ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil/Grease all over front wheel

Clio Sport 172
Have just given my car a good clean and found the front drivers side wheel caked in either grease or oil, can't really tell which because it was also covered in grit and dust.

Any ideas?

Clio Sport 172
It was making a knocking noise a while back, and when i took it to the garage they said the clip had come off and all the grease had come out :S. It has been washed a few times since then so this is a new leak. Could it be that again? Or are you pretty sure its split?

I found with my 182 the boot would pop off (but not split) and the grease would come out. Luckily I spotted it the day it started happening and put a new clip on it.

Clio Sport 172
I found with my 182 the boot would pop off (but not split) and the grease would come out. Luckily I spotted it the day it started happening and put a new clip on it.

My wheel is caned in it :dapprove: and It's a B***H to get off!!

ITB'd MK1
the boots dont split, the clips break off. You need good clips and not cable ties as the boot is plastic, and not rubber. I keep the proper clips in stock as it's such a common issue

Last edited:
  Black Gold Trophy
This has happened on both sides of my 182.
Happened on my mates 182 aswell.

The gaiter rarely splits, it's just the clips break, a cable tie is temporary solution.
The ideal way of securing it is with a jubilee clip imo.