ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Astra SRI/ Hornet
yes today it has. there mite of been issues that mite be resolved very soon im hoping. its letting me complete games now but its running weird, alot of lag.

Mountune Tractor
I'm reading all over the web that the update has made it worse for pretty much everyone on PSN. My patience has just about run out, think I might just chop this in for something else now.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
its the same for xbox aswell from what ive seen on cod forum. i think treyarch have bitten off more than they can chew or arnt getting enough funding.

LY 182
Nothing different on Xbox for me. I had a period of around 30-45 mins early evening yesterday where I couldn't get into the MP but other than that it was fine. Solid evening of play with no freezes, no problems finding games, no problems with lag, etc.

Mito Sportiva 135
On 360, found getting from a lobby with a party >4 more difficult than usual last night and chat was a bit weird, kept cutting out every other words. I joined a group of mates about 11pm and apparently in an hour they had only managed 2 games, one of them just left to play by himself in the end as he'd had enough.

Not really noticed any "improvements" though with the patch so far. Think a LOT of people will be put off after this game, if PS3 version is worse then must be extremely annoying.

Don't think I had a single issue ever on Battlefield either getting into a game or completing a game any only a couple of times very minor lag - and this was with much bigger maps.

Dodgy one
I was getting lag on this last night, not too much to be causing problems, running through doorways became annoying when I kept going into Walls lol

Had a blast on mw2 shortly after too, don't know if it's me but it seems z lot easier, I was top of thd leaderboard a few times which is rare!

LY 182
Well last night I played a couple games in a party with 3 mates all fine. I then played quite a few games in another party where there was a full team of 6 of us and again no problems.

I do feel a bit sorry for people with persistent issues as I think it's an awesome game.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's harder to do well in this game compared to MW2 I think, not sure why.

My new gripe is people who play objective games but only focus on kills and not the team objective.

WHY????

Astra SRI/ Hornet
For me taking away all the issues I find it easier than mw2 in the way that casual gamers could be good and mix it with good players with the perks and killstreaks in that game. BO takes more skill and ya have to think more, so now the casual players think it's harder cos ya can't run into a group and get a load of collateral kills then camp and rack up the killstreaks.

Ph1 172
well complete zero games this morning, and has been taking anywhere between 5 -15 minutes to start a game. i hope they get this sorted soon.

White APE
Since switching my ps3 into DMZ mode last night its switched my NAT to open and cured most of the connection problems for me.

Definately find this easier then MW2, took me quite a while to prestige on MW2 but im already 75% prestige 1. (yes i know some people have prestiged quite a few times but i actually go to work. lol)

Mito Sportiva 135
Halfpint...that's because there were 70 levels per prestige in MW2, only 50 in Black Ops...but 15 prestige levels rather than 10.

LY 182
If you're playing well you go through the levels super quick though, when you get 40+ it slows down a bit. If I prestiged as soon as I hit level 50 I'd probably be on 5th or 6th prestige now, rofl. :dead:

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Mr Pants....get out the house more then!!!! You must be playing 8 hours a day man!

I play about three hours most evenings, I am 5th prestige. Doesn't take long if you are getting good scores.

The knife lunge is much better now, you have to be basically facing dead on to land a knife kill, I haven't been panic knifed since the patch which is great!

It is harder to pick up and play than MW2 was, that was a piece of piss to play and do well in. But when you settle into this game you can do just as well because there are a lot of people who are crap at it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I think they have put a deliberate delay in the knifing. It's 1 thing to take away the lunge but to delay the actual knife itself has ruined it. In all cods it's been an instinctive too close to shoot knife in 1 second flat. Now it's run past the person and run round in circles for 10 seconds trying to kill some1.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I think they have put a deliberate delay in the knifing. It's 1 thing to take away the lunge but to delay the actual knife itself has ruined it. In all cods it's been an instinctive too close to shoot knife in 1 second flat. Now it's run past the person and run round in circles for 10 seconds trying to kill some1.

Which is much better than: Running . . . see someone, instantly push the joystick down and lunge 10 foot and knife someone. Not an exaggeration, I have videos, lol.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah I've witnessed the lunge myself but the knife in mw2 without commando was perfect. Same with WAW and cod4. I just don't think they have it right just yet. I was pressing the button and seconds later it was knifing last night.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Update solution from cod forum. Where you'd normally click on the pic of a disc for a game there's game utility etc delete BO data in both catergorys then load game and reinstall. You'll lose your single player stats but online stays the same. Apparently it's saved in the wrong place and reinstalling it corrects it. I've done it and is back to what it was.

Ph1 172
Update solution from cod forum. Where you'd normally click on the pic of a disc for a game there's game utility etc delete BO data in both catergorys then load game and reinstall. You'll lose your single player stats but online stays the same. Apparently it's saved in the wrong place and reinstalling it corrects it. I've done it and is back to what it was.

well done mate, will be trying this when i get home :cool:

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Finally had enough, Now for sale on the forum.

Game is a complete shambles.

Treyarch and Sony can get fucked!

went online again last night every game perfect bar the odd person with a bad connection (and you cant do anything about that) i really dont see any major issues on the 360 at least

LY 182
went online again last night every game perfect bar the odd person with a bad connection (and you cant do anything about that) i really dont see any major issues on the 360 at least

Exactly the same here. I have 1 friend who moans about lag and that's because he has a shite internet connection lol.

Virgin 20mb + Quality router = Good gaming!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like they have patched the PC version - not sure if the same applies to the consoles, mind?

Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Multiplayer

Show posts for all products, not just Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Multiplayer

FULL STORIES HEADLINES

16:02
Call of Duty: Black Ops Update Released

Product Update - Valve
Updates to Call of Duty: Black Ops have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Improved threading performance on computers with only 2 cores.
  • Additional performance optimizations
  • Added an option to pre-cache all shaders during load time. This fixes hitching related to shader compiling on some video cards when viewing an area of the map for the first time.
  • Fixed random freezes in certain computer configurations.
  • Allow Team Change on Ranked servers when it does not unbalance teams (this is a server admin option).
  • Allow Team Change grace period at start of match (server admin option).
  • Added 4 more reserved slots (server admin option)
  • Added /connect
  • Improved quickmatch results (server side change)
  • Fix for watching films through Combat Record
  • Fixed compassSpectatorsSeeEnemies exploit
  • Fixed 3rd person fov exploit
  • Fix for infinite supply drop exploit.
  • Fixed crosshair flickering when stereo is active.
  • Various spawn improvements
  • Various sound improvements
  • Fix for Zombies – Teammate shadows not displayed properly.
  • Fix for radar not staying on in One in the Chamber when it should.
  • In a Domination match, the Position Secured medal is no longer delayed.
  • 'Hardened: Equipment Shot' Challenge can now be completed by destroying a 'Camera Spike'.
  • Fix for choppy final killcam in dedicated servers.
  • Various map glitches fixed.
  • Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
  • Added mixed hardcore playlist
  • Added mixed barebones playlist
  • Added 12 player versions of all playlists

Rcon

• Reduced timeout values. Connect (or failure to connect is faster).
  • Added all white-listed dvars for Ranked and Unranked. Admins have rcon access to ALL available dvars.
  • Added Settings and Console tabs for Ranked servers.
  • Fixes a bug where the “Server” tab doesn’t update values when connecting to a new server.
  • Added version number to the title bar.
  • Fixed a bug where UI state didn’t persist after switching to another server.
  • Added “disconnect” button.
  • Fixed map “set” to not use admindvar.
  • Changed all dvars which could be possibly float, to float. Mostly these are time-type dvars.
  • Fixed bug where entering a value of zero for Message Duration would cause a unhandled exception error
  • Truncated all message fields to 140 chars

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't think it's got the addictive qualities of MW2....might go back to BC2 especially with Vietnam on it's way.