ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One corner sitting lower than the rest

BG Clio 182 FF
As title says but ...... The car has been lowered 40mm but the rear passenger corner is much lower than the other 3! Just wanted to know if I should be concerned? Thoughts much appreciated

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
100% on the flat ? Tyres the same size ? Tyre got air in it ?

Shocks standard parts....? They have a tendancy to leak/blow... Does it feel OK to drive ?

BG Clio 182 FF
100% on the flat ? Tyres the same size ? Tyre got air in it ?

Shocks standard parts....? They have a tendancy to leak/blow... Does it feel OK to drive ?

100% on the flat, tyres all the same with air in them.
couldnt tell you about the shocks, not very car savvy

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Does it corner the same, left and right ? Does it wander or feel skittish at all ?

Stick your head under the car (jack the rear up if necessary (FTLOG don't use the Renault 'widowmaker' jack !!!! ) ) and look at the shocks. If there's any residue on there, they might well be leaking.

Always the classic 'bounce' test where you see what sort of compression etc you get, but if you're that clueless it won't tell you much at the moment :eek:

BG Clio 182 FF
Does it corner the same, left and right ? Does it wander or feel skittish at all ?

Stick your head under the car (jack the rear up if necessary (FTLOG don't use the Renault 'widowmaker' jack !!!! ) ) and look at the shocks. If there's any residue on there, they might well be leaking.

Always the classic 'bounce' test where you see what sort of compression etc you get, but if you're that clueless it won't tell you much at the moment :eek:

What an amateur....as I was taking pictures to upload I noticed the 3 other tyres are Michelin pilot sport 3 205/55/r16 and the other is not and its 195/55/r16. The tyre wall is about half an inch bigger! Mystery solved haha

Clio 182 arctic
What an amateur....as I was taking pictures to upload I noticed the 3 other tyres are Michelin pilot sport 3 205/55/r16 and the other is not and its 195/55/r16. The tyre wall is about half an inch bigger! Mystery solved haha

Have you just bought it or something? I would be straight back

Clio 182 arctic
Yeh had it a week and take the car back over a tyre?
Over a tyre that is the wrong size and illegal....yes! without a hesitation
http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_410.htm

Put the tyre on the front and see what happens. I can tell you that you will feel it straight away and it will throw at least 4 lights up on the dash.
I had to fit a 205/55/16 to the front once as an emergency get me home, it was like christmas with all the lights on the dash. Plus it is dangerous.