ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Next Gen/PC] GTA V

Has anyone bought the disc version for PC? Does you always need to have a disc in when you play it? I really don't want that, but 60gb will take me an age to download

Honda. Tesla Someday
Has anyone bought the disc version for PC? Does you always need to have a disc in when you play it? I really don't want that, but 60gb will take me an age to download
I have it, nope disc not required at all after install. 😌:up:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So think twice about using it for now, rediculous.
I disagree in this case mate... I think it's probably a good thing.

First of all, Rockstar want to 'protect' their baby. After so much time and effort in delivering what is a very impressive game, I think that's fair on their part.
Secondly, it's not really a safe 'mod' that we're talking about here. It's using DLL injection where external (and potentially malicious) code is being inserted and executed. There have been cases recently where similar DLL hooks have resulted in malicious code causing havoc on client and server setups due execution of foreign, malicious code. Whilst I'm a fan of prolonging and enhancing a game through mods, I think there's a right way and wrong way to do it. I just think this is the wrong way :)

I disagree in this case mate... I think it's probably a good thing.

First of all, Rockstar want to 'protect' their baby. After so much time and effort in delivering what is a very impressive game, I think that's fair on their part.
Secondly, it's not really a safe 'mod' that we're talking about here. It's using DLL injection where external (and potentially malicious) code is being inserted and executed. There have been cases recently where similar DLL hooks have resulted in malicious code causing havoc on client and server setups due execution of foreign, malicious code. Whilst I'm a fan of prolonging and enhancing a game through mods, I think there's a right way and wrong way to do it. I just think this is the wrong way :smile:

I can see why they've done it, but it's just laziness banning it altogether, rather than banning it just for multiplayer which it should be imo.

After all the bullshit with Steam/Bestheda over the paid mods, this will likely blow up and I'm for mods tbh - sure it's dll injection, but it's always been that way (in the earlier GTA's also) and you cannot easily mod it otherwise.

Yea I have been reading it, I never went online on the consoles and can't see me going online on the PC either tbh. PC copy was purely purchased for mods tbh! I'd like to see the sales figure for GTAIV if mods where banned from that? Mods keep that alive.

The way the mods are installed has always been the same with DLL's. I think the creator has his name dotted about a bit too much to try anything dodgy tbh.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
GTA5%202015-05-06%2023-04-42-96.png

I can't believe how well it runs for how good it looks TBH. Very nice work.

Titanium 182
Just finished the main story line, fantastic game. Bit of an ubrupt ending IMO but still really enjoyed it. Ending up with about $500,000,000 on Franklin :tongueclosed:

Am I being stupid or can you not take out insurance on single player? I am sick of spending thousands modding a car and then losing the damned thing!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Just finished the main story line, fantastic game. Bit of an ubrupt ending IMO but still really enjoyed it. Ending up with about $500,000,000 on Franklin :tongueclosed:

Am I being stupid or can you not take out insurance on single player? I am sick of spending thousands modding a car and then losing the damned thing!

Go to a police station and theres some garages you can pay $250 to get the cars back (your last two cars excluding destroyed cars).

Honda. Tesla Someday
Upgraded my whole rig and now this game is running on "very high/ultra" settings silky smooth! It's a joy to play!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I'm on occasionally, DJJonnio.

Sometimes end up on with a mate and another guy waiting for a fourth.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Weird things keep cropping up in MP.

Attachments

• 2015-05-23_00001.jpg
    2015-05-23_00001.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 153