ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio RS

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thats me out of business if that POS lands anywhere near me.....

Looks like a SEAT-

do not want.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont think brembos will make a return even in special edition models, too much hastle with them and sticking pins/pads, nothing wrong with standard single piston brakes if they use resonable sized discs and a good pad/disc combo

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
People seem to be forgetting that the 1st RenaultSport models in the range are always cr4p, then they get it right a little while later ... Before they create 15 limited editions.

Meggy 225 > 225 Trophy > R26
Ph2 172 > 172 Cup > 182 Trophy
197 > 197 Cup > 200

Etc etc.

Give it 12 months and they'll be one with more power, an lsd & manual box, guaranteed ...

120d M Sport
Think I'd be looking at the new Fiesta ST over this which looks miles better, even though it's got a rather controversial front end too with its gapey mouth.

clio 172 cup 03
That does look sh*t. I wouldn't buy a RS Clio. That hideous diamond and RS badge, the 5 doors. Whats going on with Renault lately?

260% JCW
People seem to be forgetting that the 1st RenaultSport models in the range are always cr4p, then they get it right a little while later ... Before they create 15 limited editions.

Meggy 225 > 225 Trophy > R26
Ph2 172 > 172 Cup > 182 Trophy
197 > 197 Cup > 200

Etc etc.

Give it 12 months and they'll be one with more power, an lsd & manual box, guaranteed ...

The thing is no amount of time is going to sort out that ugly front end.

As for the motor no doubt it's massively de-tuned, the Factory JCW comes with 210bhp as standard but with a few simple mods they can reliably produce 270+bhp and 290lbs/ft.

320d
Hmm. I'm not convinced. This could be the end of the RS Clio being the best hot hatch. 175lbft isn't great from a blown lump. I bet it's because the box will break if it's more meaning that remaps will probably destroy it.