ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner of an AB 182! (pics)

Mk5 Golf GTi
Hello all!

Been mainly lurking the forums for a while now, I last posted pics of the 1.4 mk3 Dynamique I was driving for a couple years.

So last Friday I bought myself an Arctic Blue 182 after several weeks of seeing a few cars (a few sheds also!) and finally got my hands on one - big thanks to it's previous owners (I believe a few forum guys have owned this one now) for taking such good care of it.

I have to say I can certainly see the rave about these things, I'm loving every minute of it!! :grin:

Got it more or less how I've always wanted one but my immediate plans are a new set of front Cup springs (passenger side is cracked and needs replacing) and a Cup spoiler.

Anyway, a few quick pics:
16807690116_beb7019698_b.jpg
First 182 Shoot Edit (5 of 6) by Kieran Gateley, on Flickr

16832443752_7e85215835_b.jpg
First 182 Shoot Edit (3 of 6) by Kieran Gateley, on Flickr

My brother @CaptainFail here also with his 225:
16213607493_973bb514f9_b.jpg
First 182 Shoot Edit (2 of 6) by Kieran Gateley, on Flickr

16807692166_869449ce27_b.jpg
First 182 Shoot Edit (1 of 6) by Kieran Gateley, on Flickr

Mk5 Golf GTi
Those Sport Maxx's are really good all-rounder tyres. I was well impressed when I had them on mine.
Not had the chance to test them out to their potential yet (due to the cracked spring) but I've heard they're the factory standard tyre for the 197? Either way I'm impressed with the grip so far in both damp and dry conditions! It's got Pirelli P-zero on the back too with more tread so I'll swap them round when I sort my springs out.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
P-Zeros are good too - but I'd leave them on the rear. I've found them to be very soft and get hammered on the front with 'enthusiastic' driving - lol :)

In the 10 years I've had the 182, I think I've tried nearly every make and model of rubber that there is for these!