ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New GoPro Hero3

Just found this disclaimer with photodirect on Ebay.

"Please note that by making a purchase from this listing you will be acting as the importer of the product for all purposes including all customs regulations, copyright and trademark laws. You accept that the role of Photo Direct is limited to sourcing products and making them available for you to import directly from the country of origin. By purchasing a product from Photo Direct you authorise us to make arrangements for clearance of customs on your behalf for the products you have ordered. There will be no additional charges to you. THE PRICE YOU SEE IS THE PRICE YOU PAY. "

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Never seen that before

However if I was mounting mine (well when as I'm waiting on it being delivered) on the outside of my car I would 100% adding a lanyard incase that was to happen.

Check the Internet it's happened quite a lot. They will replace it but I can't find the f**king receipt : (.

Monaco 53/468
I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere on the net - does the Hero3 Black have Bluetooth? So I can use the app on iPhone to control it via Bluetooth? Or is it Wifi only?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've never heard of any having Bluetooth, why would you want it anyway?

Monaco 53/468
If I'm out and about and no wifi available I will want to control camera with Bluetooth. Or am I missing the point with the Go Pro wifi?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The phone connects directly to your camera via wifi.

Lol, how do you think the wifi works?

Monaco 53/468
So what if there's no wifi connection where u are? In the woods cycling for example, surely it needs bluetooth to connect?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think you completely miss understand how wifi works on the go pro. As long as your iphone/ipad within in say 10ish metres of the camera it will pick up the wifi. As the camera gives out its own wifi signal, the phone connects to that.

Sorry but lol at thinking it goes all the way through the internetz and needs a broadband connection to the camera etc.

Monaco 53/468
I'm used to Apple TV and things like that which are controlled by sharing the same wifi Internet connection so yeah, I did misunderstand the Go Pro wifi. Thank you for explaining it to me, but I don't really see the need for the 'lolz'. So I didn't know something you did, well done.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think about it logically, what use would an outdoor action camera be if it needed to be connected to the Internet.

Never used Apple TV before, but guessing that streams films from the Internet?

If it streams them from another mac/pc in the house, that would also technically work in he middle of a wood as long as there was power and a router.

Anyway, you turn wifi on on the go pro, then connect to it with the iPhone through settings like connecting to any other wifi network, then open the go pro app and you get a live view and all the controls, it's good stuff.

Monaco 53/468
Thanks. That's why I asked the question in the first place because it didn't make sense and I didn't want to spuff £360 so thought I'd check with CS!

LY Megane R26
Want a GoPro and I'm stuck between getting the 2 and a wi-fi bac pac for say £270 ish or a 3 silver from eBay with built in wi-fi, but I, not sure how much I trust eBay:/? There about £200 on there.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why would you even consider a 2 with the wifi back back if its same price as a 3????

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats not what you just said though

Hero 2 + wifi backpack is £270

Legit hero 3 is £270

Potential dodgy ebay Hero 3 is £200.

So really don't see why you'd get the 2 + wifi backpack.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Has anyone hardwired a power supply for a hd3 in a track car yet?

Most decent looking Kits I found seemed to be from America..

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
As see on mine it will be easier to conect it up to the battery than lighter (mx5 battery in boot and rear cage is where I plan to mount it).. but may just do that instead if I can't find a kit..