ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No space for disc washer!

I changed the discs and pads a while back and ordered a disc washer as one was missing, but when it came to fitting it I couldn't pull the caliper close enough to get the bolts back in. Without the washer the bolts only just go in.
I've wound the piston in, double checked everything and I'm stumped. Has anyone had this before?

172 cup and the components are -

Brembo HC discs.
Brembo OEM pads.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Get a washer dryer, then put the dish washer where the tumble dryer was and plumb in.

... Oh.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Back OT, you are putting the washer on the rear discs aren't you?

The washer is/was on the correct way round, and on the back. I'm very busy for the next few days so won't be able to get pics but imagine putting two washers on, the caliper wouldn't slide out far enough to get the bolts in, and that's what's happening but with just the one washer if that makes any sense.

I've taken the two 17mm bolts out, these ones -
gu7epena.jpg

Also, I have got the piston groove lined up with the little tab, nipple or whatever on the back of the pad.

RS2004
Sorry for asking :eek: but handbrake was released when you wound the piston in or try to put the pad holder back on of course

Cup In bits
Your caliper is seized on the slides or partially seized, you do know it slides on the two opposing bolts from the ones you have circled.

I did have the handbrake off, and the caliper moved smoothly on the sliders, I took the carrier off to check and it moves a fair bit, it just needs an extra 10mm!

I wound it in until it literally wouldn't budge, it's starting to annoy me now and the weather is so s**t I can't even walk to the car without getting f**king soaked let alone do anything to it.

I still need to change the fluid in the brakes so I'll try winding it further back while doing it.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
^ I presume he means something is to "c o c k " mate

Try get a pic up asap (i appreciate its dark and not right nice outside!)

Right well there's no chance of getting the wheel off as there's no space outside to jack it up and the cars on a sloped drive, but these are the best I could get I'm afraid.

yqujeheg.jpg
hu7e9upu.jpg
3avuda6a.jpg
by3a6y9e.jpg

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
hmmm its definitely a strange one.
im guessing you got the washer from him as well?

are you also getting full movement on the sliders??

Yeah got the washer from G as well. I suspect it's the sliders but I'll get a pic of how far in I can get the piston when it won't wind in any more, and how far the caliper slides both ways.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
don't know if someone has mentioned it but make sure the reservoir cap is off as well.
iirc leaving the cap on can cause a build up of pressure in the system that stops the piston going fully home