ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Of course we have been keeping an eye on this thread with interest. Whenever a new product is made available for the Renault range, we have normally either already heard about it, bought it, tested and decided whether or not to offer it in our range.

We worked with several suspension manufacturers and agents to get to the stage where we were able offer our own coil over kit. This took a great deal of testing, modification and engineering in order to produce a well priced yet high quality kit. Each aspect of our suspension kit is unique to us. The spring rates, spring heights, top caps, C-Spanners etc are all according to our specification. Nobody came to us with a Clio RS kit and asked if we wanted to put our name on it, we went to them with the specifications and developed the item from the ground up. There is no other manufacturer able to offer, on a specification for specification basis, the same kit anywhere in the world. This is a part of our arrangement with the manufacturer and is absolute fact.

If a suspension kit is designed to fit one specific model, whoever manufactures the kit, has a basic shock body to make fit a very specific set of dimensions. This being the case, many suspension kits look very similar, V-Maxx's Kit also looks similar to Weitec's kit as does ours and now this Raceland kit. Items looking the same does not mean they are the same, all brake pads look the same for the Clio RS, but you all know they are far from the same in reality.

The price of our Coilover kit does not require our justification, as the producer of the kit and importer into the UK, any warranties, product liability insurances, development costs, advertising, packaging and ongoing tooling costs are ours to pay. Items sold under other brands are simply a buy it from A and sell it to B procedure and are not in anyway comparable. Those posters who think there is some sort of conspiracy theory or over pricing going on would be well advised to keep these comments to themselves, liable comments will not be tolerated by K-Tec Racing Limited, you are not in a position of knowledge nor privee to any information about our supply nor costs involved.

Now - We have been in contact with Raceland in order to secure a stock of the Raceland Kit to offer for sale in the UK, as we have said, if a new product comes along that is commercially viable, we will of course offer it in our line up. I am pleased to say we have a quantity of these kits on their way to us. We will be making them available to Cliosport members as a group buy if the interest is enough.

Sean.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
So were you aware of the raceland kit? and the million $ question is, how much will you be charging?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We are looking at a Group Buy of 10 members, with a UK Warranty (not the same as a european warranty) for 2 years, delivered to mainland UK addresses for £199.99 inc VAT.

Sean.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
good price. fair play. I'm not sure why the original ebay seller is no longer allowed to sell though? is it because you require exclusive UK rights or something?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its a shame the sale of these via E bay was blocked(for whatever reason, i'm not suggesting K-Tec had anything to do with it), as its always nice to have the choice.

But that's not an unreasonable price all things considered.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
good price. fair play. I'm not sure why the original ebay seller is no longer allowed to sell though? is it because you require exclusive UK rights or something?

We have no knowledge of the reasons concerning the Ebay seller.

Sean.

172, Tiguan
Fred I think you'll find them well made, good value and of good quality. You'll also see they are too soft on the front and could probably do with a stiffer spring setup, which when I've got some money again, i'll be looking into.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Shame these dont fit mine, im gonna buy all new std parts instead which is a sjame

I've had plenty of experience with raceland from running the 106owners club. Their manifolds are used a LOT with 106 and saxo owners

In my past experience they sell directly into the UK through sites like ebay until they get a distributor in the UK. I think they then see it as bad business sense to compete directly with their own distributor... which to be fair to them it is

The advantages of KTR distributing them means you'll have a UK point of contact if you ever have problems under the UK warranty.

I'll definatly be buying some coilovers beginning of april but I think I'll still be going for the KTR ones as the history behind them is public and they've been developed to a KTR spec. I don't know what testing/development has gone into the ktec ones at all

So the coilovers aren't available to the UK, then suddenly K-Tec have them? And you pay an extra 25% to buy from K-Tec and have another years warranty?

Interesting...

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
So the coilovers aren't available to the UK, then suddenly K-Tec have them? And you pay an extra 25% to buy from K-Tec and have another years warranty?

Interesting...

Paying an extra £40 for piece of mind, with regards to warranty, doesn't seem so bad to me! Especially for such a major component.

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
LMAO well well well i would never had fought that by me starting this thread k-tech would be starting to sell them lmao!

Awsome work! High five for me!

^ lol I couldn't give a s**t mate, I don't even own a Clio. But K-Tec are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Especially when you ring them up and spend £3k with them in one go, then bits don't turn up for months and when they do they're in piss poor condition.

DMS

A thirsty 172
^ lol I couldn't give a s**t mate, I don't even own a Clio. But K-Tec are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Especially when you ring them up and spend £3k with them in one go, then bits don't turn up for months and when they do they're in piss poor condition.

Did you raise this with K-tec at the time?
In my experience they always do their best to resolve any issues, and if you look through the trader experiences section on this forum you'll see most people say the same. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have done anything to rectify any problems you had.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I have a set of 182 cup pack ktrs, when fitting i noticed the 60mm holes looked as if they had been added later maybe even in house at ktr. Would this not be offered with the racelands?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Morning guys,

Not had a chance to read this whole thread as we have been at the Autosport Show for the last 5 days.

Over the past few months we have seen a couple of cheap coilover kits for the 172 which have been sent to us with a view to us selling them. All I can say is that these were returned to the manufacturers and we left it at that as we did not want to be dealing with the inevitable warranty issues that would have come from these kits.

There is a alot more to a suspension kit than its overall appearance and at the end of the day there will always be cheaper versions of the superior product available (tyres, brakes pads etc). We are very pleased with our own kit, we feel it is very well priced and we are happy to offer our own 2 year guarantee on it. I would not be so happy about buying an unknown kit from an unknown supplier in a foreign country. As the old saying goes "buy cheap, buy twice".

David.

We are looking at a Group Buy of 10 members, with a UK Warranty (not the same as a european warranty) for 2 years, delivered to mainland UK addresses for £199.99 inc VAT.

Sean.

I don't want to sould like I am pulling out the wooden spoon but..... what has changed between the first and second post?

Have these been 'tested in house' and found to be of suitable quality?

Are the ones K-Tech are selling somehow different. as in same make, different spec? Not talking about K-Tech Coilovers v Raceland coiloers here, just raceland from ebay v raceland from K-Tech.

What is the difference in warranty? (other than a point of contact and a different address to send them back to is there are any issues)

Titanium 182
I must admit I feel a bit ripped off from buying KTR coils now after seeing K-tecs reactions in this thread.

So much contradiction.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Certainly a lot of unanswered questions and coincidences.

But K-Tec are a business at the end of the day.

172, Tiguan
They extra money Ktec have added on gives you some peace of mind, the knowledge that if they do go wrong they are at the end of the phone to help.

My set that I bought on ebay for less also have a 2 year warranty, but obviously I'd have to probably remove from the car and send back to Germany after firing off a few emails.

You pays your money, you takes your choice, except perhaps you don't, because i'm not sure they're available on ebay anymore.

:)

Last edited:

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Certainly a lot of unanswered questions and coincidences.

But K-Tec are a business at the end of the day.

Where are these unanswered questions? and where are the coincidences then Tom? What exactly are you trying to say?

Sean.

Status
Not open for further replies.