ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

Removed the little black plastic inserts from the holes, so it's a flat surface, then just put the new badge over. :)

Really like that idea for the badge and i'm afraid I might steal your idea and do the same. By the way your car and whole project looks great!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks! :D

The new section of Nimbus motorsport heat shield arrived today; much much better size! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

6022872610_46358f6cf9_z.jpg

6022873130_5f6d43b8b6_z.jpg

:D

A dieppe product

oliver,the doors are awesome with that tapestry,how much money do you spend?

RB182CUP-FF

ClioSport Club Member
  2118's RB 182 CUP

TBH, the driver looked early 20's and wearing a tracksuit. Footballer, was my immediate thought? :S haha

:rasp:

Got a couple of photos of yours again today, especially liking this one;

5990900665_fc20095f7d_z.jpg
cars looking good there owen, mine makes ur look evan better

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

I fancy changing the rear end of mine and was never keen on the 200 style rs badge but that does look really good! I alsp like the 197 style but think it looks odd with the clio badge...would also like to see the 200 style on the left side and still keep the clio badge

I may steal youre idea however ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

oliver,the doors are awesome with that tapestry,how much money do you spend?

I think you're talking about the photo that SilentScone posted of his seats, where his black and yellow stitching door cards were visible? :)

I fancy changing the rear end of mine and was never keen on the 200 style rs badge but that does look really good! I alsp like the 197 style but think it looks odd with the clio badge...would also like to see the 200 style on the left side and still keep the clio badge

I may steal youre idea however ;)

Although I liked my carbon one, I've never been a fan of the Clio badge really, so would always have been a single 197 or 200 style badge for me. ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Quick update regarding my parts from Streamline.

All the order is complete, bar the splitter, which is currently being finished. It's going to lacquer on Friday, so should be back and on-route to me next week.

Can't wait. :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks! Really happy with how the badge looks. :)

Thanks for the top service, as usual, Tom.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
As above you booked in yet?

Want to know what to expect when I get my car back (one day) its still sat with the Renault dealer :(

Ollie's Silver Cup

Nope, sadly, there's no news on the mapping as yet. :(

Still at the stage where I'm waiting to hear from Tom@JMS, once he's in possession of the calibration info regarding cams. Can't really progress with or decide on anything further until that's sorted.

I'm not really sure what time scale we're looking at tbh; stay tuned. I'm confident Tom will pass the information along as soon as he has it, as he knows there's a couple of us waiting on it. :)

J, I've just been reading your thread regarding the second box! Nightmare! :eek: Doesn't inspire confidence in Renault's parts side!

I can't help you with what to expect power wise, as I really no idea what mine will make, but I'm sure you'll be impressed with the power delivery, drivability and feel that the kit provides.

172/1.2/E30

RS Tuning told me that mapping the RS2 and 428s would take about 2 hours, so there must be some kind of base map for these mods available. Getting feedback from Tom is quite hard these days.

Ollie's Silver Cup

RS Tuning told me that mapping the RS2 and 428s would take about 2 hours, so there must be some kind of base map for these mods available. Getting feedback from Tom is quite hard these days.

Hmmm interesting, yeah, that would suggest some work has been done already!

Out of interest, when did you speak to RST? Over the last week or so? :)

Perhaps I should give them a call directly too.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Lol no it doesn't does it mate, but I'll know where to spend my money next time I guess, and I doubt it will be with the clowns at Renault unless they can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

172/1.2/E30

Hmmm interesting, yeah, that would suggest some work has been done already!

Out of interest, when did you speak to RST? Over the last week or so? :)

Perhaps I should give them a call directly too.

I think that was about a week ago. Would be interesting to see how the 428s perform in combination with the RS2.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I think that was about a week ago. Would be interesting to see how the 428s perform in combination with the RS2.

Perhaps just after the last time I heard from Tom then. :)

I'll try and chase it up with JMS and RST. Thanks. :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Another something worth mentioning. May have seen elsewhere in my thread about Recaro PP or Furious fixed shells; seats/interior are the next thing I want to focus on.

Although this is still very much a viable option (in terms of price, quality and comfort), I was having a nose around the Streamline site again earlier today and same across a carbon fixed race seat.

Photo linked from the Streamline Flickr group;

3591084845_ffc89fcb2e_z.jpg

Probably way OTT and hardcore for an everyday car, but I absolutely love it! :evil:

The other downside is they're quite a bit more expensive than the Recaro's, obviously given the materials and smaller production numbers.

I wonder how they would fair being used on the road. :eek:

FULL FAT 182

Hi Oliver, just to let you know Tom is alive. He tried to call me earlier but i missed it.
This time on Friday i will have results from having K-TEC 438 cams alongside the RS2 Manifold

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
That seat looks awesome but can you imagine driving long distances in that! It's bad enough in my seats and they are the most comfortable I have found as far as fixed backs go!

Aside from the comfort factor, the carbon would look terrible after a short time, as soon as you sit in the car in a pair of jeans it would be scratched to buggery.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Wazza182; said:
Hi Oliver, just to let you know Tom is alive. He tried to call me earlier but i missed it.
This time on Friday i will have results from having K-TEC 438 cams alongside the RS2 Manifold
That's come around quickly! :approve:

I'm off up to Manchester on Friday, but I'll pop on here in the evening to see if you've got your results. :)

FULL FAT 182

That's come around quickly! :approve:

I'm off up to Manchester on Friday, but I'll pop on here in the evening to see if you've got your results. :)

I'd rather have a go and see what it does (human Guinea pig) , K-Tec have been spot on so far. Good luck with getting hold of Tom, you could always go to K-Tec as they are making a base map from when i go there.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Will be keeping a very interested eye on this :) I've been having trouble getting booked in for the rs2 kit. Think Tom has a lot of work on at the moment!!

FULL FAT 182

Will be keeping a very interested eye on this :) I've been having trouble getting booked in for the rs2 kit. Think Tom has a lot of work on at the moment!!

Don't expect 200hp for sure, just a bit of fun :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

If the 438's perform tomorrow, I'd seriously consider selling my 428's and purchasing a set. :)

Looking forward to seeing the results. :D

FULL FAT 182

If the 438's perform tomorrow, I'd seriously consider selling my 428's and purchasing a set. :)

Looking forward to seeing the results. :D

I'll be shortly leaving for k-tec and aiming to get there for around 8.30-9.00, it's going to be a long day but I feel it could be a good one. Going to get the oil changed whilst im there.

I will keep everyone posted on my project page.

FF BG 182

M8 just spent my evening reading from page to page.... very nice car and very jealous :) i need to start saving i think, running mine's enough on a 19 year old soldiers wage :D