ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Right let me just start by saying i have not bought these for track use although i might test if i fell their okay, they were bought due to my front shocks have gone and it was the cheaper option then going to the stealers. Now i know their are peopleout their they are just going to say their s**t because their sooooo cheap but you never know what their like until their fitted and tested.

They are made by a company called Raceland, they have been suppling the Golf's & Saxo's for year and the golf boys say these are better then other more expensive coilovers. I had a set of these on my saxo and they were awsome. Raceland make induction kits, bucket seats, cages to suspension. These coliover were advertised on ebay at £170 delivered, i put in a offer of £160 deliverd which was accepted by the seller in Germany.

They are TUV approved so all good, they are fully adjustable also. I will be fitting them early next week and will get a write up on the forum. But if they do turn out to be awful ive only lost £160 but they do have a 2 year warrenty.

Pics comming up

Bondie

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
13012010076.jpg

Also come with 3 spanners to adjust.

Bondie

Last edited:
  clio 172
Could well be an absolute bargain, plus like you say if you only spent £160 you have saved money anyway, rather than getting front shocks

PH1 iceburg
This should be an interesting read when someone has them fitted and tested.

For £30 more thean a set of eibach springs these could be bargain of the year.

DMS

A thirsty 172
If they're as good as the standard suspension setup or better, that's an absolute bargain.
Very interested to see how they perform.
Fixed damping I assume?

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Your not alone Bondie. Checkout this topic over in the Ebay section.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=477803

Someone off here has also bought some and is going to be fitting them to a Ph1 172.

No-one appears to have actually fit them yet however so theres no reviews!

Yeah ive seen that thread this guys has atcually fitted his but aint really reveiwed them as of yet. But between the both of us im sure we can give you all a decent review.

Yeah DMS they are

Golf GTD Mk7
surely the question to ask is WHY are they so cheap? Not being synical, but nothing is cheap and good at the same time usually.

surely the question to ask is WHY are they so cheap? Not being synical, but nothing is cheap and good at the same time usually.

exactly my thinking, posted the same in the other thread.

its all well and good them being cheaper than standard shocks, but if they make it handle worse than standard. i dont see the point. dont get me wrong im tempted as my shocks are nakered, im just keen to see some peoples, who know what they are talking about, reviews first.

so, bondie, get outside and get them fitted ;)

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Like i said you never know until tested, they may be awful but i will let all you guys know

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
exactly my thinking, posted the same in the other thread.

its all well and good them being cheaper than standard shocks, but if they make it handle worse than standard. i dont see the point. dont get me wrong im tempted as my shocks are nakered, im just keen to see some peoples, who know what they are talking about, reviews first.

so, bondie, get outside and get them fitted ;)

f**k that its still snowing here plus cant get the car out lmao!

Titanium 182
As I said before they look identical (apart from colour) to my KTR ones. If they're basically the same thing I feel a little bit ripped off.

Monaco 53/468
My brother had these on his mk2 Golf, they're hard but VERY good for the money. A mate also had them on his Civic and managed to snap the rear one twice and they just posted him new ones each time.

Really defines the word 'value' IMO

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
just asked if they are availble for cup fitment

I asked if these would fit a ph1 172 at the weekend and the seller said they wouldn't. Clearly they will though. So I'm not sure if he will be able to help you with other fitments.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Think I'd rather have standard bits than cheap coilovers, but good luck to you fella.

S3, Polo
I fitted Eibachs about 2 months ago, so I'm not in the market for coilovers - Though I wonder why they're so cheap?

For comparison - - - -

Raceland (£160):

13012010076.jpg

K-Tec Racing (£351 from their site):

KTR_COILOVERS172.jpg

Similar, it has to be said, but the differences are probably in the internals?

3 Series touring
Raceland, if you dig around on other forums, thge BMW boys seem happy with them , good review on some VW sites too
just need 1.2 fitment now :(

phase 2 172
i had a lot of raceland stuff on my old saxo vts .4 branch manifold ,cage and a induction kit .and they are great value for money .i know it seems too good to be true .but in my experience all the gear i have had off them was great .example s/s 4 branch manifold brand new 110 pound at the time .i did the same thing as the guy with the coilovers .they were advertised for x amount .and i made a offer and got it .

Status
Not open for further replies.