ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Not a Clio
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

What's the deal with iphone 3G insurance? I've just noticed that when I upgraded my phone that my insurance wasn't upgraded with it as it should have been. Just phoned 02 and they're changing it for me and it'll be £10 a month (I was paying £5) but I've just been reading that some people are paying £7.50 a month iphone insurance with 02. Has it gone up or what?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I always found more problems than I was happy with when I jailbroke my iPhone so I prefer to keep it standard.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I only pay £7.50. If you are on iPhone payg then it's £10 per month or if you opt for premier insurance on the iPhone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/insurance

EDIT:

Looks like they have increased the cost as I'm on o2 premier insurance but only paying £7.50 per month.

Last edited:

I always found more problems than I was happy with when I jailbroke my iPhone so I prefer to keep it standard.

I broke my 1st one somehow. But Apple replaced it FOC so its all good in the hood.

Not a Clio

I only pay £7.50. If you are on iPhone payg then it's £10 per month or if you opt for premier insurance on the iPhone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/insurance

I'm on Monthly. That page you linked to does say it's £10. PAYG customers have to pay it in advance (£120). I guess they put the price up since you signed up.

According to this: http://www.o2.co.uk/insurance £7.50 covers you up to £300 and £10 covers £300+ How much is a new iphone 3G?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yeah I'd edited my reply already, looks like they have definitely changed it as they are valuing the handset at the PAYG price. £7.50 per month was steep, £10 is a rip off.

Not a Clio

Maybe you should query your insurance. Looking around online you can't buy a new iphone 3G for under £300 so according to their insurance page you wouldn't be covered if you had to claim.

Citroen DS3 DSport

No it's ok, if you already had the iPhone cover in place before the recent increase it will remain at £7.50.

Not a Clio

Do you know when the price changed? I got my iphone at the start of January but they didn't upgrade the insurance like they said they would at the time.

didn't want to start a new iphone thread...

Ever since me and my g/f have had our iPhones last November, we have never ever had a clear phone call on them? There seems to be a bit of interfearance (sp) and sounds muffled!? It's very annoying as we can't just have a normal conversation without going "what? Say again" after every sentence! Signal bars are strong, we were both with Orange before and phone calls were clear... Is it O2 or the phone?

I love the iPhone (apart from not being able to forward texts) but as a "phone" it's sh1t!!! Anyone else have this problem?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've not had either of those problems with both my iPhone 2G or 3G.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Got my missus an i-phone.. came yesterday!

This thread has confused the life outta me tbh!

lol

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

Two quick questions:

Which case?
Which car charger/holder/connector - with dual usability as an incar phone and GPS system?

Any recommendations out there?

It doesnt work as GPS. Its not quick enough and if someone called you, you'd lose the GPS program.

I dont bother with a case so no idea on that one.

Not a Clio

didn't want to start a new iphone thread...

Ever since me and my g/f have had our iPhones last November, we have never ever had a clear phone call on them? There seems to be a bit of interfearance (sp) and sounds muffled!? It's very annoying as we can't just have a normal conversation without going "what? Say again" after every sentence! Signal bars are strong, we were both with Orange before and phone calls were clear... Is it O2 or the phone?

I love the iPhone (apart from not being able to forward texts) but as a "phone" it's sh1t!!! Anyone else have this problem?

Clear as a bell for me. Maybe a problem in your area? Not sure how these things work.

Clear as a bell for me. Maybe a problem in your area? Not sure how these things work.

In live in the West Midlands, still the same where ever I go? Its really frustracting!?

Anyone else have any problems? Is your iphone as clear as any other phone you've had before?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yes it's very clear on all calls.

Might have to pay a visit to O2 then...... :(

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

It doesnt work as GPS. Its not quick enough and if someone called you, you'd lose the GPS program.

I dont bother with a case so no idea on that one.

Just using the google maps function is enough - i meant using the GPS ability not sat nav. But cheers anyway, it does confirm something I thought - that it is runs one package/app at a time not concurrently.

Lee

BMW M2C

Two quick questions:

Which case?
Which car charger/holder/connector - with dual usability as an incar phone and GPS system?

Any recommendations out there?

I went for an airjacket. You can barely tell it's got a case on. The back stops it getting scratched, and the protective film is perfect, you can't even tell it's there! I did have them fit that in the Apple store though, so it's on perfectly.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS502LL/A

I'm sure it's not the most protective case ever, but I just wanted something to stop me scratching the back of the phone, as I leave the phone sat on my desk most the time. Some people have complained that the case scratches! f**king t***s, I'd rather the £25 case, than the phone!

Citroen DS3 DSport

Google maps works great as a sat nav solution, I've used it several times in the car without any trouble. The gps runs perfectly and is able to keep pace with the car, the only issue you'd have is when in a area with no data connection.

1.8 Civic EX

maybe a silly question but do all the Iphone tarriffs come with free o2 to o2 calls?

Lee

BMW M2C

maybe a silly question but do all the Iphone tarriffs come with free o2 to o2 calls?

I can't see that anywhere on the standard tariffs.

Business users get:

Key features
  • Free calls to O2 Mobiles and 10 UK landline numbers
  • Unlimited email and Internet access
  • A flat rate from UK to Europe of just 8p per minute
Promotion
  • Now get unlimited texts for the life of your contract only when you buy online

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I went for an airjacket. You can barely tell it's got a case on. The back stops it getting scratched, and the protective film is perfect, you can't even tell it's there! I did have them fit that in the Apple store though, so it's on perfectly.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS502LL/A

I'm sure it's not the most protective case ever, but I just wanted something to stop me scratching the back of the phone, as I leave the phone sat on my desk most the time. Some people have complained that the case scratches! f**king tw*ts, I'd rather the £25 case, than the phone!

Did you get it in black or clear lee?

I dont have anything on mine but I think the Mk1 metal back is a bit more resistant to scratches..

I might get one when I get the new one.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I bought one of those for the original iPhone 2G but never actually got around to using it. I decided that spraying my iPhone with water was not for me :D

I'd suite like to buy a less bulky case for my iPhone 3G rather than the one I currently have.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/T...de=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjIzMTc1OQ&p=2&s=topSellers

Lee

BMW M2C

I bought one of those for the original iPhone 2G but never actually got around to using it. I decided that spraying my iPhone with water was not for me :D

I'd suite like to buy a less bulky case for my iPhone 3G rather than the one I currently have.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/T...de=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjIzMTc1OQ&p=2&s=topSellers

The one I've got would be ideal for you then mate. It's not going to protect it if you drop it, but it stops it getting scratched in your pocket etc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Incase sliders = win

BMW 330D

Got my 2nd iphone today.
My 1st arrived yesterday, imported all my contacts fine on the 1st.
Came to do it on the 2nd and the option isnt on this one!.
Completely different menu layout!
Any ideas as to what ive got to do to change it.
Dont really fancy writing down all my contacts and typing them in!

1.8 Civic EX

another random question...

I've heard that if your sim card doesn't have something like "3gp" at the end of the code on it, it won't work with 3g on the iphone...can you guys check your sim cards and let me know? as i've just spoken to O2 and they said any card will work aslong as it's an O2 (obviously he wasn't going to mentiong getting it unlocked lol)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

had to change the missus sim card to a 3G 1.. cant move the contacts from her old sim to the i-phone.. any idea?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

foned o2 matey..

1.8 Civic EX

cool, cos my current tarrif is just £20 a month with a free web bolt on, so i'm thinking just get a PAYG iPhone and sticky my sim in it...

Citroen DS3 DSport

Incase sliders = win

My only concern is how easy it is to remove the iPhone completely from this case whenever I am in the car as otherwise it will not fit in the holder.

Lee

BMW M2C

Got my 2nd iphone today.
My 1st arrived yesterday, imported all my contacts fine on the 1st.
Came to do it on the 2nd and the option isnt on this one!.
Completely different menu layout!
Any ideas as to what ive got to do to change it.
Dont really fancy writing down all my contacts and typing them in!

If you still have your old phone, and can either use it over wifi or as normal then I'd do it this way, it's f**king quality too.

http://www.google.com/mobile/default/sync.html

I used that to sync my entire contacts list from my old N82 with gmail, then back to my iPhone. I did have to edit some of the number details though, as the phone doesn't show "Others", but that was easy to do on a PC.

Another ace app from Google. :approve: