ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil in my spark plugs :(

1.5dci
so, what could be the cause of this ? and this would cause my car to run bad every so often ? like, im driving, i go on the accelorator and it feels like theres a brick under there, but if i nock it out of gear ( while driving ) and rev it, it revs fine ?, back into gear, it will run ok for a little then be lumpy, but after this first initial ten mins of driving its alright n runs ok...

not only that, i had a gradually louder humming from my rear drum ( i figured bearing .. ) so i had it replaced, to find that it wasnt the bearing .. im guessing the drum is worn out or rather the shoes inside,

how easy are they to fit ? and where can i get new drums and rear shoes from ?

thanks people

Petrol Blue 182.
rocker cover gaskit is probly shot to pieces, that was the cause on my mk1 when i had the same problem

1.5dci
rocker cover gaskit is probly shot to pieces, that was the cause on my mk1 when i had the same problem

any idea's how easy these are to replace ? and how much :)

also, anyone have any idea's on the drums, they sound excessively worn out ( me thinking its the bearing .. pahaha .. ) still, any idea's how much this would cost to replace ?

Petrol Blue 182.
very easy just undo all the bolts on the cam cover, and it lifts off, youll see the gaskit, think i payed about £10 from the local mota factors for one, 30mins 45 tops! your prob just need new pads on the drums, undo the hubnut and take the drum off mate

1.5dci
cheers for the advice, more welcome i wanna make sure im doing it right of cause ;) ..

how long can this ' problem' go for, ? payday is friday, n i dont finish work till sunday morning :(

anyone here have any idea's what shoes i need to get, is it specifics or ? just any

Petrol Blue 182.
with regards to spark plugs, you should be ok, itl just interfer with the spark and the car will run like a bag of s**t, obv you wana be doing your pads soon, just go into halfrauds or your local motor factors and quote your reg, thell be able to tell you what you need pad wise

1.5dci
rang my local motormainia, they can get me a new gasket by monday/tues - the closest factor by me is long-eaton ( a good half hour trek n a tenna's worth of fuel .. )

breaks wise, they said, i have a 'choice' and were unsure of what one i needed he asked if i had abs ( which i do ... but i thought that only counts on the front :S) n said theres a choice.. that was even after giving my reg over to him,

so thats gonna take a little more time i rekon.. still.. can try and hold out till monday tues, just means not goin anywhere in the mean time ..

172DD Cup
when refitting removing and refitting cam cover, you should follow a sequence for tightening/loosening the bolts, usually start at the central most bolt and work outwards. and only do the bolts upto the specified torque. very easy to snap the corner off the cam cover if you do it too tight. done it on my old fiat. dunno what the layout is, google cam cover tightening sequence and you'll see what i mean.

1.5dci
i followed your advice, didnt have a torque wrench so just guessed .. lol, but after taking everything off ( spending half a bloody day im sunburnt lol.. and not bothering going to bed tis morning after a night shift .. ) changing it, n putting a new one, all along the front of the old one it was 'cracked' yano like if a wheel is perishing or somthin it has all them cracks in it.. - anyway, it seems to have fixed it,

but, it idles now at about 750 instead of just under a grand, i suppose this isnt anything major but maybe a sign that it's a good job well done n it should run like that ? cuz my mate, he had a clio n said his always idled at 750. so more fuel efficient huh ;)

172DD Cup
first time i disconnected my throttle body and refitted, the idle hunted up and down for a couple of days between 750 and 1500 before settling. hopefully will sort itself out.

1.5dci
well thanks any road to you lot :p gonna get some new ht leads tomorrow ( lol was a little gutted about fuel in the fuel rail tho ;) what a waste :( haha )

oh yeah, apparently they couldnt figure out what HT leads i needed today, as on there system ( at motormainia ) theres 3 types, they had 2 in stock and ordered the 3rd for tomorrow, i checked my lead against the other 2, and the long 'pencil' like ends that go onto the spark plugs are diffrent to both, and i doubt this 3rd one will be a fit either tbh,

any idea's on this ?