ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wifi Extender Needed

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Surely upgrade to Windows 10?
no.... this is the cnc laptop. has all my old programs on it to run the various machines.

i suppose i could plug the old extender into the new mesh 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Damn that's annoying. Could you bring your machines into the house?
what do you mean?

it stays in the workshop, its the laptop i use for everything workshop related. so plugging the old extender in isnt the end of the world.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I'm misunderstanding now, why can't you upgrade it to windows 10.are you suggesting the programs won't work and aren't backwards compatible kinda thing?
possibly yes.

one of them is old and not even made/sold anymore, i dont know but would be surprised if it worked on W10

i suspect mach3 would work on W10

997.1, Caddy, e208
Install win10 in a virtual machine and test your software before committing to an upgrade

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
how would i describe my new mesh setup? s**t, f**king s**t!

nothing in the workshop is working properly! my work laptop isnt connecting properly and i cant open emails or files, my phone is slow and intermittent. the cnc laptop which is connected to the previous extender which is hard wired to the mesh is slow and intermittent.

i feel the best option is to back back to the previous setup of using the BT smart hub2 with extender attached. i didnt have any problems there

so im sat just a metre away and the app is saying weak signal.
it also seems to be suggesting i have 3 things wired to it, which is incorrect.

what can i do to resolve this poor internet connection issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103-120245.png
    Screenshot_20240103-120245.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 20

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
how would i describe my new mesh setup? s**t, f**king s**t!

nothing in the workshop is working properly! my work laptop isnt connecting properly and i cant open emails or files, my phone is slow and intermittent. the cnc laptop which is connected to the previous extender which is hard wired to the mesh is slow and intermittent.

i feel the best option is to back back to the previous setup of using the BT smart hub2 with extender attached. i didnt have any problems there

so im sat just a metre away and the app is saying weak signal.
it also seems to be suggesting i have 3 things wired to it, which is incorrect.

what can i do to resolve this poor internet connection issue?
What mesh set-up did you get ?

I'm currently looking at new internet suppliers and something like this instead of the plug in extenders we currently have.

Deal: Mercusys AX1800 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System, Coverage up to 6,000 ft² (550 m²), Connect up to 150 Devices, 1024-QAM, Full Gigabit Ports, Dual Band Wi-Fi, Easy App Control, Halo H70X (3-pack) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B6897DCW/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Or this.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Can you draw a diagram roughly of the setup, so can help better. Do you have powerline adapters?

Also wifi6 isnt supported on Windows7.
fibre comes into the house and connects to the little white BT modem, this is then hard wired into new TP-link deco. there is then a cable from the deco into my workshop where is connects to the second deco.

i had to go into the deco in my workshop and enable ivp6 or something like that to get some kind of reliable internet. its still not 100% perfect

it wasnt working on my work laptop, which is W10 or my phone.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
What mesh set-up did you get ?

I'm currently looking at new internet suppliers and something like this instead of the plug in extenders we currently have.

Deal: Mercusys AX1800 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System, Coverage up to 6,000 ft² (550 m²), Connect up to 150 Devices, 1024-QAM, Full Gigabit Ports, Dual Band Wi-Fi, Easy App Control, Halo H70X (3-pack) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B6897DCW/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Or this.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
fibre comes into the house and connects to the little white BT modem, this is then hard wired into new TP-link deco. there is then a cable from the deco into my workshop where is connects to the second deco.

i had to go into the deco in my workshop and enable ivp6 or something like that to get some kind of reliable internet. its still not 100% perfect

it wasnt working on my work laptop, which is W10 or my phone.
Disable 5GHZ and only use 2.4ghz. See if that helps, depends on ages of each device to be fair.

Sounds like you are backhauling on the decos, ideal too. Make sure they register each other as "wired" and also turn off the router side of the deco, use them as mesh access points only.