ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Does it have a built in FM transmitter? If not I think I will stick to the Sony Erricson due out and not have to go back to an o2 contract

Citroen DS3 DSport
TomTom have announced that they already have their sat nav app working on the iPhone :) No release date yet.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Im interested in the new iPhone. I have liked them since the start but a few missing features such as MMS have put me off!

Does anyone know if MMS works on them? And I wonder if it has the Nike+ receiver built in too as I use that a fair bit at the moment with my ipod!

Citroen DS3 DSport
MMS has not been announced as a standard feature but o2 or a 3rd party may well release a app to support it that we can download from the App Store.

182 RB FF
WHAT A PILE OF POOP!

Been waiting for this for ages and it finally comes out and it's not much better than the original.

Finally has 3G but

Still no MMS
Still no 5MP Camera
Still no proper bluetooth (don't think)

What a disappointment!

AND!

They are selling them for £100 with a £30/month contract and will be on PAYG! Even poor people can afford them now! So what's the point in even getting one

I hate samsungs but that new samsung looks way better than this!

HAHAHAHA

BMW M4; S1000 RR
FFS its so cheap. There goes the exclusivity. That's what made it so special, knowing not a lot of people had one. TBH

Is anyone else slightly dissopointed that its so cheap to buy? I kind of like the exclusivity of the current iphone. Its not like the n95 or the SE k8100i where every man and his dog has got one.

Obviously its good that exsiting iphone owners can buy one so cheap so seen as we already have the 1st gean its clear most people could afford to pay the price?

I just hope it doesnt end up being like everywhere you turn you see someone with an iphone.

lol Or maybe they realised they'd sell a lot more if they didn't try and sell them at £900 minimum for the phone and an 18month contract.

It's hardly a Rolex..

Citroen DS3 DSport
The camera is not a major part of the iPhone for me so I can live without any upgrade there however it would have been nice.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
The camera is the only thing that puts me off the iPhone. I've got a Sony-Eric k850i and the camera is quality, and the video recording quality is also top notch too. 3mp cameras are pretty much standard on other phones, how comes Apple can't do it?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The important part of the phone for me is email and net browsing and it does this better than any other phone I've used. The camera is not important.

lol Or maybe they realised they'd sell a lot more if they didn't try and sell them at £900 minimum for the phone and an 18month contract.

It's hardly a Rolex..

Never said it was lad tbqfh.

its just s**t when you see every cnut with the same phone as you

MMS is pretty good with swirly, be good once its released with an integrated pic viewer.

Camera quality is ok quality on the phone itself, i never blow pictures up on the pc, which is where a 5mp would benefit.

Ill be buying one for sure, but not on contract, just handset only, still friendly with old boss from CPW, so shud get a little discount ;)

Then ill just sell my current iphone to fund aswell :)

cock mobile.
Hmmm £35 tariff plus £7.50 for the free text bolt on; £99 for the phone.

Still pretty expensive, works out at £864 over 18 months.

Tempting though.

Revels Mum & Sister
WHAT A PILE OF POOP!

Been waiting for this for ages and it finally comes out and it's not much better than the original.

Finally has 3G but

Still no MMS
Still no 5MP Camera

What a disappointment!

AND!

They are selling them for £100 with a £30/month contract and will be on PAYG! Even poor people can afford them now! So what's the point in even getting one

PMSL coming from a 1.2 Clio owner heard it all now reagrding poor people.

I shall be getting one for sure. Looks awesome. The email for me is a big seller. If it can do it half as well as my Blackberry I am sold. As I need it.

Loving the GPS as well that will be cool. And the 3G

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Do you think it will be possible to do what you could do with the original, where you buy from CPW and then unlock before having to sign up to a contract?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My current Vodaphone contract is up in August, so i'll go for one of these then!

Currently using a Mk1 iPhone, unlocked and jailbroken, like Dan's.

Swirly MMS is a good service! I've used it loads. It just needs to be set up correctly.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Do you think it will be possible to do what you could do with the original, where you buy from CPW and then unlock before having to sign up to a contract?

No I think you will be forced to enter into a contract instore. The only alternative will be the PAYG version but no price has been announced for that.

57 Clio Campus Sport
WHAT A PILE OF POOP!

Finally has 3G but

Still no MMS
Still no 5MP Camera

What a disappointment!

AND!

I shall be getting one for sure. Looks awesome. The email for me is a big seller. If it can do it half as well as my Blackberry I am sold. As I need it.

Sorry going off subject here but:

An 18 year old who has had a 03 1.2 Clio since his 17th Birthday (July 06). I wouldn't say I was poor lol.

I see you have a 323i (probably debadged so nobody can tell its only 323) and an Evo IV. May I ask how old you are?

Not really.

I have one without data. If im not near wifi, I can cope.

Still with 02? Or jail broken?

What contract are you on then if you don't mind sharing? :)

With Orange, Jailbroken.

Orange Dolphin, Unlimited texts, 600mins. £25.

Id like a data bundle but Orange dont do anything suitable atm, they probably do a 3G thing but I dont know if you'll just be able to pick one up like last time! :(

I'll see what the PAYG deals are like or I might be tempted to run 2 contracts.

57 Clio Campus Sport
How easy is it to copy names / numbers / contacts from a Nokia phone to the iphone?

Reasonably difficult, I think with the iPhone your numbers have to be stored on Outlook (or another Contact filing system on the computer). I think i only managed to do it (on my iPod Touch not iPhone but they use the same system) because I had a spare xda at the time so put my sim in that and then syncd it with outlook.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I synced my old N73 with my Mac and all numbers transferred easily, not sure if it's as simple on a PC but I think you can do so via Outlook.

I'll upgrade my plan to £45 instore and reduce the 16gb price to £59. You can downgrade the plan after 9 months so in total I'll save £10 this way and decrease the initial outlay by £100.

Formally Clio 182
I've noticed on the US iphone site the picture of the iPhone has AT&T in the top left of the screen...

hero20080609.png

But on the UK site there's nothing, just the 3G icon and signal bars...

hero20080609.png

This could mean that in the UK, it's no longer o2 exclusive.

3 would be a good network imo for this.

Revels Mum & Sister

Sorry going off subject here but:

An 18 year old who has had a 03 1.2 Clio since his 17th Birthday (July 06). I wouldn't say I was poor lol.

I see you have a 323i (probably debadged so nobody can tell its only 323) and an Evo IV. May I ask how old you are?

PMSL calm down dear. Just because you have a 5 year old clio worth about 2-3K doesnt make you special mate thats what I am getting at. I was making the point that you are hardly in a position to dictate about "poor" people LOL

PMSL at the badge. Its an Estate P reg BMW why would I debadge it. It is a daily hack and something to chuck bikes in thats it. So I have no reason to debadge it. If I was a badge snob id hardly be driving an Evo

I am 24 not that it has ANY bearing on my original point. I just dont like stuck up cnuts that think they are special thats all.

Revels Mum & Sister
I've noticed on the US iphone site the picture of the iPhone has AT&T in the top left of the screen...

hero20080609.png

hero20080609.png

IT WILL be O2 exclusive

Tesla MP3 2021

hero20080609.png

hero20080609.png

Dont give up your day job ;) :rasp:

Citroen DS3 DSport
Apple use the same unbranded images in all Apple Stores outwith the States, they did the same with the original iPhone.