ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Can whoever is deleting my posts offer me the courtesy via PM as to why please.
Its not a defamatory remark to anyone so please at least give me an explanation..
Censorship at its best for absolutely no reason at all...
I take it Revels & Fuzzy Orange's comments are to be removed too?

Clio 182
One little question. Do I need anything else to buy before install? Like top mounts or anything? Or will they fit bolt on? I don't know anything about front shocks and upper parts of it.
Sorry for my Engrish. :eek:

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
fitted a set earlier today, mine spine is in pain!

How much suspension travel does the car have?
Ie did the owner request for it to be low and therefore sitting on the bumpstops?, i dont doubt i could get my car to ride like a piece of shite if it was sitting on the bumpstops,
As it is it rides better than the oem Ph1 172 stuff i removed so i find it strange that the car you fitted them too is from what i can make out by that comment harsh?.

Lionel Richie
its quite low, but still has plenty of travel (front platforms were approx halfway up the strut tube) maybe its just the roads of birmingham, but it was certainly firm!

172 FF Ph2
Wow this is the the thread of the moment isn't it! I seem to have missed quite a bit! Is it still about the coil overs? 35 pages felt like 300!

Is there a funky forum rating poll or something we can set up so people with them rate them in a easy to look at format? I dunno I just think that would be good?

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
mate ill be doing a full write up later but f**k me there is so much difference! the handling is the best part about it, still quiet stiff but so much nicer then what i had on before! and to be fair fred, those industrial estate roads didnt do it much justice lol.

Just skim read back over it, seems they are ok and now you have to buy them from K-tec not from the German supplier.

Golf GTD Mk7
Fred@BTM said:
its quite low, but still has plenty of travel (front platforms were approx halfway up the strut tube) maybe its just the roads of birmingham, but it was certainly firm!

Handling wise though Fred?

Golf GTD Mk7
Fred@BTM said:
for £170 they ain't bad, certainly not a member of "the big boys" but for £170 you can't complain!

Compared to standard?

Don't worry, not changing my mind, just curious ;)

Lionel Richie
TBH chaps they're (well they were ;)) £170 coilovers, don't expect miricales! they work, but they're very basic!

TBH k-tec might have a point (i haven't gone into detail reading this thread) but i'm 99% sure V-maxx, k-tec and raceland all share components betwen their kits.

V-maxx IMO were ok, raceland are average, k-tec - i haven't had a a bash with yet, so can't comment

suspension is one thing i spend a lot of my time on, i find it really interesting, we all know i dislike certain stuff, and a lot of people will/might **** me off, fair enough, suspension is a personal thing, but at least i can happily say i have a lengthy/decent experience in car/suspension setup

to conclude, you get what you pay for!

fad

Clio 182 FF
After driving Clio's equipped with H&R's GAZ (all round coilovers) and AST's you deffo get what you pay for!!!

No arguing they are good for 170 odd quid but drive something with decent suspension and I think you may well change your mind....I certainly did!

Nissan 350z
Most of us mortals cant justify spunking out £1k on coilovers though. So are you saying things like GAZ (£500 odd) is a happy medium between ride quality and performance?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
I'm sorry but where exactly have we "badmouthed" the Raceland coilovers? There are too many people on this thread who have read what they want into posts that have been made and come up with the completely wrong conclusion.

I suggest some have a good read at what we have posted beofre answering my question.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
OK, I will ask the question again.

Where is there any mention of Raceland coilovers?

When I made that first post the only time I had seen Raceland coilovers was in the pictures in this thread.

Just because Revels, or whoever, thinks a certain comment is aimed at the RL kit does not mean it is correct.

David.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If everyone see's it that way, regardless of wether intended, that's the way it's come across.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
To comment on a particular suspension kit we had not seen in the metal would be foolish. We buy many, many parts in over the course of a year to evaluate before deciding on whether it is something we should sell. If we think it is up to the job we will sell it, if not it will more than likely be sold on ebay or sent back to the supplier.

I will apologise now to those who have taken my first comment in a certain way but as I wrote it I can see how it is supposed to have been read.

David.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Most of us mortals cant justify spunking out £1k on coilovers though. So are you saying things like GAZ (£500 odd) is a happy medium between ride quality and performance?

Not a chance. I've had RS Clios shod with Bilstiens, H&R and GAZ (fail). They (GAZ) ruined the car big time. Shocking imo. As said above, you get what you pay for at the end of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.