ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC High Resolution Screenshots

Evo 5 RS
3fx.png

eqiz.png

gtcw.png

cgrd.png

8lq4.png

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
More from Dirt 2. I've got Dirt 3 as well now, but haven't done any screenshots yet (pretty much the same anyway). Runs maxed out but I've turned AA off in these shots.

dirt2_game%202013-07-06%2015-25-34-55.png

dirt2_game%202013-07-06%2021-29-18-01.png

dirt2_game%202013-07-06%2021-30-25-10.png

Evo 8 MR
What size monitor do you use Scone?

Must admit some of these screenshots are making me miss PC gaming.

Evo 5 RS
Well I'm unable to use 8X without it running out.. lol..It's in the 5GB range with 4x. MSAA is a killer at 4K. With FXAA it caches up to 4GB. The hitching with ultra textures no longer present as it was on the Ti @ 1440p. Whether or not it should be an issue is anothre matter, however its definitely VRAM bound

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm unable to use 8X without it running out.. lol..It's in the 5GB range with 4x. MSAA is a killer at 4K. With FXAA it caches up to 4GB. The hitching with ultra textures no longer present as it was on the Ti @ 1440p. Whether or not it should be an issue is anothre matter, however its definitely VRAM bound
LOL! Yep, I guessed 8x might be pushing it a bit! Not to worry though; it won't be long before we're all running 16GB VRAM as standard. Loving your rig/setup mate :)

Evo 5 RS
Is there even any need for AA at that resolution?

In some cases, yes. Watch Dogs benefits from FXAA at least. Any more is probably not needed!

LOL! Yep, I guessed 8x might be pushing it a bit! Not to worry though; it won't be long before we're all running 16GB VRAM as standard. Loving your rig/setup mate :)

lol yeah 8X is craaazy. Although I managed to topple 5GB last night playing with Temp SMAA. Arguably caching as some Ti owners would be quick to tell you but it certainly runs better :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting... using AI upscaling on the nVidia RTX 2080 Ti to grab high-res screenshots...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Super-Resolution 2018.12.14 - 18.33.48.76.png

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Super-Resolution 2018.12.14 - 18.38.27.14.png

More research needed as the algorithm doesn't seem to handle the jaggies so well... That said, the game itself at native resolution looks absolutely fantastic on ultra settings.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've just started playing through... and I think it's great. The only downside is how crash-prone it seems to be. I've found certain areas on the map where I can get a repeatable crash, time-after-time. It's reporting a hung device driver and suggests my PC might not be able to cope with the settings I've enabled. Hmm... I would disagree! The hung device driver issues seems to be quite common.