ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh really? Didn't know that. :eek: I still think its spoilt the fun really, being able to just buy every unlock. Fair enough for those who have ranked up and just want to buy the tedious upgrades/weapons etc. But people totally new to the game buying every single unlock is just annoying lol.

Money > Everything for EA and Dice. Fair enough.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet titty buggering christ, I need that map nooooow.

Need to go shoot some bad people tonight, barely got any BF3 in this weekend.

Mito Sportiva 135
Is anyone getting the new Premium service? Doesn't seem to be anything dramatic included just new skins, extra medals, early maps etc...?

might buy it. not sure though, as much as i love bf3 i have barely played the karkand maps in favour of the originals

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
It includes all the future expansions doesn't it? Probably work out cheaper buying it like this than all of them individually.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It includes all the future expansions doesn't it? Probably work out cheaper buying it like this than all of them individually.

It definitely will. Especially if you use MS points as you can always get good deals on those via HotUKdeals etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I need to get back on this, last time I went on it there was a big update and by the time it had finished I was coming off :(.

Mito Sportiva 135
Aren't the future maps free anyway as long as you have the online pass thing? I think you just get them slightly earlier than non Premium members (by a week or something)...

AK

M240i
Nope.

The Karkand maps were free, that's it.

Apparently on PC the £50 premium can be had for £18 by playing about with Proxies and buying it USA or Indian currency.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Nope.

Apparently on PC the £50 premium can be had for £18 by playing about with Proxies and buying it USA or Indian currency.

It's £39.99, for a start but yeah you can fiddle with it. I'd rather not though. It's a pittance compared to the amount of hours I'm going to put into the game.

Premium = All future BF3 expansions, plus some extra s**t.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly, £40 for all the expansions/content covering is it 4 or 5 expansion packs? Worth it for the amount of time that'll likely be racked up over the months.

Mito Sportiva 135
Nope.

Fair enough, looks like they have another member then! :) I got sooo much play from BC2 and already from BF3 it seems fair enough. Much better VFM compared to COD anyway.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got a nice 45 kill streak in the LAV on seine crossing couple of days ago, thermal FTW.

Does anyone else's game freeze during multiplayer? Mine freezes once or twice everyday without fail.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's £39.99, for a start but yeah you can fiddle with it. I'd rather not though. It's a pittance compared to the amount of hours I'm going to put into the game.

Premium = All future BF3 expansions, plus some extra s**t.

Hang on. So this is a chargable 'expansion' for software that's not even been released yet? Not in favour of that at all, tbh. I'd rather wait for each one to be released and then pay for it when I see the reviews/comments about it.

Upfronting payment is just pure win for EA/DICE - and way too much of a "trust us guys - we know what we're doing" commitment. They dropped the ball slightly between how good a game BC2 was, compared to that of BF3. It's too much of a leap of faith for me to spend double the games' value on a game that I haven't really touched compared to the preceding game - and certainly no way as committed as I was to BF2142. Still the benchmark of the Battlefield series imo.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. Same thing they've done with MW3 & Forza etc.

No doubt the way the game industry is going.

Seems to be - the feckers. :(

Like the Porsche Pack on Forza - I bought that literally a day or two after release. But no way would I spend several thousand MS points on DLCs due in November, January, etc. I'll probably be bored of the bloody thing by then anyway....

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Games companies have been talking about this kind of thing for a while, buying a game in the future will just be a basic platform for you to augment with all manner of DLCs, private subscriptions and add-ons.

If all DLC etc was decent I wouldn't mind as much, just most the ones I've bought have been rubbish. I think Vietnam pack for BC2 was the only DLC I've ever bought and thought was worth the money.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. I bought Vietnam and never played more than 2 games on it. Ever.

I hated that at first but then loved it. Shooting at a Little Bird with a machine gun and having to resort to a pistol due to ammo restrictions and finally connecting with the pilot with my last bullet as he was trying to smash into my head on a grass bank. Then seeing the chopper come to its knees several inches infront of my feet was unbelievably satisfying.

Loved that game.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh the levels where you had to storm the hill (Burger Hill I guess?!) and also the one where the whole ground was scorched from napalm were awesome. The music made it though...should have had "Birds the Word" though too for the choppers :)

Mk2 ph1 clio
The AC130 screenshot nearly made me mess my pants, the fact that it has two seats makes it even more interesting! I've just got back home and I've bought BF premium and I'm currently 53% downloaded on the new patch so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this Spas 12!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I bit the bullet and bought premium today.

Only played 2 maps, Operation 925 & Donya fortress. The latter level isn't that great IMO (only played TDM on both)

Going to have some dinner then have a blast on the other levels, and the new game mode, 'Gun Master' where you start with one gun, kill twice with it and then the gun changes. Should be OK.

Didn't notice much with extras though, bit of cammo for the guns and a couple of new cammo's for the soldiers. More to unlock through assignments though, some look pretty easy, some not so much...

Mk2 ph1 clio
I've unlocked the spas 12, ACW-R, AUG A3 and the support version of the L85A .. The name escapes me!

Im not a fan of the new maps ... It just feels like COD in some respects! Roll on armoured kill!

Oh and I found the hidden trophy! "Grind the crack" ... Very easy... On ziba where A is on conquest domination, just outside of that flag is a swimming pool with a class rail around it... Jump over it and off the building and just die... Easiest trophy since Jaws on B2K!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've unlocked the SPAS 12 & AUG A3 from assignments today and the G18 & PDW-R from ranking up, only at 32.

Had a really good TDM on Ziba, lasted for a while though, 40 mins I think!

Really not keen on 'Scrap metal' map, maybe cos i dont know it but I just think its really dark, not very well laid out too.

Not got that far on Gun master yet either, had 3 games, 2 from the start where I only managed to get to level 7 before the game ended. All were on Donya Fortress.

I'll have another blast tomorrow I think. My hands are crippled now!