ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick172Cup's 3rd! 'TrackCup' Progress Blog.

Haven't really done a lot to the car for ages after missing the last race of this year, but my brother said he'd still like to get a couple of pictures of the car as it is...

DSC06676_zps3a6707e9.jpg

DSC06677_zpse3323d99.jpg

DSC06678_zps54335733.jpg

DSC06697_zps607aab46.jpg

DSC06700_zpsdae32558.jpg

DSC06684_zps9881c2d4.jpg

DSC06685_zps1262d03d.jpg

DSC06686_zpse486067b.jpg

DSC06695_zpsfa69bc1b.jpg

DSC06696_zps974a3737.jpg

Cheers
Nick

Looking good Nick.

Contrats on passing your ARDS.

Cheers Mark! :)

Everywhere I look I see this.

Get on with it.

Yeah yeah, no mega rush now. Don't think ill bother doing any testing this year now, more start saving the pennies for next year.

You need to decide what you're doing with yours!

Looking good mate, you got your first race sorted for next year ?

Cheers Adam. There's a couple of provisional races in the calendar for next year, but nothings planned 100% as yet.

Looking good mate, like what you have done with the brake cooling. are you going to leave it open? does it have deflector plates in (is that allowed in production regs?).

The bumper came like it Sonny, copied from when I originally came up with the idea from my old Cup. I do have another bumper that I can attach a fog light surround onto if people get funny about it. There is some sheet ally both sides that acts as protection to the lower pulleys on the engine, it does however have a part that deflects onto the disks but no actual ducting going to it.

Looks great sweetcheeks! I don't expect it to be as 'ding free' this time next year. ;)

Thanks Bear! I'm under no illusions that it'll look like it does come the end of next year, as long as panels hold themselves on then that's all I'm worried about! lol

I think we ruled out ducting, but have to wait and see.

I haven't read the regs in a while, seems like lots of things have changed. If they keep on changing it looks like I'll be racing in a different series then, as taking further things off the car from the original good proposed regs is getting tiresome.

Nick

WRX
Stop moaning and get it out there. There's more scope than I thought there was going to be when I first spoke with Tony. It is possible to race a totally standard car, despite what some might say. With things that are allowed, we wouldn't be coming last, if we'd have been out this year.

182cup & 172 racecar
I haven't read the regs in a while, seems like lots of things have changed. If they keep on changing it looks like I'll be racing in a different series then, as taking further things off the car from the original good proposed regs is getting tiresome.

Nick

You just said you haven't got any ducting?

I don't keep changing them, it's Steves baby not mine.