ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OIL LEAK HELP !

Clio 200 full fat
hi guys my clio looks like is chucking out oil down the side of the engine on the driverside it looks like is coming from behind the engine mount/ cam cover area any suggestions someone said it might be the cam seals but i just had a top end rebuild ? also every now and the if i boot it there is a small bit of smoke but my cat is broken and needs changing if anyone can help would really appricate it was planning to take my car to dan @ 519 but dont have the money yet

thanks terry

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
hi guys my clio looks like is chucking out oil down the side of the engine on the driverside it looks like is coming from behind the engine mount/ cam cover area any suggestions someone said it might be the cam seals but i just had a top end rebuild ? also every now and the if i boot it there is a small bit of smoke but my cat is broken and needs changing if anyone can help would really appricate it was planning to take my car to dan @ 519 but dont have the money yet

thanks terry

I think you've answered your own question there m8. Oil leaks (certainly of the severity that you mention) are beyond the realms of day-to-day car owners - myself included. Even though money's tight, I'd definitely bite-the-bullet and get the car down to Dan ASAP. Surely his inspection of the issue would be better than not knowing - even if the news is a bit bad?

D.

Clio 200 full fat
Yeah I spoke to dan the the other day I'm planning to get it booked in really nice guy just wanted to confirm from others opinions what they fort of it a friend of mine who's does a few clios on here did it says he put new seals in but it's p****ng out the side just won't to know if it's safe to drive for a week or two

dan's cast offs.
i had a k4m in last year that was throwing oil out after head re build, from what i remember it had a normal cam seal on the inlet when it should of had the dephaser one, when the dephaser was tightened up it pushed the seal right in and mullered it!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i had a k4m in last year that was throwing oil out after head re build, from what i remember it had a normal cam seal on the inlet when it should of had the dephaser one, when the dephaser was tightened up it pushed the seal right in and mullered it!!
Exactly what I said on the phone. Common **** up

I had one in like this. Except, they'd fitted them over the original oil seals. Was running 4 lol.