ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops I did it again... Adey's Clio 200 EDC

2014 Clio 200t edc
When I had mine I also bought a module from turkey off AliExpress, which you fit into the mirror wiring, so when you lock and unlock the car the mirrors fold like they do on later cars.

2014 Clio 200t edc

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So I was meant to be out with everyone at Oulton today but bailed due to the weather. So in between the rain and wind I've been tinkering. Surprising what you hoard in the shed over the years.

ITG induction kit.... nah.... how about PMT induction kit 😁 I almost have the right filter to turbo pipe too but it's lacking the n75 valve takeoff. Forge Motorsport sell one and are local to me so I will go grab one to replace the corrugated pipe. Sounds a little meaner on boost with a little love puff when you release the throttle 😆

20230708_152127.jpg
20230708_152404.jpg
20230708_152136.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
I fitted a 220 intake (which is basically what the above kit mimics) and it did ‘feel’ different, but I didn’t get it dyno’d or mapped to tell. It was a genuine 220 intake and pipe, which I think someone on the bookface page can supply, or Renault themselves.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Will i find him on FB?
On the Mk4 200-220 page, should be on a exchange basis or outright. As we know he's a more than worthy option if not the only option for hybrid turbos, and more than competitive on price. He pretty much used my car as a test mule for multiple product setups.

Should have just bought mine 😁

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
On the Mk4 200-220 page, should be on a exchange basis or outright. As we know he's a more than worthy option if not the only option for hybrid turbos, and more than competitive on price. He pretty much used my car as a test mule for multiple product setups.

Should have just bought mine 😁

cheers me dears, will take a look.

selling up! noooo

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
The car drives lovely on the cooksports, tbh you wouldn't even know even know its on aftermarket springs.

I did have my first issue though, driving home yesterday and joined the motorway, didn't feel as peppy or quick as normal. Plugged in the obd to see base boost pressure been given, so about 8 psi. Not sure if the car was too cold or anything, it cleared itself and went fine a few min up the road but its not done it before. I've done a search but not much comes up for these cars at all. It could be a dying boost control solenoid, no faults logged by the ecu though. Ill try and get some decent logging software to see what the pressure request is if it does it again. This morning it was totally fine and going over 8psi at light throttle when cold which makes me think its a faulty part either not working or feeding incorrect info to the ecu 🤷‍♂️

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Cooksports on trophy dampers made mine perfect for daily use.

The issue with these cars is when you encounter an issue you find half the time you're the first and therefore on your own!!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
It did it again after work today, totally fine this morning though..... have given the valve a clean out but will get a spare on order, I did have one fail on the old twingo F4RT so could be a common issue as that gave inconsistent boost levels as it died.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So it hasn't done it again since cleaning the valve out but I do have a spare on order. @Big Steve - Raider did me a solid and sold me back an RS Tuner so I can do some logging. I've also placed an order from Opie oils using the turborenault discount code. Fresh filter, oil and even though I've read the gearbox is "sealed for life" I've ordered some box oil too. Still got a wheel bearing noise to sort but all going well so far.

Onto that, the car itself is pretty well rounded, like 2 cars in 1 really. Normal daily duties it just potters along doing its thing but when you load it up and flip it to RS mode it's an awesome drive with pretty dam good levels of grip and stability through the twisties. Feels super planted and compliant when pressing on, maybe I'm not driving it hard enough yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So it hasn't done it again since cleaning the valve out but I do have a spare on order. @Big Steve - Raider did me a solid and sold me back an RS Tuner so I can do some logging. I've also placed an order from Opie oils using the turborenault discount code. Fresh filter, oil and even though I've read the gearbox is "sealed for life" I've ordered some box oil too. Still got a wheel bearing noise to sort but all going well so far.

Onto that, the car itself is pretty well rounded, like 2 cars in 1 really. Normal daily duties it just potters along doing its thing but when you load it up and flip it to RS mode it's an awesome drive with pretty dam good levels of grip and stability through the twisties. Feels super planted and compliant when pressing on, maybe I'm not driving it hard enough yet 🤷🏻‍♂️
Got a pic of where the valve is? Might give mine a clean as a bit of preventive maintenance while I'm in there fitting my new wiper linkage

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's the most grippy of all the cars I've had, you can really throw it,

It feels like a more mature Williams to me, it's the one I come back to out of all my renault sports when people ask

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Onto that, the car itself is pretty well rounded, like 2 cars in 1 really. Normal daily duties it just potters along doing its thing but when you load it up and flip it to RS mode it's an awesome drive with pretty dam good levels of grip and stability through the twisties apart from the s**t brakes. Feels super planted and compliant when pressing on, maybe I'm not driving it hard enough yet 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sounds great apart from the s**t brakes....

Your boost issue has reminded me I should really check my car out, it's been broken for a month and I've not even looked at it 😂

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cooksports on trophy dampers made mine perfect for daily use.

The issue with these cars is when you encounter an issue you find half the time you're the first and therefore on your own!!

Is it the springs then on the trophy that make them a bit crashy?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Is it the springs then on the trophy that make them a bit crashy?

I tried trophy springs on standard cup dampers and it was horrifically bad, then with trophy dampers which improved but not as much as I was hoping, then cooksports on the trophy dampers which was sooooo much better.

The best setup is the standard cup chassis easily, the issue is it sits so high, the cooksports on trophy dampers makes it feel 90% of that but at a much better height.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds great apart from the s**t brakes....

Your boost issue has reminded me I should really check my car out, it's been broken for a month and I've not even looked at it 😂
I found the brakes on mine were better than the 197/200 Brembos on the car it replaced, not sure on the size difference between them but they looked huge!
IMG_20180828_181959~2.jpg