ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/ Consoles] Crysis 2 Official Thread

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still enjoying it, although TBF I'm hardly that far into it, yet. Started off a bit meh, but the more I've played, the more I've got into it.

I've heard the guy saying tactical options available, but what does that mean? There is more than 1 way to progress?

What you playing it on Scutchhh?

When he says Tactical Options, press B on computer, use the binoculars to scout out enemies, ammo refills and different ways to deal with the challenge ahead!

Basically need to use "Visor" mode for Tactical optons. Not sure what button that is on PS3 or Xbox.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
360 mate. It's the Up button on the pad. Yeah I use that a bit.

Haven't quite unlocked any decent weapons yet, but I did pick up a scoped assault rifle which was neat. I've just done the bit where
you kill the alien and have to deliver the dna to the research guy. So I'm going through the sewers to infiltrate the enemy camp.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The game makers have said confirmation that a DX11 patch is being worked on is a load of BS.

Jap Shed
I was in no way saying it was bad!

Its a good game! Gameplay wise is feking awesome.

The AI is absolutely superb IMO. Probably should have said that in my other post as well.

Its a good game. I just get the feeling whilst playing it that is has been rushed a little. Not sure if you will feel the same way. But in Comparison to Crysis it feels rushed, but is better in so many other ways!

I tried my upmost to full explore what I could see. As a hint to everyone, when it says "Tactical Options Available", use them! I only started using them towards the end of the game, when I really should have done it from the off.

Definitely having another playthough. And graphically it ran smooth as silk on my GTX470!

Might start it now actually, what else is there to do on Sunday nights :dapprove:

compared to the latest COD? what do you think? worth bothering with? more into single player.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's way better than Black Ops on every front.

Just not as good as the hype from the WASD Squad led you to believe.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Meh, I'm way behind on this game. Currently just hijacked the vehicle on the highway trying to get past the barricades and deliver the DNA sample to the research scientist. Long way to go for me :dapprove:

Bus w**ker
Traded the shite that is HomeFront for this today and I love it. Single Player will get boring quick, I can see that already and I'm not far in, but multi player is f**king awesome. Dead hectic, fun and unlike the last two FPS games I've bought it actually works, which is nice.

Picked this up on the 360 today and had a quick blast on mp. Made a good change from mw2. Think I will get addicted a lot lol

Po-LOW
picked it up saturday and aint put the mp down since, its great

level 31 at the sec and my main plus point is how well spread out the perks and guns are - takes some time to unlock the good stuff but its worth it

Evo 5 RS
The whole tactical options available thing is piss funny. Giving you the options to basically to either cloak and not kill anyone or don't cloak and then kill everyone lol.

Ignorance is bliss maybe..if you've played the first one you'll instantly notice how massively boxed in this feels. What i'm getting at is it's s**t basically

Might give the mp a go.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Agreed, there was nothing like approaching the enemy and f**king them up the way you chose to in the first one. In this one they are just presented infront of you for you to kill.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Some of them are retarded, too.

Hello, I'm standing right next to you and I've just broken your friends neck.
O RLY?
Yes. He was about 2 feet away from you when it happened.
Is it my turn now?
Yes. Yes it is. I'll just be around the back [Hold RS for Stealth Kill]

Monaro VXR
It's a bit buggy from what I have noticed.

Doesn't like crossfire / sli at the moment either. Just results in some massive flickering. With allthe work arounds basically reducing performance so had to disable one of my GPU's when playing it.

Am enjoying the actual game though, although it seems easier than the first game. I remember the cloak not lasting anywhere near as long in the first game. And if you moved under cloak it was gone virtually straigt away. This game you can sit cloaked for ages.

Sounds like they completely ruined it. I'm not even excited about playing this anymore. Rubbish. Sold their souls to the console monkeys with their 1mb of RAM and 2003 graphics cards, so had to design the game in a corridor and make the visuals worse than the 4 year old prequel, instead of 4 years better.

PMSL at Crysis not working properly with multi-card systems. Super facepalm. I may not even buy it.

Bus w**ker
My favourite thing so far has been killing an alien and watching half it's body disappear through a solid brick wall...only to then find that I can't collect a sample from it because it's stuck in the wall and then having to go right back to the start of the f**king level and do it all over again. That and my constantly disappearing gun.

However, I'm still enjoying it and it still pisses all over Black Ops and Homefront. MP is great, this is all that matters.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My favourite thing so far has been killing an alien and watching half it's body disappear through a solid brick wall...only to then find that I can't collect a sample from it because it's stuck in the wall and then having to go right back to the start of the f**king level and do it all over again. That and my constantly disappearing gun.

However, I'm still enjoying it and it still pisses all over Black Ops and Homefront. MP is great, this is all that matters.

My alien didn't even appear first time around. The red marker was on my map but no enemy. As I didn't know what was going on, I spent literally 40 minutes wandering around looking for something that hadn't even appeared. Loaded the checkpoint again and he was right where he should have been. What a waste.

Monaro VXR
Sounds like they completely ruined it. I'm not even excited about playing this anymore. Rubbish. Sold their souls to the console monkeys with their 1mb of RAM and 2003 graphics cards, so had to design the game in a corridor and make the visuals worse than the 4 year old prequel, instead of 4 years better.

PMSL at Crysis not working properly with multi-card systems. Super facepalm. I may not even buy it.

Honestly mate, on the first game even with both GPU's I couldn't hit 60fps for longer than a few seconds.

In this one with them both working I reckonit would push past 100FPS easily. A single GPU I get zero slowdown lol. Thats at 1920x1200 and extreme settings.

Suffice to say it doesn't push hardware anywhere near as hard.

For sure. With my current system I can max Crysis at 1920x1200 with good AA&AF at around 40-50fps worst case, but often maintaining 60fps for long periods in certain areas, which is my ceiling anyway as I always use vsync. It seems bizarre to me that a game which is 4 years newer, will easily max 60 all the time on the same system. It's not due to 'optimisation'. It's due to the game not needing anywhere near the rendering power due to a combination of factors. The console monkeys bang on about PCs needing constant upgrading...well now it doesn't seem so in this case does it. I reckon I could downgrade my gfx card and still hit 60fps.

I like consoles but they're now really starting to have a serious detrimental impact on PC games. That said, I will of course buy it when I'm in a position to play it. Mind you, my 13" BMP can probably play it at 60fps so perhaps I should get it now lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Took this back yesterday. 300% underwhelming.

It just presents wave upon wave of mindless f*cks for you to slaughter using a variety, well, three methods...

A few of my mates had the original on PC and said it's nothing like the original. I never played it, so wouldn't know.

Shame really.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sorry yeah, part-exchanged onto my GAME card as points. I'll use it when L.A Noire comes out.

Didn't want to leave it for weeks before I traded it in, I still got £30 for it. I only paid £37. :cool:

Hmm, I called in at my local Game this morning to trade in a few games I can't be bothered with for this. Apparently, its not out till the end of the month on PS3; and they told me I'd be best pre-ordering it. But its out on the 360 at the minute.

eh? that's balls isn't it?

Ended up getting The Complete Edition of GTAIV, not touched it since my 360 days and I miss Gay Tony. And Yussuf.

Turbo LY R27
Massive hairy balls mate!! A friend of mine has it, saw his trophies pop up on Facebook the other day.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
It's pretty good on PC although its longevity proves how good the original actually is. The multiplayer's not bad but doesn't touch Killzone 3 with Move and Sharpshooter.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

I can't believe that you expected anything else TBH. It has to be playable on the consoles, else they would have cut out over two thirds of their market. They aren't going to make games that have uber graphics and are only playable by a few people with super-computers, over games that still have amazing graphics but can be played on all platforms.

LOL why do people keep on stating the obvious? I know full well why it is what it is. It does not make it any less disappointing. My s**t smells because it's made of s**t, but it's still s**t. Also, they could have made the effort and scaled the PC version up but couldn't be bothered or it wasn't financially viable. Disappointing regardless. DX9 FFS?

I should stress that I have yet to even play the game pmsl :eek:

They aren't going to make games that have uber graphics and are only playable by a few people with super-computers...

This, BTW, is exactly what they DID do with Crysis, which is why a lot of hardcore PC gamers are less than impressed. It's not hard to understand is it?