ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New GoPro Hero3

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thats a great vid Turkish!

I'm in the states now so i may pop out shopping tomorrow and see if anybody has any in stock!

Twingo Dynamique
ok... so i'm not gonna lie, i really pretty much know nothing about photography/equipment/video stuff... so... what makes the 2 better than the one, and the 3 better than the 2? just the video quality? and please do excuse me for being uneducated here... but, HD is HD ???

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'm in the situation of deciding between a contour roam and a go pro. The only thing with the go pro is the style of it! It's a square shaped object that sticks out a mile where as the contour is streamline and conspicuous. But I know from reviews go pro is better. Hmmmm it's a tough decision. Anyone had both?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm in the situation of deciding between a contour roam and a go pro. The only thing with the go pro is the style of it! It's a square shaped object that sticks out a mile where as the contour is streamline and conspicuous. But I know from reviews go pro is better. Hmmmm it's a tough decision. Anyone had both?

Surely you buy if for the quality of video it does as opposed to looks?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Surely you buy if for the quality of video it does as opposed to looks?

Not just looks I'm talking about aerodynamics and not noticing its there. I dunno if you've ever used a go pro on a helmet before but you certainly know its there. And as ill be using it on a motorbike aerodynamics has to be part of my decision.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Not just looks I'm talking about aerodynamics and not noticing its there. I dunno if you've ever used a go pro on a helmet before but you certainly know its there. And as ill be using it on a motorbike aerodynamics has to be part of my decision.

I see. I have a GoPro 1 and have the sticky mounts hidden on bits of the 200 where I mount it externally. So aerodynamics ain't really an issue for us.

Hero 3 black is £270 this weekend @ evans! luckily I'm too skint.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gopro/hero3-black-edition-ec044269

TEL25 - 25% off RRP on 2012 bikes, clothing, parts and accessories. Enter code online. Items already reduced by 25% or more will NOT be discounted further. Excludes Aftershokz, Altura, Bontrager, Endura, Enve, Exposure, Fox Forks, Garmin, O'Neal & Specialized. Also excludes turbo trainers, gift vouchers, RideIt! and FixIt! events. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or when paying with Price Match. Valid until 19/11/12

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
That evans deal has me very tempted.. although thinking of just going for the silver..

hmm opinions? will literally be only for trackdays tbh...

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted with the black for that price. No stock till 20/12/2012 though :(

Silver is also £209 with the code

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I've forwaded the link for black motorsport one and the silver to the missus.. fingers crossed haha

Looking for 182
I've added the Black edition to the basket and entered the code, it has definitely been added but has reduced the price by £0!!

Any ideas?

EDIT: I was using the wrong code! Ooops

Last edited:
  Looking for 182
A 25% discount on something like that probably doesn't come by too often. I think it has expired now as well.

I ordered the Black edition yesterday :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could someone explain whats so special about the black edition?

Is it just for the remote?

And can't i just do the same using my iPhone?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That it? As can get £40 off at chainreaction cycles, tempted!

Looking for 182
My £270 Black edition was sent out today, should be here tomorrow. I went for the Black edition due to the discount, but also the chance to record at 120fps at 720p for slow motion shots, and 60fps at 1080p :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
My £270 Black edition was sent out today, should be here tomorrow. I went for the Black edition due to the discount, but also the chance to record at 120fps at 720p for slow motion shots, and 60fps at 1080p :)

Was that the motorsport edition? Where did you get that excellent price if I may ask?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What do you use to edit the vids? The gopro software is beyond shite.

don't
Videopad now, got quite an old Dell laptop so put up with windows movie maker before but that was awful.

Videopad seems cool, simple to use and does slowmo, fastforward, reverse etc