ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  260% JCW
How stiff are they? Ive got Koni's at the mo and i wanna go lower and stiffer. More so for trackdays?

Charged Superleggera
i would pay the £40 more for the ktec ones as at least you know that if you have a problem then you can contact them

Mk5 golf gti
ahh i see but still seems bit of a con if they have bought them all then sellin the same ones at 40 quid more defeats the object of why i wanted them

Ph 1 172
i would pay the £40 more for the ktec ones as at least you know that if you have a problem then you can contact them

lol not to be rude or anything but you get an english customer service and very quick replys to all emails and help via phone!! and what made me laugh is your complaining about getting a set of COILOVERS for £200 + pp lol seriously whats with cliosport.net lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
lol not to be rude or anything but you get an english customer service and very quick replys to all emails and help via phone!! and what made me laugh is your complaining about getting a set of COILOVERS for £200 + pp lol seriously whats with cliosport.net lol
Probably something to do with the warranty and product being the same and the cost going up by 25% on the 'special low' group buy price. Especially with it being said in here somewhere that the coilovers were £90 to the suppliers, meaning the original price of £160 would have still given Ktec a reasonable profit from the coilovers. Theres also the original supplier being muscled out of selling them so that all the users of cliosport/clio owners that would have had an absolute bargain lose out more.

I'm pretty sure that the idea of the owners club was to help the car owners, not the part suppliers but maybe thats just me...

Probably something to do with the warranty and product being the same and the cost going up by 25% on the 'special low' group buy price. Especially with it being said in here somewhere that the coilovers were £90 to the suppliers, meaning the original price of £160 would have still given Ktec a reasonable profit from the coilovers. Theres also the original supplier being muscled out of selling them so that all the users of cliosport/clio owners that would have had an absolute bargain lose out more.

I'm pretty sure that the idea of the owners club was to help the car owners, not the part suppliers but maybe thats just me...

Couldnt have put it better myself!

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly!

LOL at b**ching about a £20 increase. How much do you spend on a night out?

As for the price being reasonable or otherwise, the £200 includes VAT doesn't it?

That would mean that K-Tec are paying £90, and selling for £170 giving them less than a 50% margin. I don't know what the standard is for the motor parts industry, but I suspect 45-50% is about the norm.

Ignore what they were on eBay...they clearly NEVER should have been sold at that price, nor could they ever retail at that price in the UK unless someone wants to commit commercial suicide.

If £90 is what they're paying for them, then £200 is a perfectly reasonable price to pay. If you don't like it, fit standard springs and dampers and buy them from Renault. How much change from £200 would that get you???

Mk5 golf gti
this was not an argument im just stating the fact that a group buy on something that costs more than the original price is defeating the object of a group buy
im not arguing on the price of the coilovers at all try reading the post before you get all cocky about it !

Mk5 golf gti

thanks mate thats what im trying to say all tho i thought kno one understood after the sarcy comments lol :D

260% JCW
The simple truth is,

Cilovers sold on ebay for 160 pounds
Coilovers start to sell
Some one/company wants to cash in
Coilovers now 200 pounds for group buy only + warranty
Coilover price will go up again after group buy (as the compny stated in a previous post)

Hate people who kiss certain traders backsides and try and justify price hikes.

They are selling these to make money, not to do us (Cliosport) any favours.

The end

Mk5 golf gti
The simple truth is,

Coilovers start to sell
Some one/company wants to cash in
Coilover price will go up again after group buy (as the compny stated in a previous post)

The end

agreed an now i wont be using them for aslong as i own my sports
i saved up for these to find they had been bought out
its pissed me right off tbh
i will find a set else where :p and ill pm them to people if i find them
as im never posting deals on here again

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
this was not an argument im just stating the fact that a group buy on something that costs more than the original price is defeating the object of a group buy
im not arguing on the price of the coilovers at all try reading the post before you get all c**ky about it !

My bad, had a sh*t day at work. Don't mean to come across as c**ky, but I find it incredible that some people can't see the value in the product that is being offered to them.

The simple truth is,

Coilovers start to sell
Some one/company wants to cash in -

The end

I would put it more like this...

Coilovers sold on ebay for 160 pounds
Coilovers start to sell
Company acting as an agent within the UK gets rightly pissed off that the manufacturer has allowed someone else to sell the manufacturer's branded products in the agents territory
Agent contacts manufacturer and gets them to take action of some description against the company that is infringing the agency arrangement/agreement
Agent agrees with manfacturer to distribute the product within its territory
Coilovers now 200 pounds for group buy only + warranty as pricing to agent will not support previous RRP
Coilover price will go up after group buy (as the company stated in a previous post) so the agent can continue to cover their overheads

All IMO of course.

I don't kiss any trader's backside. I'm not a K-Tec fanboy.

What I will say is, if the service anyone gets should they have a problem with these coilovers is anything like the service I got from them when my Stealth exhaust split, then you'd realise there are for more important things to moan about and move on.

Mk5 golf gti
ok fairplay mate :D
i totally get where your coming from but i dont see the logic in arguning in favour of paying 25% more for something we are suppose to be helping each other out with things
all down to opinion
but if ktec offered them at the price offered on the internet (still making a profit)
then there would be no argument
200 is very cheap for coilovers but paying 40 off my own back for no reason isnt justifiable

260% JCW
Il think you'l find they looked at them decided they were'nt that good and then decided not to sell them.

"Quote said company"

Over the past few months we have seen a couple of cheap coilover kits for the 172 which have been sent to us with a view to us selling them. All I can say is that these were returned to the manufacturers and we left it at that as we did not want to be dealing with the inevitable warranty issues that would have come from these kits.

They then realised people were buying them and wanted to cash in.

Simple

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
Blimey...i need a cuppa tee

1 hour and 37 minutes it took me to read all 40 pages..

Conclusion: for the sake of 200 quid its worth it

p.s dont bother reading all 40 pages..that is'nt worth it !

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Off topic i know but Just out of interest what is the longest thread ever?

Pics of your Mrs/GF is probably the longest at 10k plus replies.

Clearly apart from the cosmetics Raceland/Ktec/Vmaxx coilovers are the same components (I have Vmaxx). Ktec were trying to protect sales of their own coilovers when they said they wouldn't touch Raceland. You'd hope Ktec wouldn't sell them if they truly did feel they were of inferior quality.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Pics of your Mrs/GF is probably the longest at 10k plus replies.

Clearly apart from the cosmetics Raceland/Ktec/Vmaxx coilovers are the same components (I have Vmaxx). Ktec were trying to protect sales of their own coilovers when they said they wouldn't touch Raceland. You'd hope Ktec wouldn't sell them if they truly did feel they were of inferior quality.

Seems like a bit of a silly argument, would you say that you'd hope Renault wouldn't sell the clio because its an inferior quality to the megane?

They may be of inferior quality, but they are cheaper. You get what you pay for! Im not saying these are no good, i was considering a set.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Think you misunderstood what I was saying. I think Raceland, being TUV approved and well reviewed by members, are just as good quality as Ktec/Vmaxx. My point was Ktec are happy to sell Raceland now because they are the same coilovers.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Yes, done the Renaultsport trackdays at Cadwell and Oulton. I find Vmaxx handle well on track but to be honest I don't know any better as I haven't driven Clios on other coilovers. My car compared to others does respectably though on track certainly not the slowest.

Il think you'l find they looked at them decided they were'nt that good and then decided not to sell them.

"Quote said company"

Over the past few months we have seen a couple of cheap coilover kits for the 172 which have been sent to us with a view to us selling them. All I can say is that these were returned to the manufacturers and we left it at that as we did not want to be dealing with the inevitable warranty issues that would have come from these kits.

They then realised people were buying them and wanted to cash in.

Simple

Lol, well said

Bumder With A Buffer
Crikey this is a long thread!!!

I ahvent read it all so apologies but what difference are these to the V-maxx ones I might have??

Price OBVIOUSLY but anything else?? Are these just hieght or can you do damping too?? I dont think I can do damoping on my v-maxx???

Mustang, S13, AX GT
My bad, had a sh*t day at work. Don't mean to come across as c**ky, but I find it incredible that some people can't see the value in the product that is being offered to them.

I would put it more like this...

Coilovers sold on ebay for 160 pounds
Coilovers start to sell
Company acting as an agent within the UK gets rightly pissed off that the manufacturer has allowed someone else to sell the manufacturer's branded products in the agents territory
Agent contacts manufacturer and gets them to take action of some description against the company that is infringing the agency arrangement/agreement
Agent agrees with manfacturer to distribute the product within its territory
Coilovers now 200 pounds for group buy only + warranty as pricing to agent will not support previous RRP
Coilover price will go up after group buy (as the company stated in a previous post) so the agent can continue to cover their overheads

All IMO of course.

I don't kiss any trader's backside. I'm not a K-Tec fanboy.

What I will say is, if the service anyone gets should they have a problem with these coilovers is anything like the service I got from them when my Stealth exhaust split, then you'd realise there are for more important things to moan about and move on.

The problem I have is that K-Tec weren't originally selling Raceland coilovers, early in the thread they said that these coilovers weren't the same as K-Tec coilovers and they implied that it was a cheap kit that they tested and that they thought the Raceland coilovers weren't of a good enough quality for K-Tec to supply, so they weren't an agent for Raceland in the UK and were happy to imply that they didn't like the product enough to want to stock it.

It was only after they noticed that potential customers for the K-Tec kits were buying the Raceland Kits instead that they decided to become a UK distributor for them, at an inflated price and effectively shutting down the competition from supplying them to UK buyers.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Think you misunderstood what I was saying. I think Raceland, being TUV approved and well reviewed by members, are just as good quality as Ktec/Vmaxx. My point was Ktec are happy to sell Raceland now because they are the same coilovers.

Sorry, thought you were trying to say because they may not be as good they shouldn't be sold!!

I would imagine that fundamentally most lower - mid coilovers are the same, its just in the detail, spring and damping rates etc... which are a bit different. When you buy v-maxx or k-tec i would imagine you are paying for the time they spent creating a set up to best suit/exploit the clio. More so than raceland, but as suspension can be a very personal thing so some may not like the "superior" sets as much as the raceland ones.

Whatever these seem to be such a good price I can see why so many people want them. Personally im going to wait until i buy another can and turn my cup into a track car and then get something more top end.

Nissan 350z
You guys are seriously tight fisted crying over £20. End of.

You either pay £180 on Ebay (yes they arent £160 anymore) and wait 2 weeks+ for delivery from Germany

OR

You pay £200 from an English company that has them in stock and you get an English point of contact to return said coilovers to if any fault arrises instead of posting back to Europe (which will cost about £20 FYI)

I await your delicious tears when you cry about having to pay shipping back to Germany if you develop a fault on your Ebay specials.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.