ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new all time lows

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
after being at the big chester meet the other day and seeing ekaj's clio and a few others ive decided my 1.2 16v will go for the low and slow theory

im wondering whats the max people have lowered theres what precautions have been taken and the cost really

currently my car sits like this (will add a pic in a minute)

its aparently 80mm on springs n shocks but its just not low enough this is according to previous owner not totally sure how i can check to be honest

protection wise im looking at flat flooring the whole underneath or maybe just the vitals with a ally sump+subframe guard but how low have people gone with there clios and what issues have they encountered

886936_10151545684540930_1540254567_o.jpg

PS as soon as i can manage it i will be getting rid of the lexus lights and will be looking for new front a rear bumpers as previous owner also wasnt very good at smoothing things (tosser)

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
That does not look 80mm. Don't see the point in going any lower, driving will just become "awkward".

i would agree but it was cheap and and a brilliant base car very sold no rust at all even if it was chavved up a little

as for why the only answer i can give you is why not thats like saying why fit throttle boddies cams and exhausts because we can is the simple answer

Get some cheap coilovers, take the helper springs out front and wind it right down. I don't think youd need any protection underneath, theres not much to scrape.

You'll probably need some custom springs for the rear, coilovers springs with no adjusters might be enough.

Nice meeting you mate :)

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Just change the rear lights and leave as it tbh.

Much lower, you would need coilovers/air bags

bumpers need sorting as there full of filler from the previous owner attempting to smooth it badly

coilovers are what im after but what ones go the lowest or whats available for the 1.2 16v ive read there differnt to all the rest somethign to do with a 52 or 58mm hub??

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Personally, I cannot see the point in going stupidly low, you suddenly restrict what roads you can use, if you do encounter speed bumps then you end up causing a traffic jam behind you.
you will end up bouncing down the road looking like a grade A plum.

why not have the car so you can comfortably use it?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
i would agree but it was cheap and and a brilliant base car very sold no rust at all even if it was chavved up a little

as for why the only answer i can give you is why not thats like saying why fit throttle boddies cams and exhausts because we can is the simple answer

I know why I've been there with wanting lows, but at the end of the day your car looks a good ride height as it is imo.

Octavia VRS LE
Looks around a 60mm drop to me mate.

I ran race land coilovers on my ph2 non sport. Wasn't wound all the way down and I scrubbed on most speed bumps in my area. Got really annoying. But I did love the look!!!!

your decision at the end of the day mate, just be sure to speak to people with ridiculous lows to get a view from people who have done it.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Looks around a 60mm drop to me mate.

I ran race land coilovers on my ph2 non sport. Wasn't wound all the way down and I scrubbed on most speed bumps in my area. Got really annoying. But I did love the look!!!!

your decision at the end of the day mate, just be sure to speak to people with ridiculous lows to get a view from people who have done it.

was speaking to ekaj's briefly about his 182 with rediciously low lows and its his fault I HAVE to get lower then him ive been looking at raceland coilovers but they seem to have dissapeared from the face of the earth yet again i had them on my astra they were brilliant