ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Next Gen/PC] GTA V

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Loving this tbh, graphics are decent enough and my setup is raping the fps with everything up, im happy and only had a couple of crashes so far when playing with settings :) :) :)

Titanium 182
Little tip which actually improved my FPS by at least 5-10fps. Once the game has loaded, alt-tab out and load task manager (CTRL ALT DEL) and close the GTA V Launcher exe. You could also set the CPU priority or the GTA V process to high but this did cause crashes for me so maybe just leave that one. The closure of the launcher should be automatic by the looks of it but clearly not, despite the fact it only takes 100k of memory it certainly has an impact on performance.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to using K&M on this, tbh. Driving on the 360 version was great with the pad and walking about wasn't too bad. But I couldn't aim for s**t with the guns - frustratingly so.

Looking forward to using K&M on this, tbh. Driving on the 360 version was great with the pad and walking about wasn't too bad. But I couldn't aim for s**t with the guns - frustratingly so.

Haha yep tell me about it!

For some reason though, aiming with the mouse does feel a little "off" with GTA, not sure what it is.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not had any issues with mouse accel using direct input tbh but im not getting under 70fps at any point so might not noticed it given your previous comments. The only 'issue' I have is that the map/menus are abit laggy at times, more than usable though.

Also apparently ive completed 13% of the game with 5 hours game time?! Assuming thats main missions only as it seems really high!

Titanium 182
You playing on highest Greeny? That's a nice constant FPS! Anyone else notice as soon as you approach a convertible their roof is in the process of being put away? Ruining my immersion lol

There is some sort of mouse acceleration as apparently someone has discovered it's bugged! It increases and decreases with framerate lol. Will probably be sorted on the first patch. *edit it's simply mouse sensitivity, but it will definitely result in 'off' input.

Link for anyone interested:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/32ju8l/mouse_acceleration_issue_identified/

I'm glad it's not just me that noticed it, coming from FPS games it just didn't feel right!

Don't know if you guys noticed this:

uPOqDhG.png

f**king hilarious some of the stuff Trevor comes out with!

If any of you have a f**k about save like me. This is the cheat engine way of getting money.
Before people moan, I don't play online so I'm not putting myself at an advantage.

1.) Download Cheat Engine and intall it
2.) Then Open GTA 5 for PC in Cheat Engine
3.) Go into GTA 5 Single Player and switch to a character that has money
4.) Got money and services and select LCN
5.) Buy 11 shares in any stock that is Green
6.) Then Switch Over To Cheat Engine and set the value to 11 and click First Scan
7.) Go Back to GTA 5 and sell one stock
8.) Go Back to Cheat Engine and change the value to 10
9.) Go Back to GTA 5 and sell one stock
10.) Go Back to Cheat Engine and change the value to 9
11.) Go Back to GTA 5 and sell one stock
12.) Go Back to Cheat Engine and change the value to 8
13.) Then click on the last item that shows up under address
14.) Now change the value to 999999999999
15.) Go into GTA 5 and sell all stocks and enjoy the money

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yep that's it - Install Hola in chrome, go to Nuuvem, make an account (without Hola enabled), then once made and verified, login and switch Hola to Brazil VPN, checkout and boom, GTA5 for £20 :smile:.

It's not region locked whatsoever :smile:.

Just says unavailable on that website now, looks like I missed out haha.

Titanium 182
Managed to get myself up to $1.5m tonight from x2 stock market traders on the Lester assassination missions! Don't think money is too much of an issue in this edition of GTA!

2014 Focus Titanium
Not had any issues with mouse accel using direct input tbh but im not getting under 70fps at any point so might not noticed it given your previous comments. The only 'issue' I have is that the map/menus are abit laggy at times, more than usable though.

Also apparently ive completed 13% of the game with 5 hours game time?! Assuming thats main missions only as it seems really high!

If you don't have any issues with mouse acceleration being on then you don't know what not having mouse acceleration feels like! (Not having a go)

Like Addicted I'm an fps gamer and coming from CSGO where there is 0 mouse accel, I can feel a f**k load on GTA and it's annoying.

That being said, Rockstar have f**king delivered with this game! It's amazing! So we'll optimised for PC, to say I'm very impressed is an understatement.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
If you don't have any issues with mouse acceleration being on then you don't know what not having mouse acceleration feels like! (Not having a go)

Like Addicted I'm an fps gamer and coming from CSGO where there is 0 mouse accel, I can feel a f**k load on GTA and it's annoying.

That being said, Rockstar have f**king delivered with this game! It's amazing! So we'll optimised for PC, to say I'm very impressed is an understatement.

I've been an fps gamer for years, played CS since 1.0, GO is awful btw, not that I have the time to get serious with it any more anyway :p ESL Pro Series player in CSS and i-series runner up with 1.6 back in the day, anyway enough willy waving, believe me I know what accel is, there is some, but not enough for me to care/cry about.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You playing on highest Greeny? That's a nice constant FPS! Anyone else notice as soon as you approach a convertible their roof is in the process of being put away? Ruining my immersion lol

Yup everything on full, and one of the distance options on full in the advanced settings, didnt notice any difference using the other options in there, GPU's are getting a little hot but that's probably because they aren't the ideal coolers for SLI :tongueout: They get hotter in other games though so all good, safe to say I won't be overvolting these to much though lol. FPS sits between 70-200, usually around the 100 mark but drops to 70 odd with alot going on when the sun sets I seem to have found, this in 1080p btw, didn't manage to get the 1440p monitor I wanted as the ASUS ROG price is just retarded and I don't want a shitty import 120hz IPS panel :tongueout:

2014 Focus Titanium
I've been an fps gamer for years, played CS since 1.0, GO is awful btw, not that I have the time to get serious with it any more anyway :p ESL Pro Series player in CSS and i-series runner up with 1.6 back in the day, anyway enough willy waving, believe me I know what accel is, there is some, but not enough for me to care/cry about.

That sat me down! Haha. No worries dude, (I've played since 1.3, we got the quarters of i17 on 1.6 back in the day, and I think GO is the best iteration yet!)

I don't expect GTA to have aiming like an FPS such as CS but it does annoy me the level of accel, hopefully they'll patch it but even if they don't it's still awesome!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The custom soundtrack feature is great - just drag and drop the MP3 files into the relevant folder and scan in-game and your music is all used in one of the selectable radio stations named "Self Radio", which (optionally) breaks up the songs with chatter and news reports related to the story to sound like a real radio station.

The custom soundtrack feature is great - just drag and drop the MP3 files into the relevant folder and scan in-game and your music is all used in one of the selectable radio stations named "Self Radio", which (optionally) breaks up the songs with chatter and news reports related to the story to sound like a real radio station.

You can do it via shortcuts too, so if you have your music elsewhere, just put a shortcut to the folder in there :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
Game looks beautiful but has crashed on me a good few times, so frustrating!! I completed it on the 360, was going to get it on the Xbox One but decided on this as it's the "definitive" edition, I just want it to run ok :(

Will try again tonight after work!!

Didn't know it had news reports too, that's awesome, I better hook mine up :).

Titanium 182
Game looks beautiful but has crashed on me a good few times, so frustrating!! I completed it on the 360, was going to get it on the Xbox One but decided on this as it's the "definitive" edition, I just want it to run ok 😧

Will try again tonight after work!!
Anything overclocked? Is it just freezing completely? Mine was crashing too but it was after someone told me to change CPU priority to high, didn't like it.
One way to get out of the crash without having to restart PC is alt-tab until you can see the cursor visible where the start menu should be, then do alt-tab followed by alt-f4, keep doing it until the game closes! You'll get it lol

Honda. Tesla Someday
Anything overclocked? Is it just freezing completely? Mine was crashing too but it was after someone told me to change CPU priority to high, didn't like it.
One way to get out of the crash without having to restart PC is alt-tab until you can see the cursor visible where the start menu should be, then do alt-tab followed by alt-f4, keep doing it until the game closes! You'll get it lol
Yeah I have an overclock running on my graphics card.... Hmmm I'll try it out with stock speeds and see how I get one, thank you!!

Edit: yes freezing completely / sometimes black screening!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Check event viewer and see if you have any GPU related errors when it crashed, usually something along the lines on "Driver had an issue and stopped responding" fairly obvious when you look though tbh.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Forgot to mention and can't edit it now... These event errors usually occur when your GPU drivers causes a game to crash due to your overclock and the driver stops responding.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Cool, I'll check it all out when I get in - appreciate the advice!!
Will be surprised if its the OC causing the crash, everything else still seems to run fine. Saying that though, GTA V is hammering my card more than anything lol!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Farcry 4 seems to crash mine more than any others, does look great though. I also managed to kill an old card overvolting it with a bios flash in Cyrsis3, it was watercooled as well, not good :p

Titanium 182
Yea as above, certain games will 'push' the card more. Often they won't come close to the OC speeds so unless you've properly stress tested them then games like GTA V will do it for you lol. I've never had my cards get to 60 degrees either but GTA V is making my PC sound like a hair dryer.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yea as above, certain games will 'push' the card more. Often they won't come close to the OC speeds so unless you've properly stress tested them then games like GTA V will do it for you lol. I've never had my cards get to 60 degrees either but GTA V is making my PC sound like a hair dryer.
Mine tops out at about 62degrees with GTA V and it's always going to max speed lol! Must be the OC crashing it then lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Mine tops out at about 62degrees with GTA V and it's always going to max speed lol! Must be the OC crashing it then lol

One of mine sits at 80 odd in games that require it, it's fine tbh, would be worried nearer 90!