ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road & Race budget track car Clio 182 (YouTube series)

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
So this popped up on my YouTube feed....

Should be interesting................. or will it? So many have done this before.

£4K budget (inc car @ £850). I can relate to this as can many in here?

What would you do?

If I did it again (with their budget) it would be standard brake callipers with updated pads etc, poly bushes, coilovers, half cage (full with more budget), better seats & harnesses, some NS2Rs etc, bit of weight loss and leave the engine alone......

Lots of second hand bargains out there (exhausts etc)

How many stereo types can they get in (already had the obvious French electrics)?

172 Turbo
I'd save another grand and find someone selling a turbo'd 172 with a diff for 5k.

Oh Hi!

Having been there and spent the money myself, I'd not bother again, it just meant I spent weeks and months getting the car together. From my 172 Cup having the gearbox removed, it was 10 weeks until I drove it for mapping and then another 2 weeks until I drove it in anger.

ford fiesta 2004
That’s a good watch and exactly what I did. Whittled down the choice of car to a clio and now just need to find one. My budget is £3k, what do you do buy standard and modify with new and used parts or buy one already at a decent level. I’m purely looking for a road legal track toy, I won’t be driving much around the streets.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Enjoyed that, be interesting to see where it goes and if they contract the modding bug like so many on here ha

172 Turbo
@daniel jephcott Find one pretty much done to how you want it, I paid £3k for my turbo'd 172, just to get to the standard it was would be thousands more.

The market won't be good over the next few months so if you hold on you should get a good spec for your money.

I've got mine on the market at 6k, but that includes extras such as extra track wheels, brake pads, etc. and the car probably owes around 10-11k

ford fiesta 2004
@daniel jephcott Find one pretty much done to how you want it, I paid £3k for my turbo'd 172, just to get to the standard it was would be thousands more.

The market won't be good over the next few months so if you hold on you should get a good spec for your money.

I've got mine on the market at 6k, but that includes extras such as extra track wheels, brake pads, etc. and the car probably owes around 10-11k

I had found quite a good specd car which I was meant to be viewing today. Full welded cage, buckets, coilovers, decent discs and pads and all the normal updates bushes etc for £3k. It was a low miles 182 but just couldn’t reach an agreement with the guy.

Really wanted to get atleast one track day in before the end of the year but I’ll keep holding out.

Always dangerous having money in the bank.