ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

172 Cup
Multiplayer reveal tonight -

http://www.codblackopsnews.com/2010/08/30/black-ops-multiplayer-reveal-event-live-coverage/

http://www.1up.com/news/call-of-duty-black-ops-multiplayer-liveblog

What exactly is the multiplayer reveal do you ask? There will be a red carpet event in Los Angeles, CA and community VIPs, press and even celebrities are expected to turn up. Sadly, we won't be there but that's not stopping us from giving you all the good stuff as soon as possible!
From the news that arrives directly from the show as soon as it kicks off, to the previews and videos that will soon follow. It will be a pretty hectic day and week but keeping check back for all the news, footage and information that will arrive.
This is the FULL multiplayer reveal so although some stuff will be kept secret until release, expect a lot of good stuff to come out of it.
The event is scheduled to begin at 6:00pm pacific time which means that us Europeans will have to wait up early in the morning to catch all the action as it happens. This translates to 2am British Summer Time and 3am Greenwich Mean Time.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Not to sure of this, can't believe they put marathon an lightweight back in. Too many f**king idiots using running profiles as it is knifing from a mile away.

At least tune down commando or take it away not stop marathon and lightweight being used together.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Looks pretty good, glad there is no Stopping Power or Juggernaut, means the gunfights will be a bit fairer.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Haha that guys pretty good... or the others are s**t

he said durin the live stream they were playin against the gaming press which is like shooting fish in a barrel... gimma a min il post more TDM videos

That was the gun game where once you kill someone you progress to the next weapon up ie .. pistol to akimbo pistols... good idea and came from CS i believe.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
That 3 kill streak buggy last for quit a while like, wonder if the enemy can destroy it when seen. what was the 5 kill streak?

Mk2 ph1 clio
It looks like its the napalm strike cause when he pops up the map to drop it... the cursor is like a trail of fire. ... but during that video you can here them say "Friendly carpet bomb on the way" so im curious to see if the 5killstreak is custom.. like in mw2 where you can choose what you want for 4+

Astra SRI/ Hornet
looks a step up in graffics but the rc car actually looks pants as in it leaves you very vulnerable on the ground for getting a higher streak. minigun looks like good fun and the ballistic knife is a awesome idea. any1 know if ya get to choose ya killstreaks or is it set like WAW.

looks a step up in graffics but the rc car actually looks pants as in it leaves you very vulnerable on the ground for getting a higher streak. minigun looks like good fun and the ballistic knife is a awesome idea. any1 know if ya get to choose ya killstreaks or is it set like WAW.

True, but so does the chopper gunner and AC130 on MW2.

Does look pretty good, better than I expected!

The whole credit system is a good idea, no more losing all your weapons when you rank up etc!

Where is the best place for pre-orders these days?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
didnt watch it spiezels.

but on the ac130 and chopper gunner you see if people are coming to where you are and can kill them. hope you can choose cos its as pointless as getting more ammo.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
just watched that video. attack dogs are quite high. and just noticed ya secondary is a shitty pistol like WAW. thats s**t. why would ya have a shotgun as primary when theyve already been slated for range.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'll be doing the same on this as with most other CODs. Buying it for the superb single player campaign and then that's it as far as I'm concerned. The multiplayer simply looks like another MW rehash with run 'n gun mentality and by that - boring.

That said, I'll certainly try it to see if anything new has been brought to the genre in terms of online play. There's a distinct gap in the quality of gameplay (imo) between BC2 and the COD series and from what I've seen, this does little to narrow it. So far anyway.

D.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
They need to make it like COD2 online again I think. No perks etc anything but this running profile cack. Still pop on for the odd game, shame it's not as busy as it used to be but still have some blinding games on there.

Surprised they didn't do a beta again though. Can't see it happening now this late on.

S3, Polo
Surprised they didn't do a beta again though. Can't see it happening now this late on.

The engine's not changed significantly since the dawn of time, so why would they need to test out the same old, proven net code?

:D

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I think I'll be doing the same on this as with most other CODs. Buying it for the superb single player campaign and then that's it as far as I'm concerned. The multiplayer simply looks like another MW rehash with run 'n gun mentality and by that - boring.

That said, I'll certainly try it to see if anything new has been brought to the genre in terms of online play. There's a distinct gap in the quality of gameplay (imo) between BC2 and the COD series and from what I've seen, this does little to narrow it. So far anyway.

D.

Why would ya want a game where it lasts 24 hours and every1 just camps. Running and gunning games are the way forward it's not a war game it's short little action packed battles. Bc2 isn't even close to cod in this respect which is why I play cod and traded bc in.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
BF > MW2

They need to make some serious improvements for me to go back I think despite how good it looks, you'll still end up with little c***s sprinting about/noob tubing/quick scoping.

Clio RS 182
The only problem i find with battlefield is that when you're on a team that doesn't work as one, it makes the entire game completely sh!t and it's so annoying, where as on COD you dont need to rely on your team as much, you virtually win the game single hand.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
The engine's not changed significantly since the dawn of time, so why would they need to test out the same old, proven net code?

:D

I know that, still hasn't stopped all te connection or match finder problems though.

Also just to get a reaction and to get rid of glitches like they've done before due to releasing betas.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Why would ya want a game where it lasts 24 hours and every1 just camps. Running and gunning games are the way forward it's not a war game it's short little action packed battles. Bc2 isn't even close to cod in this respect which is why I play cod and traded bc in.

Everyone just camps? Really? And of course, no one ever camps in COD? :S

Apart from adding 2,000 weapons and a further 650 perks, COD has done nothing that Soldier of Fortune II didn't already do back in 2002. Spawn shot die yawn. Been there and done that a million times over. In fact, CounterStrike did it years before that and apart from looking dated now, I think I'd still rather play CS than any recent COD online.

As for 24 hour games - which ones have you been playing??? Typically the BC2 games I've been playing haven't lasted long at all. Actually, lets prove this. I've clocked up 39hours on BC2, won 72 games and lost 91. Totalled, that's 163. Let's multiply 39 by 60 to get the total minutes = 2,340 and divide that by 163. That comes to an average of 14.36 minutes per game. Yep, mega long that... ;)

LOL at run & gun games being the way forward. That's like saying the Mario Kart excels the upcoming F1 2010 game in terms of racing feel. FPS games have so much more to offer and to strive for than running around a little map dying and reviving all the time.

The only problem i find with battlefield is that when you're on a team that doesn't work as one, it makes the entire game completely sh!t and it's so annoying, where as on COD you dont need to rely on your team as much, you virtually win the game single hand.

I totally agree - hence why team-work (even when there is a the lack of it) is just so important in this game. I still prefer that method than playing as a one-man army with my own personal arsenal of bulls**t unlocks.

D.

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
People do camp on cod but there are others that don't so you can avoid certain areas if you want.
An example from bc2 after a couple of weeks of being out. I look around for a few minutes and don't see or hear any shots I then get sniped to which there is no kill cam so don't know where it comes from so before I spawn I look around to see where every1 is and not 1 movement, every1 doing the same thing and camping on stupidly big maps.

What kind of supposedly fun game is that? If you want a whole war game then don't buy cod, it doesn't claim to be 1 and never has. What it does do is try to create a whole package for people like you who like to sit in 1 place (skilfully) waiting for some1 to walk past but then don't blame people when they get sick of you doing that so just noob tube ya in your little camping spot.

People who complain about camping just want a free flowing skilful game, people who complain about running and gunning are the people who arnt very good at the game so they camp. Simples.

S3, Polo
F*ck knows why the game mechanism of forcing teams to work together (like BC2) hasn't been used in a CoD game? I like the 'twitch shooter' arcade dynamics of CoD, but they need more depth. Sack off the f*cking overpowered MW2 killstreak bollox - CoD4 had the perk system nailed IMO...

How about a mechanism whereby each member of a team has a personal objective. They get bonuses based on time to complete said objective? Opposing teams would have to protect this objective/ prevent the opposing force from completing their task. Team-based objectives could be tied to each player completing their individual objectives. Kills simply occur whilst trying to complete your personal mission. The bigger picture would mean that you achieving your objective would be of benefit to your entire team.

Winning on kills alone is shallow and the "spawn/ kill/ die/ respawn/ repeat" mechanic gets really f*cking old. Quickly.

I'll still buy this though. Like a f*cking chump. :(