ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Normal Dans R26 Megane F1

Megane r26
So remember I won that uber cheap flocked dashboard off eBay back in November?????

Well it finally turned up this week, what a joke I know heard various reasons for it taking so long etc but it's finally here!

69033840-15E3-4401-90C2-FF79165DCAD1_zpsbnapzble.jpg

5BB576FF-37F9-4A2D-B2B8-BCB337520BD3_zpsqhfn2c9b.jpg

E5F6E1DA-050E-472E-B194-52CF155C5945_zpskgxqjorv.jpg

Technically I won it for £2.20 plus the 17.50 postage!!! Winner!

Fell out of love a little with the car of late, partly because I hadn't had chance to clean it, track it or buy parts!!!

Earlier in the week I booked Snetterton with MSV for March, new track and heard various things so time to make my own opinion, it's the 300 too!

Few bits to do before hand, up the rear Spring rates to 400lb, geo the car and add a little more camber at the front and corner weight it with me mates corner weights!

Gonna swap the front brakes out two after the Ktec black grooved discs have cracked!

Civic FN2 Track Car
Looking forward to seeing the dash fitted, have you looked at the Godspeed 330mm disc upgrade

Megane r26
Looking forward to seeing the dash fitted, have you looked at the Godspeed 330mm disc upgrade

I have done but there's not a lot of information on the actual rotor material and properties, also although it is 2 piece it isn't a proper "floating" setup.

My biggest concern when paying out for that kit is I don't want to be in the same position I am now only with rotors cracking that are going to be much more expensive!

1143CC12-4EB9-4182-B456-78B6F6ECB897_zps3wkf2dm5.jpg

That's the current disc, it's one of Ktec's black grooved discs, apparently H/C material.

I spoke to a friend who's a Motorsport tech in GP2 and he suggested adding some form of cooling to aid the discs.

He used to work for RML on the Chevy world touring cars and said in a weekend they'd get through 3 sets of rotors due to this!!!!

Fiesta ST
That flocked dash looks unreal for the price! Shame about the wait :(

Always wanted a flocked dash for my 182 but sold it before I had the chance :confounded:

Megane r26
That flocked dash looks unreal for the price! Shame about the wait :(

Always wanted a flocked dash for my 182 but sold it before I had the chance :confounded:

Yeah can't fault the quality, I'll use the company again give the chance to redeem themselves lol.

I think the only reason it didn't go for much was it ended before payday for a lot of people and just before Christmas

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have done but there's not a lot of information on the actual rotor material and properties, also although it is 2 piece it isn't a proper "floating" setup.

My biggest concern when paying out for that kit is I don't want to be in the same position I am now only with rotors cracking that are going to be much more expensive!

1143CC12-4EB9-4182-B456-78B6F6ECB897_zps3wkf2dm5.jpg

That's the current disc, it's one of Ktec's black grooved discs, apparently H/C material.

I spoke to a friend who's a Motorsport tech in GP2 and he suggested adding some form of cooling to aid the discs.

He used to work for RML on the Chevy world touring cars and said in a weekend they'd get through 3 sets of rotors due to this!!!!
Ian at Godspeed will cover he's discs for track use bud.

Megane r26
Megane 250 340mm discs. Elongate pcd to 5*108. 14mm spacers with longer bolts. Bosh!

Already been talking about this setup but running the PF 250 setup which I think is 380mm and 250 calipers as the pad has a larger surface area.

Few lads I do Trackdays with run this setup on R26's and have been for over 6 months now, just quite costly

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
PFC setup for the Mk3 is only 348mm, Im awaiting a set to show up for mine as i keep cracking OEM discs.

RE those micro cracks in the discs you posted, Thats perfectly normal for that to happen with an aggressive pad and particularly when used on track, Its only when you can get your fingernail in or they run edge to edge that i would be worried. All my discs have done it on the Megane, Granted the Mk3's brakes run stupidly hot which doesnt help matters

Megane r26
PFC setup for the Mk3 is only 348mm, Im awaiting a set to show up for mine as i keep cracking OEM discs.

RE those micro cracks in the discs you posted, Thats perfectly normal for that to happen with an aggressive pad and particularly when used on track, Its only when you can get your fingernail in or they run edge to edge that i would be worried. All my discs have done it on the Megane, Granted the Mk3's brakes run stupidly hot which doesnt help matters

380 was a guess tbh lol, I knew they were bigger then the 330 pfc all the lads used to use.

Yeah I'd go for the pfc kit but I don't think it'll be long before I start hunting for a 250 cup and forking out for them when the car could potentially be for sale, well the missus might have something to say lol

Megane r26
So new brake setup ordered, gone with another set of DS1.11's and just brembo HC discs for now till I decide on what route I want to go on the setup, also been looking at adding some sort of cooling/ducting from the fog lights to the brakes after speaking too my pal who works in GP2.

Also ordered inner and outer track rods and a new nylon bush from TFD for the inside of the steering rack. Looking at the tyres I'll definitely need a front set before Snetterton in March so they'll be getting ordered at some point!

Booking Anglesey next week as well as that's on the bucket list for circuits I'd like to do this year!

It did have a sticky moment on Monday, had to take the old man to pay for his new motor to a local garage where I fell in love with a nice m135i, 2013 model 20k on the clock in white with the 7speed auto/semi auto box in!

Kind of talked myself out of it although I've got to go back Saturday! I'm like a f**king magpie! Worst thing is I text the missus and her reply was "buy it if you want,you've had this car a while!" Lol

Megane r26
Lmao along with rich piana in the corner. Buy the bmw!

Yeah keeps popping up, his "Bigger by the Day" the geezer is off his face on gear look at the colour of him lol.

The BMW was a nice idea saw it again today, would be a great car but expensive to track especially if it went tits up!

Megane r26
Haha was trying to convince @Mr Burns to buy one yesterday. Such amazing cars

Yeah car got a lot of interest so far but going to stick with the R26 for now as soon as I buy a 250 I'll be throwing 6k doing what I've just done to the R26 in the last 12 months and with hoping to buy a second house in the next 6 months or so I'm going to have to keep myself contained as any possible cash I may have to stump up.

Also got me wedding in 6 months but luckily the money's in the bank to pay the remainder lol

Megane r26
So these turned up this week,

8F2C787D-5A04-4DDF-9830-A08940096BFE_zpstmum1do2.jpg

Had the pads through JJC, muchos discount and next day delivery and the discs from Kam racing again next day great service.

Booked Anglesey this morning with opentrack, another one to tick off just need to book the hotel but leaving that to me pal.

Also emailed TFD in regards to upping me rear spring rates [emoji106]

Swift Sport
Is that Craig Barley on the box? I've noticed that my car is 2 seconds faster to 60mph if I drink Barley water before I set off. Maybe you should try it!

Megane r26
So really getting excited now so to speak, only 6 weeks till me first Trackday this year at Snetterton and going to aim to do one a month from March till November and ring trip!!

So brakes are here as you've seen, already got the TFD rack bush and inner track rods from Renault parts direct.

Still waiting on the TRW rod ends from mister auto but finally got me BC racing 7kg springs and dampers to suit with remote adjusters on that will help with turn in and hopefully carry more speed mid corner ;)

Pictures to come!!!!

Now looking at seating options, weight loss (car of course) roll cage and GRP panels along with a load of replacement powerflex bushes!

Megane r26
So then a few more bits ordered today, still waiting on my BC upgraded rear package but estimated delivery is either back end of this week or early next week.

So today I woke up and thought sod I'm ordering me new seats and harnesses so I can have them in before my first Trackday in March.

Spoke to Gareth and Felix at GSM in Nottingham and after a long chat I've decided to go for the Bimarco Futura. They come bigger then most manufacturers GT (wide) fitment which is handy for myself at 6ft1 and a smudge under 16st.

Whole reason I went for these is they seem to get really good reviews, there FIA approved so have to meet some form of standard and Gareth at GSM highly rated them and also I couldn't warrant spending over 1200 quid on a car that on a good day is worth somewhere in the 6k region.

62221F8D-24D6-4442-81B5-0AF90E141353_zpsbkp2bnos.gif

Unfortunately Ktec seem to be the only people that manufacturers a subframe for the mk2 Megane so purchased 2 of those

D2E7D15B-321E-42A4-AEC8-058D6C9E1767_zpsuaca2wck.jpg

And then a set of 4 point harnesses from demon tweeks, these are 3 inch items so nice big straps

0607DC3B-4310-4891-8779-3E545E438704_zpscjtzj42i.png

So next couple of weeks I can't wait to get cracking, also going to strip the hell out the rear [emoji106]

Megane r26

Attachments

• AC4196EC-16CF-48E4-AF07-A4255565A5B4_zps2o4icwlu.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 92

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Looking forward to seeing the seats in - I've fancied these for ages.

Megane r26
Looking forward to seeing the seats in - I've fancied these for ages.

Cheers mate, the recaros are great on the road but they just don't off the support on the track and it does get to the point where your using the steering wheel to hold on which is never right!

Heard plenty of good things about the seats so can't wait either

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The Recaros are w**k, I've always stood by that.

I'm looking into those Sparco tilt frames that allow a fixed bucket to tilt forward so I can still get the nipper in - Not really finding much info on them though!

Shame you had to get K-tax frames though - I'd have to cover that logo!

Megane r26
The Recaros are w**k, I've always stood by that.

I'm looking into those Sparco tilt frames that allow a fixed bucket to tilt forward so I can still get the nipper in - Not really finding much info on them though!

Shame you had to get K-tax frames though - I'd have to cover that logo!

Yeah, I'm lucky in that department as we have a 1 series too that's pretty practical

Yeah unfortunately after searching high and low they seem to be the only people the produce a seat frame for the mk2 but can't fault there service as they'll be here tomorrow