ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My T350c (hopefully)

E91 M Sport
Subway, get the TVR. I considered a t350c but got too scared when I read about engine rebuilds, etc. Think it'll be a car you'll remember though. You can always buy the Evo once you've lost a few grand in repair bills ;)

As for the haters... :nono::rolleyes:

LY 200
I don't really see what it matters even if his dad was buying it for him. It doesn't take anything away from the car, and it's not like anyone here would say "no thanks" if it was offered on a plate :approve:

Lol, Even though im sure its not being bought through his old boy, all I can say on the matter is I wish mine was in a position to buy me one even if that is the case!!!

Good luck with it manna. :approve:

p.s you got any spare teaboy jobs going at the place where you work mr subway? I need some of this cash in my life..... ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
A lotus is a cheap tvr imho

Great cars all the same but not the same class a the T350

Plus the T350 would beat an evo for speed and handling(in the right hands)

ian

Engles Mummy
I prefer the tvr but I can't justify myself spending an extra 7k for a car that offers less.

I can get an fq400 for that sort of money, which will certainly be much faster the 350.

Need to speak to some evo owners!

I can afford to own a car where it might not start in the morning, reliability comes first!

Dirty E91
I prefer the tvr but I can't justify myself spending an extra 7k for a car that offers less.

I can get an fq400 for that sort of money, which will certainly be much faster the 350.

I can afford to own a car where it might not start in the morning, reliability comes first!

Isn't the FQ400 laggy as hell due to it's bag old turbo?

I'd go big and N/A, Shelby Mustang GT 500?

112552-1.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/112552.htm

Engles Mummy

Isn't the FQ400 laggy as hell due to it's bag old turbo?

I'd go big and N/A, Shelby Mustang GT 500?

Fq400 is only laggy when your not in the right gear...

Mustang GT :dead: horrid!

But thanks anyway matey.

A4 Avant
I'd go TVR. The evo's are nice but they aren't special! I see loads of evo's and only a handful of tuscans/350's. I'd rather pay the little bit extra and have the one thats more exclusive!!

Engles Mummy
I'd go TVR. The evo's are nice but they aren't special! I see loads of evo's and only a handful of tuscans/350's. I'd rather pay the little bit extra and have the one thats more exclusive!!

Damn you, your sooo right.

But the tvr comes with more problems :(

A4 Avant
How do you know you'll have problems though? Look at all the peeps on here with lots of issues with there brand new clios, I had mine and it was 100% fine. You always hear about peoples problems. I'm sure there is a stat where by when someones happy with a product they tell 4 people when they aren't they tell 15!

If it becomes a money pit move it on. You'll still have had a lot of fun with it especially as summer should be on the way soon!

Engles Mummy
How do you know you'll have problems though? Look at all the peeps on here with lots of issues with there brand new clios, I had mine and it was 100% fine. You always hear about peoples problems. I'm sure there is a stat where by when someones happy with a product they tell 4 people when they aren't they tell 15!

If it becomes a money pit move it on. You'll still have had a lot of fun with it especially as summer should be on the way soon!

You’re a man of many wise words!

I'll think about it, I need to test drive an evo and see what’s more exhilarating to drive!

haha Buy both! It's not like your poor right? :)

love that 350 and with me being the same age as you with a 1.4... soooo so jealous :(

Yeah get the TVR, with its 350bhp and only 1187kgs, it has a better power per tonne than even an FQ400, which weighs in at 1415kg ;)

Simon

Adam (subway) what is your budget ??
Reason I ask is that some of the cars posted up (like the mustang) are 50k !

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The evo is common as.The tvr is exclusive.
The evo if it breaks with all its active yaw goodies will cost you a bomb
The tvr is a shell with a bloody big engine.Not a lot to go wrong.

The TVR will kill an EVO for looks and speed .

Whats the matter with you man

ian

Engles Mummy
Well the cars I've been looking at are 20-30k

tvr 27k
evo 340 20k
evo 400 29k

20k Is more my budget to be honest, as I'm planning on moving out later this year so I need deposit money to put down on a house/flat.

I'll you what I'm looking for -

2or4 seats
2or4 door

Sub 4's to 60
Sub 10's to 100

05> upwards with warranty (extendable if need be)

Handling & stability is key, especially at high speeds.

Exclusivity is very important; I don't want to drive about in a car where you see it every damn day.

Don't want a lotus!

Around the 20-25k mark (stretch to 30k if the car is seriously to hot to handle, but rather not)

So far all I got is tvr 350c 05 & evo 340 05, and at the moment the evo is winning because it offers so much more.

Open to suggestions though...

E91 M Sport
M3 CSL is where my money would be, depreciated loads already and you won't worry about reliability. I see more V6's than CSL's so exclusivity is taken care of, and I hear they're pretty good at the high speed handling...

press_hockenheim.jpg

we just got rid of our rs6 avant, got to admit it can keep up with most things on the road today, but if you are planning on doing a few miles in it ,like we did. It is one of the thirstiest cars i have ever seen or owned. And we ended up losing 10k in 6months on it, the prices just dropped as soon as the new s6 came out!

Engles Mummy
M3 CSL is where my money would be, depreciated loads already and you won't worry about reliability. I see more V6's than CSL's so exclusivity is taken care of, and I hear they're pretty good at the high speed handling...

press_hockenheim.jpg

That is gorgeous!

CSL's tend to go for around 30k right? Surely an evo 400 or a 340 would destroy it though?

E91 M Sport
You can pickup a CSL for about 30k. An Evo would probably be quicker from A to B, but I'd guess the CSL would have it in a straightline and in the dry there wouldn't be much difference round the corners. All I can be sure of is A) the CSL would sound better B) it would look better and C) it would be a 20 piece bargain bucket of fun.

Bumblebee
CSL is a good choice.

I have driven a T350c, awesome car, 0-100 about 10.5, o-60 in about 4.4. Quite an event, however it will break very very quickly. Wouldnt spend that much on an evo either.

As i say a lotus exige S1 for me, however on your choice it would be the tvr

Personally if I had the money I would buy the new Audi S3. Came out start of this year priced at £27,000 brand new. It maybe alittle over budget and might not be as fast as the other cars but to me just looks the business, will be immaculate inside and reliability will be great since the Germanz zeem to noes what zey are doing! Just look at the pic, sooo fit!

0608_z+2007_audi_s3+front_corner.jpg

Some info about the car aswell.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=26562

.... In black it looks the business mate :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Sub 10's to 100? Dont want much do we...lol

I actually just saw a 04 reg 350c on the back of a low loader. Deffo had broken down as the passenger in the truck had a suit on...:)

Evo 400's are too laggy. Speak to ballsie. The 340 can be tuned up to 400bhp easily and also almost has 400 ft'lbs of torque opposed to the FQ400s 350....

might not be as fast as the other cars

I kno... :( just wanted to post it incase the looks blew him away.

...The RS3 comes out soon, not sure when. That will be pretty dam quick with a 3.2 V6 bi turbo pushin 350bhp.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
http://www.tvr-centre.co.uk/

What about a tuscan,Theres one at this dealer here in blue with 9800 miles for 23k

0-60 in 3.8 and 0-100 in 8.1
It weighs in at 1100 kg and has 337bhp/tonne

Oh and it will do 195mph

Surely thats more appealing than any evo

ian

That top grey GT-R is pure, pure and pure sex piss.

f**king hell Adam, what a choice to have :)

From the cars ive seen posted I'd choose..

1)M3 CSL
2)Skyline GT-R
3)Porka carrera 2
4)TVR 350
5)RS6
6)EVO
7)S3

Last edited: