ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omnia HD, is out.

Mini Cooper S sport
It's the phone I'm going to get, I've been waiting for this for AAAAAAGES.

Only thing is, the i8910 isn't out on O2 yet and at the moment it's F*CKING expensive, so will have to put up with the sh!tty LG Shine for a bit longer..

Not everybody in the world wants an iPhone.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Have been doing abit of digging on this fone through other forums & there seems to be a problem with the sound quality when recording 720p - its just not up to the job!.

See Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrDwL7JJQM

Its no good having a good picture & not having the best audio!. Some people are saying it can be fixed through firmware.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
It's the phone I'm going to get, I've been waiting for this for AAAAAAGES.

Only thing is, the i8910 isn't out on O2 yet and at the moment it's F*CKING expensive, so will have to put up with the sh!tty LG Shine for a bit longer..

Not everybody in the world wants an iPhone.

incorrect!

yes they do!

/end

Its features are technically better in every way, its OS is not.

That line reminds me of the jargon that Vodafone and RIM put out about the BB Storm. What a load of rubbish, last time I buy something that is meant to go one up on an already excellent bit of kit.

iPwnd.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Have been doing abit of digging on this fone through other forums & there seems to be a problem with the sound quality when recording 720p - its just not up to the job!.

See Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrDwL7JJQM

Its no good having a good picture & not having the best audio!. Some people are saying it can be fixed through firmware.

Yeah the previous 8mpx samsung did that, dont think it was ever fixed.
Firmware updates are very difficult with samsung phones too.

Plus you wont get access to any S60 apps from nokia.

Its like apple licensing the iphone OS and then not letting you access the app store.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I hate touchscreen phones. All of them. There was f**k all wrong with buttons!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol I like you Warren.
f**king pointless. Just another f**king thing invented just because they could. Like iDrive
"Right lads, here's the idea. Clearly defined, logically placed buttons are soooo last season. I want a big f**k off knob, so it takes 10 mins to put 5live on. While we're at it, we'll make them press a button to get full power. That'll learn the b******s for looking at Audi's"

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol warpath much. 7/10 and rising for rant status.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What are resisitive touch screens?

I'm glad you asked..

There are a number of types of touchscreen technology

Resistive

Main article: Resistive touchscreen
A resistive touchscreen panel is composed of several layers, the most important of which are two thin, metallic, electrically conductive layers separated by a narrow gap. When an object, such as a finger, presses down on a point on the panel's outer surface the two metallic layers become connected at that point: the panel then behaves as a pair of voltage dividers with connected outputs. This causes a change in the electrical current which is registered as a touch event and sent to the controller for processing.

Surface acoustic wave

Surface acoustic wave (SAW) technology uses ultrasonic waves that pass over the touchscreen panel. When the panel is touched, a portion of the wave is absorbed. This change in the ultrasonic waves registers the position of the touch event and sends this information to the controller for processing. Surface wave touchscreen panels can be damaged by outside elements. Contaminants on the surface can also interfere with the functionality of the touchscreen.[2]

Capacitive

A capacitive touchscreen panel is a sensor typically made of glass coated with a material such as indium tin oxide.[3][4] This type of sensor is basically a capacitor in which the plates are the overlapping areas between the horizontal and vertical axes in a grid pattern. Since the human body also conducts electricity, a touch on the surface of the sensor will affect the electric field and create a measurable change in the capacitance of the device. These sensors work on proximity, and do not have to be directly touched to be triggered. It is a durable technology that is used in a wide range of applications including point-of-sale systems, industrial controls, and public information kiosks. It has a higher clarity than Resistive technology, but it only responds to finger contact and will not work with a gloved hand or pen stylus unless the stylus is conductive. Capacitive touch screens can also support Multitouch. Examples include Apple Inc.'s iPhone and iPod touch, HTC's G1 & HTC Magic and Palm Inc.'s Palm Pre.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Donno, but I think its where you get a Virbration when you press on the touch. LG call it "Haptic Feedback"...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Whats the issue with having buttons? Simple, easy, reliable. It's like the c**t that put auto wipers on a clio. What kind of a silly wanker thinks putting wipers on is an effort? Ditto lights. FFS, if I can control a car, I can sure as f**k twist a dial.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Functionality is restricted.

Simple as.
You could have buttons with OLED's behind them or Eink buttons. But touchscreens are cheaper and give you more property to work with.

Take the iPhone calculator app for example.

How would you do that with buttons?

Last edited:
It's for the new generation that need less to think about, since GCSEs and A-Levels are about as easy as turning the oven on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Simple as.
You could have buttons with OLED's behind them or Eink buttons. But touchscreens are cheaper and give you more property to work with.

I'd rather have one small phone, that's just a phone. To me, the iphone is stupidly big for a phone. f**k knows how Chris copes, surely it's bigger than his jeans?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Simple as.

How would you do that with buttons?
I have a calculator on my nokia FFS. I'm not going to be doing calculus on the move, it's more than adequate for the times it's needed. And if I used the calculator for any lengthy calculations the iphone would run out of battery before I finished.

The iphone has sold as well as it has for a reason. There is no doubting it's a f**king immense phone and a front leader.

So stop hating on it because you're old nokia is okay and does the job. The iphone is epic. No two ways about it.

I'll be getting the new one when it comes out, relying on a few updates it deserves.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dunno about you lot complaining about the size of the iPhone, you must have a head and hands the size of a small child if an iPhone is massive.

Fiddly tiny s**t FTL.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The iphone has sold as well as it has for a reason. There is no doubting it's a f**king immense phone and a front leader.

So stop hating on it because you're old nokia is okay and does the job. The iphone is epic. No two ways about it.

I'll be getting the new one when it comes out, relying on a few updates it deserves.
How is the iphone epic? Apart from being the latest cool toy?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Really wanted the Sammy, but with the size of it, the price of it and the fact that it's made by Samsung.... I got an N96 instead. Not a huge fan of touchscreens, and while the iphone is nice, it's too big.

I couldn't live with a w**k camera the iphone has, and I couldn't live with waiting for a magic update from Sammy to fix this and that.... each to their own.

I've had two fw updates since getting the N96, the last was a major one. Camera's good, 16 Gb of memory's good, video recording and playback is now good... And it fits in my pocket.

Workmate got this phone today. I'm hella impressed, and phone's really aren't my bag, but I want one!

The screen is really good, and the image quality is absolutely fantastic.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I didn't even know the ipod calculator went scientific in landscape mode! And there was me downloading a separate app :eek:

TBH i can't see why people hate on the apple technology. It's so quick and easy to use.

I got a touch for xmas but will be upgrading to the new iphone in july without a doubt. Everything just works so well on it.

The samsung looks nice but is a bit big and the OS doesn't look very smooth. I prefer the smoothness of the touch/iphone.

TBH, i've never been mega impressed with any phone camera. My K850 sucks in clubs/bars and thats pretty much the only time i use it for pics. It's always over/under exposed.

Mini Cooper S sport

You're 16. Your opinion is void.

CLIO Iceberg 172
iv just got this phone..... im absolutly loving it!!!! its so easy to use and all the gear on it is amazing!
the only down side is the recording bit rate on the video, but besides that all the photos and videos are just as good as any point and click 8mp,
and it will also play almost everything i have thrown at it...
even thou the phone is massive... it feels so much nicer than the iphone to carry around with you and use.... defently gets a 10
the os is extreamly smooth, much smoother than what all those sample vids make out on youtube,

How is the iphone epic? Apart from being the latest cool toy?

Look at a lot of modern phones now, they are just rips of the iphone. It was the first real phone, media solution that worked imo but also was styled well. It's lead the phone market for the last few years. It's no where near just a cool toy, it's practical and great.

You're 16. Your opinion is void.

I'm 18. But thanks.