ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

^^many thanks

Mondeo STTDCI

Someone help me please im doing my head in.

Itunes wont install. Ive done EVERYTHING on the site suggests. Cleared Temp folder, gone through startup using MSconfig, uninstalled everything Apple. f**k sake.

Just says errors encountered and gives up on the install.

Please help.

Nippy white cup

Not sure if this has been covered (done a search but came up blank)

I have recently got my netgear router back on and have got my iphone set up for the wireless. The symbol appears at the top no problems and safari etc works fine but youtube will not run either through safari or on the Youtube app. It won't even find anything when you search for a vid but on the web site it can find vids but again won't play them...

Any ideas?

Chris

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've noticed that YouTube is a waste of time if I connect via my home wifi, I need to disable it and use 3G instead. It's done this since the last couple of firmware updates.

Nippy white cup

On my last router it was fine...main problem is I don't have 3G in my area :(

Chris

Nippy white cup

Cheers m8...my laptop is of getting repaired so maybe I need the latest updated software...

Chris

Mondeo STTDCI

Is there a good app so I can save texts and photos in different folders?

Camrollswapper. ;)

Guys.. anyone know where or how i get NES games on the emulator?
got the NEW prog downloaded from Cydia... I dont have any software to explore my iphone from my mac either by the way if thats how its done :)

Thanks in advance guys

BMW F31
New iphone....??

ok so i'm due an upgrade in 3 months, currently on O2 so was gonna get the iphone but, when do we think apple will release a new iphone? 3rd or 4th quarter of 09? or later?

the reason being i dont want to get an iphone in 3 months then find they bring out a new one and i'm stuck with the previous gen for 18 months!

cheers guys :cool:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Re: New iphone....??

We have no idea.

Although my friend is currently out in China and the last time he was in china for an extended period of time the 3g was announced a week or so after his return.

It's all finger in the wind stuff though.

June/July.

Probably. Maybe.

Anyone who does know sure as well wont be telling the public :(

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Although the good news would seem to be that they've dropped the push notification service, I never quite saw how the mobile networks would be happy with every Tom, Dick and Harry writing applications that push status updates to peoples phones.

Given that it's well beyond its original release date and that it was removed from the SDK it would probably be safe to assume that background apps will be coming (ala macrumors current story where you can permit applications to run in the background).

After all, you cannot have sat nav software without background app capabilities, taking a phone call and missing junctions FTL.

BMW F31

hmm Revels, is there any news out there to suggest june or july? i have trawled google but to no avail, just wondering if there is another source i dont know about?

might hang fire on upgrading and see what happens?

iPhone 2G was summer 07.
iPhone 3G was summer 08.

There will be something this year id imagine. o2 let customers with a 2G upgrade to a 3G last time, so id imagine they'll do the same again.

Its all speculation really. Nobody that will say anything knows.

http://forums.macrumors.com/

Have a look on there. Although ive realised that Apple geeks just love to speculate. 99% of the time they have no idea whatsoever what is coming out or whats changing. They just love to play the guessing game..

iPhone Tasks

Been trying to find a decent task list for the iphone for ages, refused to pay money for one as it should be included with the phone imo. So been using "To Do's" however its crap.

Then found google tasks linked in with gmail under google labs which seem to work properly and now you can access them from the iphone and other mobile browsers.

point safari over to here: http://gmail.com/tasks

add a link to the springboard and happy days :)

hmm, hardly a question more just a bit of information but oh well

Citroen DS3 DSport

With any luck they'll release a updated iPhone in the summer but I do not expect o2 to offer existing 3G customers a early upgrade like they did last year as this time we got a subsidised handset.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Browse this link on your iPhone/Touch to demonstrate CSS animation which Apple have implemented into the mobile Safari browser and will soon add to the desktop edition. I think it's meant to be an alternative to flash.

http://webkit.org/blog-files/leaves/index.html

330Ci (Fail)Sport

Mac Rumours seem to suggest that the latest firmware update has evidence of next generation of iphone.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/01/28/next-generation-iphone-model-revealed-in-firmware/

Think I read somewhere that the new firmware supported a change to usb or something which was a major change to the regular firmware, can't really remember, will try to find it though.

I'd say Apple would be thinking of a June realise just to get something new and better to boost sales more IMO.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Gave my mum my old iphone 2g and she was complaining earlier that she couldnt hear here phone.
Anyway i have figured out that the silent/ring switch has packed in.

Has anyone one got any fixes for this or is there anyway it can be done under warrenty?

It is unlocked and running on orange

cheers

gav

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

mine has too... unlocked an on orange aswell...think you have to send it away if you want it repaired :/

Citroen DS3 DSport

Gave my mum my old iphone 2g and she was complaining earlier that she couldnt hear here phone.
Anyway i have figured out that the silent/ring switch has packed in.

Has anyone one got any fixes for this or is there anyway it can be done under warrenty?

It is unlocked and running on orange

cheers

gav

Read from post 14 onwards in this thread and check if this is your issue or not:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=385690&highlight=iphone+volume

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

No its not the fault with the internal headphone switch, its definatly the external silence/ring switch.

When you flick it you normally get the bell symbol on the screen with either the line across for silent or without for ring.
Ours no longer does this and the switch feels very loose/dodgy

gav

Mk2 Clio dci

How did you get them unlocked to orange? can i just goto a phone unlocking shop, or can i do it myself. I've had a look about hacking it with winpwn etc, but cant see anywhere about unlocking.
Does the phone all still work properly, like maps, safari, itunes etc etc?

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

Ive downloaded the MMS app. But when i tried buying credits it said i am not a registered MMS user :S How do i register?

Also anyone know when they are going to add SMS forwarding?

Cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

How did you get them unlocked to orange? can i just goto a phone unlocking shop, or can i do it myself. I've had a look about hacking it with winpwn etc, but cant see anywhere about unlocking.
Does the phone all still work properly, like maps, safari, itunes etc etc?

Depends on the version 2 or 3 g?

1 Series Coupe

Tried to get my Microsoft Exchange server sorted on mine and couldn't get it to work. 'Failed to verify exchange login' or something like that.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yeah I've tried it and it will not verify the account.

It also appears that this does not currently support push email via gmail.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yet, works perfectly for contacts.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Hopefully they'll add push email support soon.

Clio 182

Well i managed to unlock and jailbreak my 3g, luckily the bassband was the .28 one which meant i could unlock it using yellowsn0w...... releived to saw the least as i thought i knacked it at one point

Citroen DS3 DSport

I used Google Sync for my contacts and what a mess it's made of most of them :D The majority were fixed by assigning a phone number category to other than 'other'. Some numbers have also just vanished from my contacts on the iPhone and on Google despite them having synced correctly last night.

ST

iPhone,

Heavy usage, as in 2-3 hours of calls, up to 200 texts, 50 - 100 emails a day..

What's the battery life like?

I'm coming to the end of my contract with Orange, can get any phone i want for free due to my bills averaging out at around £70 a month, i've also got a Blackberry pearl at the moment, and tbh i'm not overly impressed with it, t-mobile had it the full month of January 'fixing' it..i've only just got it back, so after them having it for a month i've been offered a discount of £15 off my contract until July this year, then it goes back up to £40 but no replacement handset so i was considering just paying off t-mobile, finishishing with Orange and starting a new contract on 02 with a white iPhone which would then integrate 3 devices into one which to me seems a good idea.
It would work out at £52 a month with 1200 mins, ulimited texts and unlimited browsing.

Any thoughts and opinions would be great.

Cheers,

Alan.

Last edited:

Seems like a good idea. The pearls s**t. The curve isnt much better. The storm is okay but nay special. Does the iphone do what you want? Is 1200 mins nuff?

ST

1200 mins should cover it tho if i keeo my berry mins won't be a prob because i can go between the two..onto my next prob..i've got a 3rd gen 32gb iPod touch i only got for my birthday back in nov last year..