ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hells delight trying to seal sump plug, help needed!

Renault clio
I have been trying to stop my sump plug from leaking oil since I changed it, I have used a new round profile copper crush washer and origenly torqued the plug to 20 N/mm2, I cleaned the sump and left it a few days. I came back a few days later and there was oil on the sump plug and visable oil drips on the floor, so I torqued it to 22 N/mm2 and left it a few days. I just checked it again and still there is oil residue on the plug so I have just tightened it up to 25N/mm2 and hopefully this will sort it.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to resolve the leak? Should I use a different washer such as a flat copper washer or alluminium washer?

Thanks

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
It would be a good idea to state what car and model. Clio2 172/182 does not use a crush washer its a dowty sealing washer.