ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Nicole" - The Clio 182 budget track car project

N-B

Clio
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum having only purchased a RS 182 recently with my friend Gary. We're going to turn it into a track day toy.

Made a little video of us going to buy it. Going to try to post videos of each step of the modifications we make.

Neil.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 170

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Welcome to the forum.

I have been watching and enjoying your adventures so far, always of interest as I have a very similar project on the go.

It gets expensive...

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I did start a thread on your videos a few weeks ago....

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/road-race-budget-track-car-clio-182-youtube-series.812637/

I’ve being enjoying the updates. I think a lot of people that can relate to your up coming adventures, myself included. My car started in a similar fashion but as many it all got abit out of hand!

Just watched tonight’s video, why buy a new exhaust? There are plenty of second hand ones about. You could then use the spare money to update the engine mounts or something else that will make a huge improvement. I found a Magnex cat back exhaust for £100 from a breaker on eBay. New is circa £400-£450. After all it’s a ‘cheap track car’.......

Keep up the good work!

N-B

Clio
Welcome to the forum.

I have been watching and enjoying your adventures so far, always of interest as I have a very similar project on the go.

It gets expensive...
Thanks mate, glad you like it. Saw you've had your's remapped. Would you recommend it? Is there much to gain?

N-B

Clio
I did start a thread on your videos a few weeks ago....

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/road-race-budget-track-car-clio-182-youtube-series.812637/

I’ve being enjoying the updates. I think a lot of people that can relate to your up coming adventures, myself included. My car started in a similar fashion but as many it all got abit out of hand!

Just watched tonight’s video, why buy a new exhaust? There are plenty of second hand ones about. You could then use the spare money to update the engine mounts or something else that will make a huge improvement. I found a Magnex cat back exhaust for £100 from a breaker on eBay. New is circa £400-£450. After all it’s a ‘cheap track car’.......

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for posted the vids, didn't realise you had! That's a very good idea about a used exhaust. We've had a look around and think we might have a an option...

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Thanks mate, glad you like it. Saw you've had your's remapped. Would you recommend it? Is there much to gain?

Mine has the RS Tuner remap. You lose the 5k kick but have more power more of the time. It is an improvement and a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion but don't expect much (if any) higher bhp at peak power. A friend of mine already had the RS Tuner device so I only needed to buy the unlock code which was around £100.

N-B

Clio
Here's a picture of Nicole on the track for the first time. We made a video of how she performed without any mods and did a benchmark lap time.
clio on track thumb.jpg