ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One of the clios has to go,What car next

The wife is having a baby so we have got to get a car with 4 doors,
We will be selling the 172 exclusive to buy a new car we should have about £9000 to play with.

What are you recomendations?

Criteria - 4 Doors, practical & very fast.

The wife gets free petrol so engine size is unimportant we are both over 25 so insurance is not a problem. Im thinking Skooby or Accord Type-R anything else with this pedigree for 9K?

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 26 November 2004

not keen on the 225 arse and the mondeo well its a bit mundano

good choices though fit the criteria keep em coming!
lol... nearly said if you can live with the image.... A guy at work has one though.... changed my mind about Mondeos for good. Cracking cars really. Diesel are good also - had a 130 bhp one as a hire car.. pretty nippy.

been told toget a uk spec sti 5 i think was the model from a guy who owns one of the quickest scoobies in england , its a 22B if anyones wondering.

i had a friendly play with one on my local bypass in the valver and although it did pull slightly i kept with it i got the impression the 172 would make a leon its b**ch from this experience. I was hoping for a step up not a side step. I need convinsing that they are proportionatly quicker for it to be worth the swap. Was this one just a slow one or was the driver not confident.? are they really much quicker than a mk1 172?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Cupra R will be quicker than a 172 maybe not 0-60 but above that it will have the legs...of course it would be no contest if you chipped the Seat!:cool:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

BMW 330/540 etc, Impreza would be a sensible choice though...all the cars i keep thinking of have 2 doors...:sick:

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 26 November 2004

Yeah i like the idea of the octavia vrs, the name doesnt put me off does the leon have 4 doors in the cupra-r
The Octavia alos comes in family orientated estate versions as well which are supposed to make more power with a remap due to a freer flowing exhuast.

Lee

BMW M2C

Impreza has bugger all room in the back.

Octavia isnt a bad choice, and neither is the Mondeo ST200. Its quick and fun to drive.

id say scooby,
a mondeo st200 isnt all that, to be honest,they look ok for a barge,but i reckon they could be quicker.

Sell the valver to me in the summer, sorted :D

If you can get a 5-door megane 225 would be good, not only will it be fast but since your having a child its much safer than most cars, 5*?!

BMW 320d Sport

4 doors, practical and very fast? You want a fast estate. Volvo T5 or whatever they are called nowadays...Mitsubishi Galant VR-4...Audi S4 Avant...All of them discreet, practical and quick compared to hot hatches.

May i remind people aswell im looking for something in the 9k price range

megane 255 for example good choice but well over my budget

i think realistically a uk spec scooby is the only option, or a honda accord unless anyone has any other ideas?

Quote: Originally posted by BluePete on 27 November 2004

Sell the valver to me in the summer, sorted :D

If you can get a 5-door megane 225 would be good, not only will it be fast but since your having a child its much safer than most cars, 5*?!
I cant sell the valver, thats like chopping your leg off i just wouldnt be able to cope. I might sell it you if i can find a williams though :D im on the third valver now you know this one is mint aswell ;)

Why do people think that people with a "Family" have to have 4 door cars????

I have two kids (now 14 and 11) and have never had a 4 door, and will never have one either, hate the lines......(even scoobies) wouldnt mind a 2 door scooby if I had to have one though...lol

Simon.

At that price I would go Octavia VRS or Accord Type-R (my previous car!).

Accord Type-R (ATR) handles like a dream with a good LSD, and is ultra-reliable/does good mpg when you take it steady. It will keep up with a UK Scooby if you really try! (and its a darn sight cheaper to insure/run, although it does like SUL).

Depends how you like you motors really - turbo or na - if its the latter then the ATR is the only 4 dr choice...

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 27 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 27 November 2004

Why do people think that people with a "Family" have to have 4 door cars????
because it makes life far far easier :confused:

Slightly easier at best....but look worse....imho of course.

Just makes me laugh the way people say "baby on way so we HAVE to get a 4 door car".... As if its law...;):D

Simon.

Most people want to do the best by there kids, and not put themselves before their needs. That said i dont think we should have to sacrifice a nice motor for a slow tank. 4 doors is the only option really im quite slim and struggle to get in the back seats of the clio. I dont want my wife to struggle with a baby and all the parifanalia that goes with it so im doing the responsible thing for once in my life and ditching the hot hatch for a 4 door supercrusier.

I of course get to keep my hot hatch;)