to the UK, it would come in between £100 - £150 imho.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

I'd pay £100-£150 tbh.

NVG's go for £300 odd quid on ebay anyway

dk

911 GTS Cab

If it is that price i'll certainly be getting one.

Says they'll give vision upto 50feet in complete darkness
i didn't think NVG worked in total darkness, don't they use the little light there is to work?

I used some in florida at the disney game reserve hotel, they were pretty amazing, these no doubt will be pretty s**t though.

Oh and i'd up that price maybe, i've just read that they are putting the price of games up because of the poor £ and development costs going up and less people buying games, so the base game is going to be £54.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is the official RRP announced today)

WTF, so people aren't buying games, so they put the price up, how ridiculous, people don't buy them because they are too expensive so either go without or illegally download, so i can't see how upping the price will work, maybe on this title alone as it has such a good predecessor but apparently other key games are going up to this towards the end of the year!