ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New GoPro Hero3

Astra SRI/ Hornet
My gopro hd3 drains the battery when it's switched off. I've emailed support and haven't even had a reply. Heard it could be an update glitch as it did turn on out of the box so did drain its battery pre update.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd bump this now I've had a chance to use my hero 3 silver

6 min video from snowboarding over Christmas week, don't forget to change quality to 720p or make the HD blue if watching in vimeo

Various links incase there's issues

http://youtu.be/B2dngpACc8c

https://vimeo.com/56485754

The quality on that looks decent! Only i'd stick to 30fps as you get a smooth shot. Tend to only use 60fps for slow motion.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Just ordered my go pro black from demon tweaks should be here next week £259.99 not bad really.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
looking at getting one of these to use in/on the car.
do i need the black edition? or will the silver do? and what accessories do i need to buy with it ideally?

cheers
Chris

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
A week after buying mine from GoPro I've found out I can get them through work with my discount. B*llocks.

I thought this but I couldn't find the supplier of them on our system. Also using the Website item code it said Vendor only.

I just want some cheap accessories!

I thought this but I couldn't find the supplier of them on our system. Also using the Website item code it said Vendor only.

I just want some cheap accessories!

Madison won supply to us mate! I've tried and they won't, had a row with Tracey on Cycling Supply help desk and she said its because we're not licensed for it! Even though I got a roll bar mount on my delivery a few weeks ago.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Madison won supply to us mate! I've tried and they won't, had a row with Tracey on Cycling Supply help desk and she said its because we're not licensed for it! Even though I got a roll bar mount on my delivery a few weeks ago.

I take it was an Order and Collect order?

Tracy's usually pretty good. You could ask the Special Parts guys, the new ones (Ben Clarke was a c**t) are quite good and know their stuff.

I take it was an Order and Collect order?

Tracy's usually pretty good. You could ask the Special Parts guys, the new ones (Ben Clarke was a c**t) are quite good and know their stuff.

Nope, no idea what it was. Yeah Tracy was alright but a bit arsey. Not spoke to the new guy yet.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Hmmm... I may have to enquire once I'm back from holiday. Need some new mounts!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
looking at getting one of these to use in/on the car.
do i need the black edition? or will the silver do? and what accessories do i need to buy with it ideally?

cheers
Chris

cheers for ignoring my post/question. :(

I don't know.

I have a Hero 1. More than adequate for general usage. I've only seen a video of the 3, not looked at specs or whatever.

I also don't know what packages you get. If there's a Motorsports package get that.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
ok cheers, can you still buy a 1 or a 2 new then off internet? suppose i should look really. :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
No idea, you may be able to find a 2. There was a deal on Groupon yesterday for the 2.

Look at comparison videos on Youtube. Like guys who film the same things side by side with a 1 and a 2 and then see if you'd notice the difference. When I got mine I looked at a few comparisons between the 1 and the 2 and in the end I decided to save the £100 and go for the 1.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Thanks. I will have a look into getting one when I get paid next :) I'm thinking a hero 3 silver edition with suction cup?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd love the h3 black but not at £360. Anyone found them any cheaper yet #askastupidquestion

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Think the app shows live view. So there's no need to buy the LCD screen iirc

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah has live view, well has about a 5 second delay, can change any setting on the camera, stop start it etc to.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Ugh that sounds perfect. Most niggly part is the settings on my 1. TBF though once you're set, you're set.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I need a hero. I am holding out for a Hero but certainly not till the end of the night. It's gotta be strong, I guess it's gotta be fast but I don't one that's
fresh from a fight.

The live view on the app is brilliant, full functionality from the app. Shooting at 4k is very impressive as is 1440p.

I love my black edition.

don't
Finished my video from my January trip, various mounting views used. Hero 3 Silver
Had 1 issue with my outer case, the power button started to get a bit stuck and wasnt springing back properly, need to contact gopro about it.
In the end I just left the camera on all day as I had 2 batteries.
Very similar battery life from the gopro and wasabi battery.
Got about 3 hours from each with the camera on standby ready for me just to click record.

Don’t forget to change the quality to 720p on youtube, click the HD so it’s blue on Vimeo
youtube link (had to keep changing songs as they kept putting copyright claims in against others)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvuFRRKR8s&list=UUWm9EdheaTj0ADSHsCtyq4Q&index=1

also uploaded on Vimeo with the original music
https://vimeo.com/58914164

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'd just like to worn people about the gopro mounts. They are made of chocolate as I found out this morning and resulting in me losing a £200 camera after only using it 3 times.

image-4.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd just like to worn people about the gopro mounts. They are made of chocolate as I found out this morning and resulting in me losing a £200 camera after only using it 3 times.

image-4.jpg
[/IMG]

Never seen that before

However if I was mounting mine (well when as I'm waiting on it being delivered) on the outside of my car I would 100% adding a lanyard incase that was to happen.

With the Go Pro Silver. What else would you need to buy for trackday filming. I guess this is a question to people who already have them.

I know I'd need to separately buy a memory card and I quite like the idea of a wireless remote so you don't have to keep leaning in the back to turn it on and off, or would the App be sufficient for that?

But would I need a USB charger? Battery pack? Microphone?