ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Astra Twintop
I may be tempted IF they fit on Non-Sport............

Any idea before i ping the seller a email!

n/a
is it wrong to be excited?:rasp: i might order a set 2 :approve:. what a price for coilovers bargain for that price .

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Sorry to dissapoint guys but cookie-jnr off here was unable to get back from his trip to help and the weather is also been grim so we are putting it off to either saturday evening or sunday morning, but promise to take pics and give you all a detailed report.

Bondie

Clio 182
They say "FK are affordable coilovers for affordable price".
[youtube]NDgyKe4LD7A[/youtube]

Now imagine, Raceland coils are cheaper than FK. :eek: But tbh they are that cheap that you don't waste a lot of money IF they broke. Shame that they lower the car almost too much for me. Post a pic with highest setings

Mk2 172
surely the question to ask is WHY are they so cheap? Not being synical, but nothing is cheap and good at the same time usually.

cheap because they have cheap parts in them and are very cheaply made.
Will probably last 12 months, maybe. You get what u pay for end of!!

3 Series touring
I may be tempted IF they fit on Non-Sport............

Any idea before i ping the seller a email!

emailed raceland yesterday, and was told they dont make them for the renault clio....but here we are seeing people fit them to clios

so i guess thats as clear as mud!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
emailed raceland yesterday, and was told they dont make them for the renault clio....but here we are seeing people fit them to clios

so i guess thats as clear as mud!

Thats interesting. Maybe they fit as same spec as another car (not sure what), or maybe the seller has modified them to fit. And do they def fit, has anyone actually fitted them to the car yet?

Clio 182
Raceland brand from China makes them for Clio. :rasp: Real Racleand should do something about stealing their brand name. :nono:

3 Series touring
Raceland brand from China makes them for Clio. :rasp: Real Racleand should do something about stealing their brand name. :nono:

ahaaa, i thought they looked too good to be selling coilovers for £160

i shall try and find a way to contact "chineese raceland"!

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
on the box it has the raceland logo and it say's printed on the box clio b rs.
Bondie

the coilovers wont be that bad, my mate had a set on his old leon cupra r and they were good , really smooth and handled well , were close to the kw v3's i had on my leon cupra r at the time , dont be put of by the price , i bought a set of jamex coilovers once and they were just cheap ling long ones with bits sprayed on them !!! you have got to remember that companies have got to make a good profit out of bits so the easiest way is to buy from poor countries where the labour rate is cheap , that way if you buy direct from the supplier you get them cheap without the english dealers whacking there price on them !!!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Do raceland have a website? I had a quick look and can't find one, but i might be being retarded!

172, Tiguan
cheap because they have cheap parts in them and are very cheaply made.
Will probably last 12 months, maybe. You get what u pay for end of!!

True, but as has been stated, these have a 24 month warrenty. So regardless, they'll last 2 years. lol.

And I found myself laughing at the FK vid. Are we supposed to stop buying FK's because of that then? The internet is full of old wives tales and gossip. Most on here just fit what somebody else told them to fit anyway!

These coilovers are cheap, we realise they are cheap, but at £160 its worth a punt I reckon. And to get TUV approval they can't be that badly made.

If they are crap then I spend an evening taking them off and flog them on. Simples.

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv just briefly had a read through this but im guessing this wont fit a non sport Mk2 Ph1?

'53 172 Cup
What are the chances of them fitting a 172 cup... a piece broke of the spring of my front ns standard susp... really need to replace them asap!?! This would make it sooner rather thatn later... !!

In fact recommendations would be welcome for a new set!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
the coilovers wont be that bad, my mate had a set on his old leon cupra r and they were good , really smooth and handled well , were close to the kw v3's i had on my leon cupra r at the time , dont be put of by the price , i bought a set of jamex coilovers once and they were just cheap ling long ones with bits sprayed on them !!! you have got to remember that companies have got to make a good profit out of bits so the easiest way is to buy from poor countries where the labour rate is cheap , that way if you buy direct from the supplier you get them cheap without the english dealers whacking there price on them !!!
My mate mate had jam ex corsa springs, i swear thety were made of granite

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
15-30mm drop on rear seems a bit junk for the huge drop u can put on the front :S

S3, Polo
:dead: ^ It's *clearly* a typo! Dropping the front by 210mm would put the wheel through the arch!

172, Tiguan
Can you do me a favour? If you get time can you take pics of them on highest and lowest settings front and back please? Also comments on ease of fitment and if you needed to do anything to them.

Mine are looking like arriving the back end of next week. :D

Cooksport Fleet
Can you do me a favour? If you get time can you take pics of them on highest and lowest settings front and back please? Also comments on ease of fitment and if you needed to do anything to them.

Mine are looking like arriving the back end of next week. :D

Yeah, not a problem. Bondie should be her in just over an hour.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
The back doesnt go down very far imo, how much would a set of custom springs be for these?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
hmmmm im so tempted to get these cheep 24 month warranty and tuv approved so gotta be good to get tuv approved. I need some reviews to help me enter a bid in for them though

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
My review is in the ebay section.
Reality is these are Austrian made TUV approved coilovers for £165 delivered.
Worst case scenario if the internals fail in 2 years i will fit some Koni inserts, the bodies themselves are worth alot more than what your paying!!.
Love the sceptics on here, usually because theyve paid alot more for their coilovers!!;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My review is in the ebay section.
Reality is these are Austrian made TUV approved coilovers for £165 delivered.
Worst case scenario if the internals fail in 2 years i will fit some Koni inserts, the bodies themselves are worth alot more than what your paying!!.
Love the sceptics on here, usually because theyve paid alot more for their coilovers!!;)

In your pic is that the rear settled? im thinking of getting some for my car but i would want the rear lower :dapprove:

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
In your pic is that the rear settled? im thinking of getting some for my car but i would want the rear lower :dapprove:

No that was literally taken when all 4 wheels hit the deck, car has settled another inch, will be raising it up tomorrow as i want it to be driveable and i hate reverse rake!

Mk2 172

Ive never heard so much CRAP in all my life!!! nearly as good as KW3's!! Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.