ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

LY 182
Just as hooked as I was with MW2.

Started using the G11 last night and actually love it! Using the low power scope, or whatever it's called. (Not the variable sniper style scope basically lol).

For maps like Cracked and Launch that I would consider 'medium range' it's f**king awesome.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
the issues have sucked the fun out of it for me. can barely play it for 30 mins. i used to play other cods for hours.

Fiesta ST-3
The thing I feel this game lacks is sniping opportunities. I've hardly ever used a sniper. I like to use it for it's proper purpose, non of this bullshit quick scoping! There's just no long range mapswith sniping spots really. Maybe one or two which everyone knows about but no nooks or crannys.

^ +1... Im not a big sniper anyway, but its still good to do every once in a while. Gives a different prospective of the game. There arent any big maps on Blops to do this on.
On MW2, I usually used to do my sniping on Wasteland, but there arent any maps that are like that on this game. Pretty crap really!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
To invite friends to zombies, dont you just go onto the lobby menu thing and press Y and select your friends?
Sure i've been doing that, it just sends them an invite, and when they're in you just search for a game.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh maps are far too small for decent sniping I think, only time you can do it I think is if you go to the top of the cliff in Jungle, but then everyone can see you pretty much.

If you want sniping go play BC2 - you can snipe from an INSANE distance on that.

Think I am going to revert back to it over Christmas :)

Dodgy one
I heard earlier on radio 1 a few people with ps3s have rung in complaining about the game, lagging, not been able to get into matches, kicked out, disconnected etc.

Xbox FTW hahaha

Bumder With A Buffer
To invite friends to zombies, dont you just go onto the lobby menu thing and press Y and select your friends?
Sure i've been doing that, it just sends them an invite, and when they're in you just search for a game.

But thats what I mean..It doesnt work at all. Friends NEVER join my screen like they used to on MW2..It's definately not an issue with NAT type as if I switch back to MW2 or WAW then its fine!

Peeing me off.

LY 182
I've picked up the g11...wasn't too sure what type of gun it is, auto sniper or AR?

It's the classified AR. It's similar to the M14/16? With the 3 round burst. Try it with the low power scope, it's quality!

I agree with the sniping comments mostly. There are a few maps that are okay for it. On Array, Villa and Jungle there's a few spots you can just sit in, reeeeallly dirty and not many people notice. But they're the kinda spots where you'd need to get a chopper or dogs to get a decent score. Otherwise you'd just be like 10-2 or something which is a bit sh1t and boring.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh right cheers. How do you unlock the classified weapons then do you know, buy all the weapons in the class I heard?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Just had a really funny game of zombies. This welsh fella was rinsing this kid cos he was being s**t and getting us into s**t. He was like 'oh my god you are a new kind of special' lol

Ph1 172
Have you tried the G11 as hip fire only weapon? use the steady aim perk and it great fun on a small map like nuketown, it works because the crosshier is so small.

Yeh maps are far too small for decent sniping I think, only time you can do it I think is if you go to the top of the cliff in Jungle, but then everyone can see you pretty much.

If you want sniping go play BC2 - you can snipe from an INSANE distance on that.

Think I am going to revert back to it over Christmas :)

Can't stand sniping in BC2, impossible to one shot kill, hence why I only played it for 20 mins and then turned it off.

Have you tried the G11 as hip fire only weapon? use the steady aim perk and it great fun on a small map like nuketown, it works because the crosshier is so small.

That's due to it having the same hip fire accuracy as subs.
Oh dunno if people knew that the Enfield has the same scope in time as subs also?

There's a vid on the tube with all the guns stats.

Mito Sportiva 135
Plummer...not true at all!!! The Gol and M95 I think (been a while since I've played it!) pretty much always one shot kills...if you fit them with magnum ammo you can get kills from MILES away, when the enemy is the size of a pixel.

Also got to compensate for the effect of gravity.

Maybe you're just not accurate enough mate?! :)

White APE
Wish I could DMZ mine : (. May have to borrow a mates laptop to do it. Did you change your ports aswell half-pint?

I followed a guide on a site I found which I'm trying to find again. I had I manually input the internet setting on the ps3 and create it a static ip. Then I logged into the router via my laptop ( may be able to do It on your phone) and ha to find something that mentioned dmz and change that to the static ip you had given the ps3. Think that's all I did and it's cured it for me

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i cant get over how retarded people are on zombies, it really isnt that difficult. id say its impossible to do with strangers online.

Mountune Tractor
Latest updates on black ops forum from Treyarch:

Hey PS3 fans,

We rolled out some updates on the backend today to improve individual connectivity issues that some of you have been reporting. For those of you affected, please let us know here on the forums if this has improved your situation.

If you’re still experiencing any problems, let us know by way of the forums and/or Activision Customer Support (Activision.com/support) by providing detailed descriptions of your experiences, so we can address them.

Thank you,
-JD

Hey PS3 community –

We are aware that many online players have been experiencing connectivity issues since Tuesday’s patch. We have been working hard to track down the cause and fix them as quickly as we can. We’ve already updated the game with one “hot fix” since Tuesday’s release that has improved many of those connectivity problems, and we’ve got more coming, so stay tuned.

Forum feedback has been tremendously helpful. In fact, we’ve been on the forums, monitoring feedback and in a number of cases, working with community members directly, so please keep the feedback coming. In the meantime, know that we’re committed to doing everything we can to support the best online experience, and we’re working quickly to resolve this issue.

NOTE: There have been rumors suggesting that deleting your save data will improve network connectivity. Please do not delete your save data, as it will not have an effect on network connectivity. A hot fix was released at 9:30p PST last night, coinciding with the first instance of this rumor, and this hot fix is the reason many users have experienced improved connectivity.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback. As always, we will keep you updated.

Thanks
-JD

Mk2 ph1 clio
Gutted for kev... hes already deleted his game data lol

I've found my game type now... Demolition. Im a f**king ninja on that tbh! lol Been playing it all night since about 1:30ish and haven't had one bad game other than my team leave the lobby cause i played the objective and they wanted to kill/point *****? lol

Love the fact that its like search and destroy with respawns! no waiting around and no worrying about dying i've had 30+ kills each game and 8-9k exp per game, just went from level 27 to 31 tonight!

Also, gameplay in general feels prety good, im really enjoying playing this multiplayer now, the hit detection feels better and i've only had one host migration in 4 hours! which is impressive for this game so far!

Ah well, sleep now off out tomorrow! back on tomorrow night around 11pm for some games Aly, Kev and dredz... dredz has no say cause shes been playing powerpuff girls all week so it's about time she got back on black ops!!

LY 182
Lol I played with strangers and was pretty good. Played with Ali off here and we did shiiiiit!

i just got to level 21 with strangers lol.

think we had 2 people who didnt have a clue

Lol well you were playing with at least 1 person who didn't have a clue! :cool:

I've only played a couple times so sorry for sucking on Zombies, although a couple times I went down it was cause I went 2 revive the other dude, in my defence. :eek:

Clio 1.2 16v
Gutted for kev... hes already deleted his game data lol

I've found my game type now... Demolition. Im a f**king ninja on that tbh! lol Been playing it all night since about 1:30ish and haven't had one bad game other than my team leave the lobby cause i played the objective and they wanted to kill/point *****? lol

Love the fact that its like search and destroy with respawns! no waiting around and no worrying about dying i've had 30+ kills each game and 8-9k exp per game, just went from level 27 to 31 tonight!

Also, gameplay in general feels prety good, im really enjoying playing this multiplayer now, the hit detection feels better and i've only had one host migration in 4 hours! which is impressive for this game so far!

Ah well, sleep now off out tomorrow! back on tomorrow night around 11pm for some games Aly, Kev and dredz... dredz has no say cause shes been playing powerpuff girls all week so it's about time she got back on black ops!!

I may be on this evening mate, only probs is im on earlies all week!

Mito Sportiva 135
Me and my friends have been playing Team Tactical now (4 on 4, various objectives) and won 9 out of 10. Think this is the way forward...TDM is a bit hollow on this game, which is weird as it's all I played on MW2.

Search and Destroy is cool as you can watch your mates if you die and give them some banter and pile the pressure on them!

Plummer...not true at all!!! The Gol and M95 I think (been a while since I've played it!) pretty much always one shot kills...if you fit them with magnum ammo you can get kills from MILES away, when the enemy is the size of a pixel.

Also got to compensate for the effect of gravity.

Maybe you're just not accurate enough mate?! :)

I'm not accurate enough!? :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
I was joking mate...I've seen your stats!!!

But I wasn't sure how you couldn't like the sniping...I LOVE it in BC2...the Gol is amazing. Play Rush mode, Gol + magnum ammo, camp like Ray Mears somewhere and bring in the kills!!!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh some maps you walk around for ages (especially deathmatch) and nothing...then all of a sudden "pop" and you're down, with no warning. Rush is better as it focuses you on specific points of the map.

Seriously you can kill people from MILES away. Awesome. I would have thought you would have liked it mate, your a good player and BC2 requires not only skill but some brains too.