ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OS X El Capitan

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Looking forward to trying Apple Pay out :) some of the new features for iOS 9 do look pretty slick I must admit. Although, News =/= Flipboard, the multitasking =/= Windows 8, new Siri stuff =/= Goggle Now.

Hopefully it'll now stop being s**t. Yosemite has been a massive networking cluster f**k for me.

Apple's software QC has been unbelievable in recent years. Tons of stuff in 10.10.3 that still doesn't work properly and most likely never will.

Laughable!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully it'll now stop being s**t. Yosemite has been a massive networking cluster f**k for me.

Apple's software QC has been unbelievable in recent years. Tons of stuff in 10.10.3 that still doesn't work properly and most likely never will.

Laughable!
100% agree, and it took them so f**king long to start addressing s**t too, I'm still forced to use a forced 5GHz Wifi connection because of drop-outs on 2.4 that have never been sorted.

Gotta say though, the headline additions are really gimmicky - so lets hope they put more effort into the stuff that matters this time round.

Ibiza FR
Most reviews I have read so far praise the performance and stability improvements over Yosemite, even in the first beta. Sounds promising.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
For the first time ever, The Verge (usually heavily criticised for being so Apple biased) have rated the latest version of Windows above the latest version of OS X :astonished:

Cayman S Edition 1
I must be missing something, because now when I close and reopen the lid, it doesn't lock the screen.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'll never move to another Apple OS upgrade near release date ever again, made that mistake with Mavericks and spent ages putting up with WiFi issues that they took an eternity to fix; in fact, they never really fixed them - I fixed it but I have to force my MBP to use 5GHz WiFi.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Installed mine.

Computer randomly turned itself off during installation. Like completely off...

Then was playing about starting again. seems okay now though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mine randomly turned off just after it was installed, screen went black and eventually came back with login screen. Been fine since.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I like the way you can move your favourite tabs to the left in safari as icons.

Had to enable my widgets page again too as it randomly disables it after the upgrade.

New notes are cool too

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Any known bugs still about with El Capitan? Thinking about upgrading now, I want AirPlay to work properly, anyone know if they addressed AirPlay issues?